XK8 Programing key fob issiues

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2013, 08:02 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default XK8 Programing key fob issiues

Hi,
I`m owning XK8 1999 US model
VINSAJGN2047CX039645
I`ve got remote LJA2610AA 315MHz, FCC ID: K85971315 from Ebay. I hope this is the correct one. Unfortunetlu I can not program this remote.
I`m using this metod:
"
1996-06 XK8/R cars:

1. Insert ignition key into the ignition switch barrel, but do not turn it..
2. Hold the turn signal switch stalk in the "flash to pass" postion and turn the ignition on with the key (while holding the turn signal switch in "flash to pass").
3. Then repeatedly flash the lights with the turn signal stalk until a confirmation chirp is heard (usually five or six flashes).
4. After hearing the chirp, depress the button on the remote transmitter being programmed. If the remote was accepted, there will be another confirmation chirp.
5. Turn off the ignition and test the remote."

I can get into programing mode. I can hear confirmation chirp and the flash of red light next to gear box. Than I`m pressing lock button on the remote. No noice! All buttons togethre, no noice. One by one separetly, no noice... Each time after i gues 30 secounds I can hear noice of exiting programing mode.

I did replace batteries. I cleaned buttons, but here was nothink to clean....
No noice after pressing any button.
What can be a reason? Any ideas what can I do? Is it really the correct remote?

Br, Marcin.

Old 01-28-2013, 10:04 AM
GGG
Received 16,799 Likes on 12,168 Posts

Whether it's the right one depends on two things:

1. Model Year
2. Market specification

UK cars require a 433 MHz transponder (fob / remote); US and some European vehicles require 315 MHz transponders.

I still have an LJA2610BB transponder from a previous 1996 X300 which is a later series than the LJA26100AA you have. Members with the same MY XK8 as you will know better but I think the transponder you have may be too early for your MY.

Graham

Old 01-28-2013, 05:15 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,981 Likes on 2,123 Posts

Hello Fishman. First, I hope you are still enjoying your supercharged XK8. I think you may have the only one in the world!

I believe that you have the correct remote.

First inspect the circut board inside the remote with a magnifier. If there is any black residue on the gold contact areas it must be cleaned off thoroughly with alcohol.

If you still have problems, inspect the Security & Locking Module (SLM) below the boot fusebox. Make sure there is an antenna cable (heavy black cable with a chrome fitting) plugged into it.

If the antenna is in place, it is probable that your SLM is faulty or you have a bad remote. This is not very common, but does happen occasionally.

Old 01-28-2013, 05:24 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,110 Likes on 932 Posts

Just to confirm, I would suggest that you ask your friendly, neighborhood Jaguar dealer to use your VIN to look up the part number to verify the correct remote fob. Another thought is that some versions of the programming procedure require that any button be depressed FIVE (5) times. No personal knowledge of how valid that is but it worked for me.

Old 01-31-2013, 05:50 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Hi,
Thank you all for help!
WhiteXKR, my supercharged xk8 is fine and I do enjoy my life with him.
Unfortunetly there is always someting to do.....

You was righr about antenna to SLM. It looks that some one did some mods on the cables next to the SLM. I removed all additional cables and fixed to the orginal connections. Unfortunetly it didn`t hepl. O opened the unit and rche cable betwen RF unit was disconected. I`m stil not able to use the remote.
I realized that my small windows stopped working so I had to roll back the whole operation anc connect all like it was before. ;-( 3 houers lost!
In my opinion the SLM unit if fault.
I`m not sure if I want to change it all....
New SLM unit. I guess I would have to program it in Jaguar garage.
Again remove additional instalation and hope that everything works.... And than start all again with remote....