XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wheel Alignment

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2021, 12:34 PM
Received 57 Likes on 25 Posts
Default Wheel Alignment

I have just replaced the track rod ends on my car and want to have the alignment checked and set up properly, should this be 2 wheel or 4 wheel alignment?

Old 06-18-2021, 09:30 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,808 Likes on 1,115 Posts

Kev, the Toe is adjustable on rear wheels.

John

The following users liked this post:
Bobbydrums (09-12-2021)
Old 06-21-2021, 08:12 PM
Received 201 Likes on 103 Posts

Kev, if you're anywhere near a PepBoys shop, look into a 1-3- or 5 year alignment deal. They are relatively inexpensive and if you're facing replacing more suspension system components, it will pay for itself with one or two visits. I've (slowly) replaced everything replaceable in the front and rear suspension in my 2005 barn-find and PepBoys doesn't even blink when I bring the car back in for an adjustment. They even have a sale on the alignment deals from time to time.

The following 2 users liked this post by Redline:
Bobbydrums (09-12-2021), cjd777 (06-22-2021)
Old 06-22-2021, 10:30 AM
Received 69 Likes on 50 Posts

Not to hijack this thread but ... I'm scheduled for my first alignment for the car this weekend. I've had no end of trouble with front end alignments on modern cars/trucks with steering racks. Every time I have the stupid things aligned the steering wheel is NOT centered. The steering wheel is centered when the cars goes in for alignment but NEVER when it comes out. None of the cars were ever damaged or crashed. The independent shops will do 1 re-alignment but refuse to do anything after that. They tell me I'll just have to live with the off-center steering wheel. I've stopped using anyone but the dealer for front end/4 wheel alignments. Even the first time the dealer aligns things the steering wheel is NEVER centered. I have to have several 're-alignments' every time to get the steering centered properly. It ends up being a much more expensive alignment that it should be but I can't stand to drive a car with the steering wheel pointing a different direction than the car is pointed.

I don't know what your experience has been but I hope you have better luck than I have.

The following users liked this post:
Bobbydrums (09-12-2021)
Old 06-22-2021, 11:17 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,290 Likes on 2,818 Posts

I utilize just one locally-owned, long-time-in-business alignment shop. They always work with my specifications and get it right the first time. They occasionally send coupons in the mail so I watch for them and save them for when I need them....

Old 09-12-2021, 05:45 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

TropicCat your welcome to come chime in on my thread anytime. I’m very sorry to hear about your experience! Like you, I have so many hopes for perfection with this car, and having something so aggravating in your hand the whole ride is very in-your-face frustrating.
I really appreciate the good wishes. I hope my future listens & yours finds a windfall!
From the beginning the suspension was my big worry with this car.
Something’s not right under there now…. Listen Future Listen!!!
Thanks

Old 11-23-2023, 02:57 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Redline
Kev, if you're anywhere near a PepBoys shop, look into a 1-3- or 5 year alignment deal. They are relatively inexpensive and if you're facing replacing more suspension system components, it will pay for itself with one or two visits. I've (slowly) replaced everything replaceable in the front and rear suspension in my 2005 barn-find and PepBoys doesn't even blink when I bring the car back in for an adjustment. They even have a sale on the alignment deals from time to time.
My usual tyre fitting place wanted £40 to fit two tyres, which I think is all the money for that job wheel alignment dubai. I wouldn't mind if they were great at it but they employ the same people all these places do and I wouldn't trust them to put on a jumper the right way around. Anyway, they don't have a laser alignment machine, which I'm going to need. What did you pay for tyre fitting or 4 wheel alignment recently? Any recommendations or offers going around? The last time I used Jaguar for four wheel alignment it was £135.