XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

X100 Transmission ZF6HP26 fluid change/reflash Northeast

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2017, 01:35 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default X100 Transmission ZF6HP26 fluid change/reflash Northeast

I hope to move on from this subject and have read many thoughtful and informed threads about it. I bought a 2003 XKR last fall with 78,000 miles on it.
Unlike most carts you buy used (and off craigslist) almost everything worked!
I put on springs and shocks in front, rapped the cd changer with the screwdriver handle and was presented with 6 new cd's (which I liked!) and replaced a front upper control arm. I bought floor mats from the UK.
The only issue that still haunts me (for now) is the chirping transmission with a sometimes less than smooth transition from 2nd to first at quick stops. Like many others on the forum. I had the "whoo" (small owl) occasionally in lower gears when I pushed it a little, but have on two occasions had a larger owl "Whooo" in 5th to 6th when pushing it pretty good from a toll booth and yesterday when a minor downshift to get closer to a pretty Camaro that just passed me.
Your posts have helped me decide to do a flush first and follow with a reflash. My problem is where I live. I talked to the Jaguar dealer in Albany, NY and he was supposed to return my call about the reflash. He said he was worried about the possible inoperable transmission after the process due to existing "preconditions" which I outlined above. I also neglected to mention there have been no codes other than small emission leak (maybe gas cap).
I'm hoping someone knows a trusted place to take my car. I love it and often get the "chills" driving or even looking at it!
I was 17 and on our "senior high trip" to the Bahamas on the Queen Elizabeth in 1968. On one of the 7 decks there was a brand new XKE, yellow with a black convertible top. It was the most beautiful car I had ever seen. I've wanted to own a Jag ever since that moment. I had a girlfriend in the 70's who had an XKE coupe. Never should have let her go. I had an XJ-6 for the past few years and got lucky to find my XKR. It's as close to getting an XKE as I'll ever get. You'll never hear me complaining about this beauty. Thanks!

Attached Thumbnails X100 Transmission ZF6HP26 fluid change/reflash Northeast-2016-10-19-08.38.48.jpg