Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Window worries

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2011, 03:18 PM
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
Question Window worries

Hello Cats,

Sometimes when i close my doors I noticed that I can hear the hiss of air coming from the tops of my windows. If I open and then close the windows, it stops. I've check my windows to see if they need to be adjusted but they are straight and have a tight seal. It only happens when I get in the car and close the door. Has anybody else had this issue?

Old 03-25-2011, 04:07 PM
Veteran Member
Received 305 Likes on 217 Posts

You could try reseting the windows, maybe they aren't going up quite as far as they should. Run them all the way down and hold the switch for a second (if you listen REALLY closely you can hear a click) then run them up all the way and hold the switch again (again there is an extremely faint click). Now open and close the doors and see if this fixes it.

The fact that you can manually get the windows where they need to be makes me hope this simple solution takes care of it for you.

Old 03-25-2011, 05:01 PM
Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

The windows on my convertible don`t always go up all the way because they catch the upper rubber seal wrong. When this occurs, the rubber seal on top towards the front gets caught and bent over by the top of the window. My rubber seals actually are torn right at this area. I`ve thought about adjusting the windows as Rev Sam describes in his post but I`m not sure this will solve my problem. If you have the triangular car alarm warning sticker on the bottom of your windows you can readily see if the window is all the way seated in the upper rubber by the stickers location relative to the lower rubber strip on the door. You may be experiencing the same problem I have. Resetting the windows doesn`t help with this problem. I don`t get any wind noise though and I don`t drive my car in the rain so I don`t know if this allows for a leak as well...

Old 03-26-2011, 11:46 AM
Veteran member
Received 1,144 Likes on 750 Posts

that upper corner of the top seal on mine was pulled apart also...most likely when the PO kept shutting the door with the glass fully raised...as when the door handle switch goes bad...because i also have the little mark on the trim where it suffered from the glass hitting it.

To cure the little corner piece, I just used a touch of the super epoxy to get it secured where it should be, then after it dried (8-10 hours) tried the glass...if it came close to the hitting it, I adjusted the regulator...to make sure the glass 'falls' below the trim piece, then travels just on the inside of it to make the proper seal. If it needs adjustment, say in on that front edge, just unscrew the bottom of the speaker cover, pull out the cover, and there is an adjustment hole for a torx bit...a rotation clockwise will move the bottom of the glass at that corner outward...and the top comes in equally as much. If the door was closed alot with the glass hitting the trim (in my case) it could have led to some permanent track misalignment, and will need to be adjusted to get it back to where it needs to be.

also, if the window needs to go up farther to the 'ultimate' ending point, and doesn't reach it when you open, then close the door, use Reverend Sams video to slide your regulator bolt to bring that final point a bit higher.

The following users liked this post:
bassmania (03-26-2011)