XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

wHATS MY XK8 WORTH

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2018, 05:03 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Thumbs up wHATS MY XK8 WORTH

hI GUYS I HAVE BEEN WORKING ON MY 1999 XK8 FOR 4YEARS, I WANT TO START ANOTHER PROJECT. WORK COMPLETED SO FAR,
ALL NEW BRAKES, CALIPERS,ROUTERS .

NEW FUEL PUMP ,FUEL FILTER, FUEL REGULATOR.
COOLING SYSTEM,ALL NEW HOSES,WATER PUMP,CROSS OVER PIPE ,THERMASTATE HOUSING,OVERFLOW RESERVOIR.

FRONT SUSPENSION COMPLETE RE BUILD ,ALL NEW BUSHINGS, UPPER AND LOWER BALL JOINTS, TRACK ROD ENDS,SWAY BAR LINKS,WHEEL BEARINGS

NEW SHOCKS,UPPER AND LOWER SHOCK BUSHINGS.

NEW REAR BUSHINGS ,NEW SHOCKS,

COMPLETE NEW TIMING CHAINS AND TENSIONERS

REAL GAUGES FITTED SUPPLIED BY JAG RANGLER

AND A LOT MORE...

CAR HAS LESS THAN 200 MILES ON IT SINCE REBUILD

1999 XK8 SILVER WITH BLACK INTERIOR WITH 73000 MILES 3RD OWNER

FLORIDA/CALIFORNIA CAR ZERO RUST

WILL BE GETTING MY SON TO HELP UPLOAD PITURES.

JUST FINISHED PAINTING ENGINE BAY AND HAVE JUST COMPLETED COLD AIR INDUCTION SYSTEM LOOKS FANTASTIC.

Old 05-06-2018, 07:40 PM
Received 201 Likes on 103 Posts

Going once, going twice, Priceless!

The following 2 users liked this post by Redline:
macs99 (05-06-2018), MediaBobNY (05-08-2018)
Old 05-06-2018, 08:04 PM

I know that you never recoupe what you put into them i take great satisfaction in working on a lovely car and making it better.

Old 05-06-2018, 10:05 PM
dsd
Veteran Member
Received 326 Likes on 231 Posts

$9000 is probably ballpark. Blue Book is like $5k. Assuming it’s a vert.

Old 05-06-2018, 10:26 PM
Veteran Member
Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts

Not intending to be flippant but it is worth what a buyer is willing to pay. Prices are set by the buyer not the seller.

Old 05-07-2018, 03:09 AM
GGG
Received 16,796 Likes on 12,166 Posts

Originally Posted by macs99
..... WILL BE GETTING MY SON TO HELP UPLOAD PITURES. .....
You might want to ask him to have a look at your CAPS key too.

If you are intending to advertise it FOR SALE on the forum, please put the post in PRIVATE For Sale / Trade or Buy Classifieds forum and NOT here in the XK8/XKR forum.

No advertising in the model forums.

Graham

The following users liked this post:
WGS (05-07-2018)
Old 05-07-2018, 01:43 PM
Default Computer blues.

Thank you for your reply, I have to admit i am terrible on a computer. I have been in the building trade for 50 years i dont need a computer to read a set of plans and build a home or a calculator to add up for me. I leave that side of it to my wife the one with the brains in the family. I probably used the wrong heading in what i wanted to say.I wanted to show other members what you can accomplish on your car . I restore cars for a hobby if i was looking to make a profit i would be broke by now . As for selling the car i had no intention of trying to use this site for that purpose. If i do decide to sell in the future to start my next project there are plenty of sites online. Walter.

GGG (05-08-2018)
Old 05-07-2018, 03:31 PM
Received 201 Likes on 103 Posts

Ditto on what Orthodixie said; it's worth what a buyer is willing to pay for it. "Blue Book" value is only a guideline but not a bad place to begin when trying to determine the true value of a vehicle. Factors that affect price of anything include rarity, condition, demand, location, and degree and quality of any restoration work. A run-of-the-mill project car that is needing substantial restoration is worth a run-of-the-mill Blue Book price, but that's still just a starting point. I've worked for 2 different car dealerships in my time, and I learned from an expert used car manager who had an affinity for taking rare, ugly cars in on trade. He taught me that, "There's an *** for every saddle," and there's no truer words. I made serious money selling some of those premium-priced "unique" automobiles to people from all over the US that were just tickled to get them in good driving condition.

Someone, somewhere, will delight to own your car and gladly pay for every improvement that was done in a professional manner. There are buyers for project cars that want to do everything themselves (not your target prospect), and there are buyers who will pay premiums for good-to-go restored cars. These people will gladly pay for what you've done that they won't have to do (or pay someone else to do). If/when you get ready to sell it, set what you believe is a reasonable price and sell the advantages of what you've done to the car and what that means to the prospective buyer. Everything that you've done is something that they won't have to pay for after the purchase, so you've done them a valuable favor. Advertise on multiple websites to find your MVP fastest (Most Valuable Purchaser...).

Ask a lot of questions of the prospect. Find and focus on the joys of owning and operating your car for the prospect's reasons, not for yours (3 personal reasons are enough, 4 is too many). Don't try and sell just on price or let the sale come down to only price. Some possible prospects will get absolutely abusive trying to beat you down on price, but just remain good natured and let them know that no one can buy the car for less. Once you've convinced them of that, they will either get serious about making their buying decision or expose themselves as the unqualified time-wasters that they are. Invite them to sleep on it and get back with you if they don't find what they're looking for, then get on with your day. And memorize this mantra from a great sign that I saw at a gun show booth one time: "I Don't Care What You Can Buy It For At Walmart."

Last edited by Redline; 05-07-2018 at 03:35 PM.
macs99 (05-07-2018)
Old 05-07-2018, 05:14 PM
Default Advice

Thanks Redline for your advise , I appreciate the input you gave me if i get

ready to sell i will follow your advise. I am allways looking for another project.