XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

XKR Montreal wheel refurbishment

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2017, 11:02 AM
Received 82 Likes on 56 Posts
Default XKR Montreal wheel refurbishment

Gotta give praise where it's due. Just has my Montreals refubed by Jon Kemp at Jaguar Wheel Trims Rims | BBS Alloy Wheels Chrome Wheel Center refurbishment outer rim protectors uk car . He's based in Brighton but covers most of Southern England. He provided a fantastic service, working around my preferences for collection/delivery of the wheels, and supplied a temporary set to keep me on the road in the meantime.

Fast and efficient service with good updates on progress, and the job he's done is beautiful - in fact they are so shiny that the camera is having a hard time focussing.

Complete service going to him direct was over £500 cheaper than the quote I got from my usual Jag Indy. Now I gotta be really careful parking!

Attached Thumbnails XKR Montreal wheel refurbishment-dsc_0315.jpg   XKR Montreal wheel refurbishment-dsc_0319.jpg  
Old 09-18-2017, 01:38 PM
Received 44 Likes on 23 Posts

Looks a great job! As part of their service, do they fix slight curbing issues on the alloys themselves, or just rims only?

Last edited by Redeye; 09-18-2017 at 01:40 PM.
Old 09-18-2017, 04:33 PM
Received 82 Likes on 56 Posts

Hi Redeye,

They do a complete strip, repair and repaint of the whole wheel. I had the outer face of the wheel sprayed in standard silver, and the inner part behind the spokes a darker grey so as not to show up all the road crud so quickly. All the studs look like new. Apparently the stainless rings dont always need replacing as some can be salvaged and repolished.