XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why do you like your XK ! :-)

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2013, 07:36 AM
Received 76 Likes on 58 Posts

Just my little bit, I cannot make my mind up which one I prefer at this time, the XJS or the XK8. The XJ has 43k miles on the clock and is in A+ condition and I even fitted a new air con pump this year so its tip top. The XK is at this time probably a B with 63k miles on the clock and needs a few things attended to as per previous posts. Both are cars I have wanted for years and for the last 7 years I have enjoyed every second driving the XJ, I just hope the XK is as rewarding. Only one will be on the road this coming year....eany meany....????
I had planned on getting some work done on the XK last month but due to circs beyond my control Ive had to postpone that ( my better half had cosmetically rearranged an Audi TT Quattro front wing in the car park at her place of work ) for the time being. Looking forward to trying the XK out in the spring.

Old 12-04-2013, 10:37 AM
Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Sandrahsfn
After reading the other posts, I thought, I just mentioned to someone recently. My car isn't just transportation (although it's my daily driving machine), it's my passion.

I realized everyone has some hobby or type of interest they 'invest' in - spend their discretionary cash on. All these years I thought, I should have a hobby... LOL

Now I realize. My passion is my Jag. I'm happy driving it, looking at, taking care of it.

How many things in life can make one smile just by being near?! Well, ok, there's plenty of that -- I'm happy to include my car in the list. Up quite high on the list, I might add.

Pretty much since owning it, I've noticed my circle of friends and family don't share this type of enthusiasm, but they get it about me and my car. I think it brings them some smiles, too. Just by sharing the joy of it!

I hope today was one of those days for you that include having some great moments with your beautiful car.

Sandy
I couldn't said it better myself... even though I don't have Jaguar right now. :-) I'm still looking!

Old 12-04-2013, 10:39 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I DONT right now !!! Harmonic Balancer bolt is stuck and I cant inspect my engine noise !!!

Old 12-04-2013, 01:39 PM
Received 141 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by philhef
Oddly though, you'd think my fellow owners would flash lights, wave or at least smile to acknowledge another XK, but more often, nothing!!
That happens to me all the time. I guess not everybody "shares the love" of being a fellow owner. I'm sure all the forum members would give a wave.

Old 12-04-2013, 09:50 PM
Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Learnin...

Originally Posted by Sandrahsfn
Hey keestanis. I enjoyed your post.

You mentioned you get a strange satisfaction of making a pretty car look best she can.

That's what I've told family & friends forever. Something along the lines of she's SO gorgeous I can't stand by and see her anything less than her best! I figure treat your possessions well and if anything has a beauty - show some respect and let it shine!

'Lots of therapy for almost free and all because of the magic beauty.' I liked the sound of that.

'It must be some mystic spell coming from the car' For sure, if you are a fan, these cars cast a spell.

'me and my car are special... ' Totally!

Enjoy every minute of it.

Sandy
OMG I just saw how to add the msg content so I can answer without feeling like I need to write it all over...

Sandy