XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

XK8 Key Fob Issue - Mine Now Work!

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2019, 10:59 AM
Received 46 Likes on 25 Posts
Default XK8 Key Fob Issue - Mine Now Work!

I have posted threads and participated in threads about the problem of programming key fobs....or more accurately, about the ones that refuse to programme. Mine now work perfectly and I wanted to share my findings with Members (also replied to a thread in this issue posted by DevonDavid).

Basically...since I got the XK8 3 years ago, the key fobs did not work. They refused to programme, either by using the well documented indicator stalk method, or via Jaguar SSD software.

So I decided to purchase a used security module from Ebay from a Jag dealer/dismantler (JagSlags). He assured me that it was working perfectly. I fitted the replacement module...which was the same part number (LJE2600BC) as the original.

Before doing anything else...I hooked up my laptop with the Jaguar SSD software...and guess what....it still came up with the same messages as before..."Communications failure with module" and "perform Network Integrity Test". Needless to say, I was disappointed. I tried and re-tried several times...but still the same result. I assumed that either this module was also a dud, or that the fault lay elsewhere.

I was about to give up...when I had the thought to use the basic fob programming method...with the key in the ignition and pulling the indicator stalk 4 times....and would you believe it...I saw the red light flashing next to the gear change in time with me pressing a button on the key fob! I took the key out of the ignition and hey presto!! The doors were locking and unlocking with the fob!!

I quickly retried the programming but with both my fobs (3 button presses on one...and 2 on the other (total 5 presses)...and now they BOTH work perfectly! Doors lock and unlock, the Boot opens..and the Headlights come on with the appropriate buttons!

What a relief! So the answer all along has been a fault with my Security Locking Module....working for everything else but not able to accept key fob programming. I still have no idea why the SSD software won't communicate with it...and I don't really care!

My advice then is...either locate a replacement SLM (rare as hen's teeth for my model!) or...take advantage of the offer on Ebay UK from Berkshire Jaguar to repair your existing one. They said that their repair sorts out the issue with Key Fob Programming when I contacted them. The price there was £318...but just this week they have an offer on whereby it is £248! A veritable Bargain! Find the listing here :-
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/XK8-SECUR...53.m1438.l2649

Best of luck...you have no idea how nice it is to have the key fobs working properly! Onward and Upward Jaguar Lovers!

Kind regards

Andrew

The following 3 users liked this post by andyzeg:
Norri (01-29-2019), rothwell (01-29-2019), volkris (01-30-2019)
Old 01-29-2019, 11:03 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,276 Likes on 2,813 Posts

Well done....

Old 01-29-2019, 11:08 AM
Received 46 Likes on 25 Posts

Thank you....I wish that I had done this sooner. We do try all the alternatives first before "biting the bullet"...but sometimes it can take you down a tedious and frustrating pathway! All the best to you.

Andrew

Old 01-29-2019, 08:02 PM
Received 136 Likes on 76 Posts

what a relief for you! nice job.