XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What body kits available for XK8 ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2011, 03:18 AM
Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
Default What body kits available for XK8 ?

The car is beautiful as is.
But it could be even prettier.

The paragon kit is a prime example of that - $2600 and that's just front spoiler and side sills.
Probably a hard fiberglass also.

Arden kit - $4300 ??
What else is there??? Veilside?? Not a fan.

updating list:
1- Paragon
2- Arden
xxx Veilside - no longer available
4- Mina
5- SVC
6- Zeemax - widebody, and lower trim
7- Oem from later year

Last edited by andrezbim; 04-11-2011 at 06:39 AM. Reason: reference list
Old 04-06-2011, 09:48 AM
Veteran Member
Received 305 Likes on 217 Posts

Personally, I'm not much of a fan of any of the kits, but here are a few more for you, all are a bit pricey, especially the kit that includes wheels:
Jaguar XKR XK8 Complete Styling Package body kit for Jaguar XK8 XKR
Amazon.com: SVC Jaguar XK series (1997-2005) Package 1: Automotive
Amazon.com: SVC Jaguar XK Series (1997-2005) Package 3: Automotive

Old 04-06-2011, 10:25 AM
Veteran Member
Received 133 Likes on 107 Posts

I think all the body kits look horrible. I like the stock body just as it is. That's also why I don't like the 2007+ XKRs. They look like they're using cheesy aftermarket body kits.

The following users liked this post:
coach enrique (10-24-2012)
Old 04-06-2011, 10:33 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I've scraped both the front and rear (something, wasn't the bumper) both in the last week. I can't imaging the brain damage I'd suffer if I had a body kit on it.

Old 04-06-2011, 10:38 AM
Veteran member
Received 168 Likes on 126 Posts

I dislike bodykits, too, especially that vulgar Arden stuff. Have you thought of putting the 2004+ OEM bumpers and sideskirts on? I have these on my 2005 and I think they look juuuuuuuuuust right, as Goldilocks would say

The following users liked this post:
DutchJag (11-08-2014)
Old 04-06-2011, 10:47 PM
Veteran Member
Received 576 Likes on 475 Posts

The trick with bodykits is to not make them look like an add on, this is the problem I have with Arden.

The car is a nice car as is, but, the front sits too high and the rear looks like it was designed by a completely different person.

Body styling is a personal choice I just don't like looking like every other XK there is, nothing worse than sitting at a set of lights and a guy pulls up next to you in exactly the same car. Might be a rare thing in the US but can easily happen here in the UK.

Old 04-07-2011, 07:27 AM

Originally Posted by K.Westra
Personally, I'm not much of a fan of any of the kits, but here are a few more for you, all are a bit pricey, especially the kit that includes wheels:
Jaguar XKR XK8 Complete Styling Package body kit for Jaguar XK8 XKR
Amazon.com: SVC Jaguar XK series (1997-2005) Package 1: Automotive
Amazon.com: SVC Jaguar XK Series (1997-2005) Package 3: Automotive
Ah thank you... did not see those in some initial searching.

Originally Posted by Frog
I dislike bodykits, too, especially that vulgar Arden stuff. Have you thought of putting the 2004+ OEM bumpers and sideskirts on? I have these on my 2005 and I think they look juuuuuuuuuust right, as Goldilocks would say
I agree with you, those are quite nice. Looks like the side skirt goes over top the orig sill in the non xkr.. is that true?

Originally Posted by XKRacer
The trick with bodykits is to not make them look like an add on, this is the problem I have with Arden.

The car is a nice car as is, but, the front sits too high and the rear looks like it was designed by a completely different person.

Body styling is a personal choice I just don't like looking like every other XK there is, nothing worse than sitting at a set of lights and a guy pulls up next to you in exactly the same car. Might be a rare thing in the US but can easily happen here in the UK.
Mostly agree with this philosopy, but the assumption is that the bodykit is for visual enhancement only.

I also agree with you on the front and rear. I mean seriously the rear bumper could have been fore thought instead of after.

You're right especially in this part of the country, I'd be surprised to see an XK at all.

Old 04-07-2011, 08:07 AM
Veteran member

The trick with bodykits is to not make them look like an add on.
+1. OEM, good; aftermarket, yuk.

Old 04-08-2011, 04:33 PM
Received 28 Likes on 15 Posts

Zeemax makes an extreme wide-body kit.

Paragon makes a variety of GRP front and rear-end kits.

They will soon be releasing a kit that reflects the key design elements of an Aston-Martin Virage. Very sophisticated, yet aggressive.

I'm hoping to buy their latest components as soon as they are all available. The Aston front end and older Aston side sill style are currently available.

Their kits seem reasonably priced, given that your older Jag will look like no other on the road. Exclusivity has a price.

Old 04-09-2011, 05:54 AM

Originally Posted by edtexas
Zeemax makes an extreme wide-body kit.

Paragon makes a variety of GRP front and rear-end kits.

They will soon be releasing a kit that reflects the key design elements of an Aston-Martin Virage. Very sophisticated, yet aggressive.

I'm hoping to buy their latest components as soon as they are all available. The Aston front end and older Aston side sill style are currently available.

Their kits seem reasonably priced, given that your older Jag will look like no other on the road. Exclusivity has a price.
Ah thank you! I hadn't seen the Zeemax yet. I appreciate the link.

Old 04-09-2011, 09:38 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,259 Likes on 564 Posts

As a general rule, I think body kits detract from a car and make it look cheap and "rice". However, that Zeemax kit actually looks pretty good! It doesn't look like an aftermarket kit to me. If I ever buy a coupe it might be pretty cool to put that kit on it.

Old 04-09-2011, 10:11 AM
Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Reverend Sam
As a general rule, I think body kits detract from a car and make it look cheap and "rice". However, that Zeemax kit actually looks pretty good! It doesn't look like an aftermarket kit to me. If I ever buy a coupe it might be pretty cool to put that kit on it.
I hope you don't do the interior like zeemax did in this picture! This is clearly as you put it... Rice!

Old 04-09-2011, 12:44 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Fyi

Veilside front bumper in not available, ordered twice and waited....waited....waited. I finally called and the second guy said they were not making it any longer.

Old 04-10-2011, 04:16 AM

I'd like a coupe myself.

Originally Posted by zmann96
Veilside front bumper in not available, ordered twice and waited....waited....waited. I finally called and the second guy said they were not making it any longer.
Good note- will scratch from list.

Old 04-10-2011, 05:28 AM
Veteran Member
Received 305 Likes on 217 Posts

Also note, there are two different styles of the Arden kit.

Old 04-10-2011, 07:53 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,259 Likes on 564 Posts

Originally Posted by andrezbim
The car is beautiful as is.
But it could be even prettier.

The paragon kit is a prime example of that - $2600 and that's just front spoiler and side sills.
Probably a hard fiberglass also.

Arden kit - $4300 ??
What else is there??? Veilside?? Not a fan.

updating list:
1- Paragon
2- Arden
xxx Veilside - no longer available
4- Mina
5- SVC
6- Zeemax
7- Oem from later year
$4300 for the Arden kit? Where on earth can you find it that cheap? The only website where I've seen it sells it for $13,491.

Old 04-11-2011, 01:34 AM
Veteran member

that Zeemax kit actually looks pretty good! It doesn't look like an aftermarket kit to me.
You think this doesn't look aftermarket?!

Last edited by Frog; 04-11-2011 at 01:44 AM.
Old 04-11-2011, 02:49 AM
Veteran Member
Received 576 Likes on 475 Posts

I don't like the standard Zeemax kit, it does look very.......... hhmmm can't quite find the words!

The wide body kit does not look too bad at all, one of my customers use to have one and ended up going to court over it because it kept cracking and seperating from the main car, don't think there was anything wrong with the panels more to do with the way they was fitted via Zeemax's workshop.

The thing with bodykits like I stated before, must not look like an add on, of course the other route is to change the exterior so dramtically it neither looks like an XK anymore, something I think the wide body kit does.

No big loss the Veilside kit is no longer available, that was god damn awful! (I was putting that very politely)

Old 04-11-2011, 04:20 AM
Veteran member

I don't like the standard Zeemax kit, it does look very.......... hhmmm can't quite find the words!
A picture paints a thousand words.

I have to admire the owner's b@lls for parking next to an XKR, instantly making his Corsa look even more ridiculous

Thousands more equally classy specimens on display at www.barryboys.co.uk

Old 04-11-2011, 06:44 AM

$4300 for the Arden kit? Where on earth can you find it that cheap? The only website where I've seen it sells it for $13,491.
my ref: [might be knockoff]
Arden Complete Body Kit by Arden

No big loss the Veilside kit is no longer available, that was god damn awful! (I was putting that very politely)

would have to agree

Quick Reply: What body kits available for XK8 ?