F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Feels Great To Be a New F-Type Owner

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2015, 04:41 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Feels Great To Be a New F-Type Owner

Hi Everyone! I just picked up a new f-type last week, although it was totally unexpected. The least on my current car doesn't end till next March, but internet startup Beepi decided to buy it from me and sold the car the very next day. I had just test drove the F-Type two weeks ago and I loved it. Now I needed to get another car asap. I found the one I wanted a few cities over, called them, and they ended up offering me the car to be $2k under dealer invoice. I immediately went there and leased it. There's currently great lease deal from jaguar and I couldn't pass it up. Anyhow, this is such an amazing car, and I love the fact that I see very few of them on the road. I got the 2016 F-Type S Convertible in Polaris White, with pretty much all of the options available plus the 19" Black Centrifuge Wheels. Anyhow, hello from San Francisco. Happy to be part of the club!

Old 09-14-2015, 04:55 PM
Veteran Member
Received 580 Likes on 340 Posts

congrats! hope you can make it out to some of the F-Type drives/meetups.

The following users liked this post:
jagftype (09-14-2015)
Old 09-14-2015, 05:06 PM
Veteran Member
Received 333 Likes on 231 Posts

Originally Posted by shift
congrats! hope you can make it out to some of the F-Type drives/meetups...
Exactly...nice choice on the color and wheels by the way!

jagftype (09-14-2015)
Old 09-14-2015, 05:11 PM
Received 121 Likes on 71 Posts

Welcome, and congrats on the F-Type!

jagftype (09-14-2015)
Old 09-14-2015, 05:33 PM
Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

Bold in the compact spot. Bold.

Old 09-14-2015, 05:33 PM
Received 39 Likes on 28 Posts

Welcome! Always stunning in white :-)

jagftype (09-14-2015)
Old 09-14-2015, 06:24 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,584 Likes on 856 Posts

Congratulations and Happy Motoring. One suggestion, if I may: lose the front license plate (and keep it in the trunk; should be plenty of space back there for it). IMO your F-Type will look the better for it.

jagftype (09-14-2015)
Old 09-14-2015, 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by RickyJay52
Congratulations and Happy Motoring. One suggestion, if I may: lose the front license plate (and keep it in the trunk; should be plenty of space back there for it). IMO your F-Type will look the better for it.
Completely agree. The dealer had installed the front license plate holder before I even got the car. I'm afraid they drilled it into the grill. I emailed the dealer today to see if they can fix this or replace the front piece. I also ordered the black legacy CA plates so if I have to have the front plate (I've gotten tickets in the past for not having one), at least the plates will be black to blend in with the grill.

Old 09-14-2015, 06:50 PM
Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

good choice. being a new owner of the ftype I can relate to the feeling! awesome car and I love the attention I'm getting! hehe
any color combo looks gorgeous.
congrats!

jagftype (09-14-2015)
Old 09-14-2015, 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by shift
congrats! hope you can make it out to some of the F-Type drives/meetups.
Thanks Shift. I rarely see any F-Types in SF. Would be great to meet some of you for a drive one of these days.

Old 09-14-2015, 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by jagftype
Completely agree. The dealer had installed the front license plate holder before I even got the car. I'm afraid they drilled it into the grill. I emailed the dealer today to see if they can fix this or replace the front piece. I also ordered the black legacy CA plates so if I have to have the front plate (I've gotten tickets in the past for not having one), at least the plates will be black to blend in with the grill.
I have the black CA legacy plates on mine, and the front plate does blend in nicely. I'm using the Sto 'N Sho front plate bracket, however.

Oddly, the plate draws more questions and praise than the car. Last time I was at Cars & Coffee my stereo guy used my car as a demo, and he said everyone that walked by asked about the plate.

Old 09-14-2015, 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by BierNut
I have the black CA legacy plates on mine, and the front plate does blend in nicely. I'm using the Sto 'N Sho front plate bracket, however.

Oddly, the plate draws more questions and praise than the car. Last time I was at Cars & Coffee my stereo guy used my car as a demo, and he said everyone that walked by asked about the plate.
Thanks BierNut. I agree the legacy plates definitely stand out here in CA, and I kind of like sticking with the black/white color scheme. Plus I got the plates customized to the name of my bar so I don't really mind displaying it.

Old 09-14-2015, 07:25 PM

Thanks BierNut. I agree the legacy plates definitely stand out here in CA, and I kind of like sticking with the black/white color scheme. Plus I got the plates customized to the name of my bar so I don't really mind displaying it.
Hopefully you selected six or fewer characters for the personalized plate.

I selected a seven character personalized plate, but the legacy plates are six characters max, so they defaulted me to a standard plate number.

Old 09-14-2015, 08:00 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,026 Likes on 854 Posts

Congratulations.

My front bumper bar was also drilled into (4 holes), and my dealer agreed to pick up the tab for fixing it. It wasn't terribly expensive. Here's a picture after the repair along with the Sto-N-Sho removable plate bracket.

Old 09-14-2015, 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by Foosh
Congratulations.

My front bumper bar was also drilled into (4 holes), and my dealer agreed to pick up the tab for fixing it. It wasn't terribly expensive. Here's a picture after the repair along with the Sto-N-Sho removable plate bracket.

Thanks Foosh. Looks great. I'll see if I can get my dealer to do the same thing! Thanks for the photo!

Old 09-15-2015, 12:56 AM
Received 178 Likes on 87 Posts

Nice choice and congratulations! We seem to be getting more and more F-Types in the Bay Area but it is still a very exclusive car. Hopefully we can get another drive coordinated soon to see if we can top the 15 F-Types we had earlier this year.

I finally got my legacy plates last week after a very long wait. I agree that they get as much attention if not more than the car. Now the usual comment is “Nice Jag, love the plates”. I also got the Sto N Sho removal plate holder and love it. I don’t always have it on the car but find myself using it more and more because it really doesn’t look bad. My biggest fear is someone stealing the front plate.

Old 09-15-2015, 05:46 AM
Veteran Member

While I'm loath to run any front plate - and never have - this is a great look! Rather, looks better than most. I've definitely seen some plates [states] which look better than others and depending on the car/color*. Necessary evil, yes. EVIL? Now that could make a good plate.

*And before I hear from the peanut gallery here that they could care less about their license plate (front or back) and what it looks like, I'm merely suggesting that the car - our stunning and beloved F-Types - looks a hellva lot better without one.

P.S. To jmfan: your front plate doesn't look square relative to the front bumper. Or is it just the way it looks in the photo? Also, love the "black" jag badge on the front and the "black" center wheel caps. Nice touch.

Last edited by RickyJay52; 09-15-2015 at 05:52 AM.
Old 09-15-2015, 10:55 AM
Received 31 Likes on 10 Posts

Awesome car, congrats!

Old 09-15-2015, 11:20 AM
Received 178 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by RickyJay52
While I'm loath to run any front plate - and never have - this is a great look! Rather, looks better than most. I've definitely seen some plates [states] which look better than others and depending on the car/color*. Necessary evil, yes. EVIL? Now that could make a good plate.

*And before I hear from the peanut gallery here that they could care less about their license plate (front or back) and what it looks like, I'm merely suggesting that the car - our stunning and beloved F-Types - looks a hellva lot better without one.

P.S. To jmfan: your front plate doesn't look square relative to the front bumper. Or is it just the way it looks in the photo? Also, love the "black" jag badge on the front and the "black" center wheel caps. Nice touch.
It is just the way it looks in the photo. I have had a small issue with the Sto N Sho holder though. The holder block mounts with one screw and it will swivel left or right over rough roads causing it to go off center at times. I can’t tighten it any more without stripping the screw. I need to take it off and possibly add some double faced foam tape to the mounting block to keep it from moving. I find myself leaving the front plate off depending where I am driving or parking which is what I love about the Sto N Sho. Seems I am in the minority here with the black badges which were used in 2014. When I took delivery of my car, the dealer had an identical black 2015 coupe with red badges. I really thought about changing them out at the time but never got around to it. I have really grown to like the black badges.

Old 09-15-2015, 11:35 AM
Veteran Member

The "black" badges work especially well considering your F-Type is...well...black!* Couple that with your "black" classic CA license plates and I think they look fantastic.

*Speaking from the minority, I am one of those who doesn't like - rather, it's not for me - the "blacked" out look, starting with the wheels and going from there. Too boy-racer for me BUT I can certainly see how appealing this would be to MANY! Fact is, I have yet to see any F-Type configuration that I would not be delighted to own.

Sorry for the highjacking....

Quick Reply: Feels Great To Be a New F-Type Owner