Sponsored by:

Velocity AP Jaguar F-Type AWD Progressive Rate Sport Lowering Springs

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2016, 12:41 PM
Sponsor
Received 822 Likes on 467 Posts
Default Velocity AP Jaguar F-Type AWD Progressive Rate Sport Lowering Springs

Hi Everyone,

Several of you have already been in contact with us and we have responded directly. We are now able to confirm fitment of our F-Type R AWD lowering springs.

Rear spring fitment is the same as all other variants, V6, V6S, V8S & V8R 2WD. The front spring fitment was very slightly shorter than the 2WD R so had to be amended slightly based on our bench testing of an OEM spring.

A relatively minor revision, but important to test fit and sign it off nonetheless. The installing shop and customer were both very pleased with the results, and we should have some photos of the car in the next couple of days.

We have initiated a production run effective immediately to be included with our current shipment of Jaguar, Aston & Lotus springs. As these arrive by Ocean Freight from Australia they will be arriving here in approximately 6 weeks.

Those wishing to reserve a set please contact Stuart@VelocityAP.com with billing & shipping info. These springs will regularly be priced at $695, however we will be offering the first 10 sets from this production run at $495 as a pre-buy special.

Jaguar F-Type R AWD Progressive Rate Lowering Springs

O: (1)250-485-5126
E: Stuart@VelocityAP.com
www.velocityap.com

Old 01-25-2016, 11:00 PM
Veteran Member
Received 293 Likes on 233 Posts

I am Very interested...

With a lift is it possible this is a DIY mod? Haven't looked into all the possible sensors and electronics that exist due to dynamic mode...

Is Alignment still within specs, assuming a new alignment after install and any settling would be beneficial...?

Old 01-25-2016, 11:23 PM
Sponsor

Originally Posted by TXJagR
I am Very interested...

With a lift is it possible this is a DIY mod? Haven't looked into all the possible sensors and electronics that exist due to dynamic mode...

Is Alignment still within specs, assuming a new alignment after install and any settling would be beneficial...?
I will say yes with the caveat that of course there is a very broad spectrum of skill levels when it comes to DIY.... This is not the simplest spring install out there. On the AWD it's about 2 hours per corner.

Alignment is always recommended to be checked, preferably after 100 miles or so, or just hammering it round a few corners. This is a pretty sensible drop, so the changes are not drastic. However, it really depends on how you drive & where. When you drop the car, you usually pick up camber and toe out. This is good for initial turn in at the front end, and more aggressive camber settings are usually better for cornering grip compared to factory road car settings. Although if you find the car tail-happy already, the extra toe might not be desirable.

If you want to go fast in a straight line, the extra camber will reduce your grip off the line.

I have Aston customers who like the extra camber and toe, and those who align back to factory specs. But at this level of drop (just under 1") you are not likely to see a ton of change to the factory specs.

Just comes down to personal preference really.

If you decide to use a shop for the install, let me know. My friend Lou Gigliotti has his shop LG Motorsports in your area, I'm sure they would be happy to take care of this for you.

A sneak peek of the testbed car:

www.velocityap.com

Old 01-26-2016, 08:50 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,026 Likes on 854 Posts

TXJagR,

LG Motorsports, recommended by Velocity above, is a first-class operation!

I worked with Lou G. on some handling upgrades on my C6 Z06. They are highly-regarded in the Corvette world and have been for many years. Lou G. campaigned a Z06 on the racing circuit for awhile and did well.

The following users liked this post:
TXJagR (01-26-2016)
Old 01-26-2016, 03:11 PM
Sponsor

Originally Posted by Foosh
TXJagR,

LG Motorsports, recommended by Velocity above, is a first-class operation!

I worked with Lou G. on some handling upgrades on my C6 Z06. They are highly-regarded in the Corvette world and have been for many years. Lou G. campaigned a Z06 on the racing circuit for awhile and did well.
He also raced an Aston GT4 last year, we were involved as a sponsor with some of our Aston products. Won at Road America!

www.velocityap.com

The following users liked this post:
Foosh (01-26-2016)
Old 02-10-2016, 08:25 PM
Sponsor

Some pics from our friends at DAlto shop in Miami. The drop came out just about right, car was measured not quite flat so shows 1" front and 3/4" rear but on flat ground it's pretty much bang on 7/8" front and rear. This customer went straight out for a track day and was very happy with the performance.

www.velocityap.com

Old 02-10-2016, 09:21 PM
Veteran Member
Received 640 Likes on 410 Posts

Very excited to receive my set!

Old 02-12-2016, 01:44 PM
Received 62 Likes on 48 Posts

This was your previous work on the first Type R RWD in NA, correct?

I just met the owner over at the BimmerPost forum. He certainly has a tremendous collection of cars!

Attached Thumbnails Velocity AP Jaguar F-Type AWD Progressive Rate Sport Lowering Springs-capture.png  
Old 02-12-2016, 01:55 PM
Sponsor

Originally Posted by Kief
This was your previous work on the first Type R RWD in NA, correct?

I just met the owner over at the BimmerPost forum. He certainly has a tremendous collection of cars!
It sure looks like it - if it is the same car then the owner posted on here - Vic. But I think he sold it? So must be the new owner. It's a great looking car.

www.velocityap.com

Old 02-12-2016, 03:38 PM
Received 62 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by Stuart@VelocityAP
It sure looks like it - if it is the same car then the owner posted on here - Vic. But I think he sold it? So must be the new owner. It's a great looking car.
No that was his pic that he posted.
He got rid of it after 6months to get into an AMG GTS
His list of cars is amazing!

Old 03-18-2016, 01:50 PM
Sponsor

Just a heads up for those who are waiting on springs. The ship was delayed slightly, but departed port in Australia on the 14th. So they should be somewhere between there Vancouver right now.

Sorry for not posting this sooner, we've just been insanely busy.

www.velocityap.com

Old 03-19-2016, 11:44 AM
Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Drop less of a concern than removing the drift car handling that Tata has become so attached to. Is car more neutral now??

Old 03-19-2016, 08:11 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,637 Likes on 3,359 Posts

Originally Posted by ddsski
Drop less of a concern than removing the drift car handling that Tata has become so attached to. Is car more neutral now??
A 1.25/1.5" drop on the V6S has certainly reduced the over steer resulting in an almost perfectly neutral turn-in.

Old 03-19-2016, 09:46 PM
Received 4,436 Likes on 2,421 Posts

Originally Posted by Stuart@VelocityAP
Just a heads up for those who are waiting on springs. The ship was delayed slightly, but departed port in Australia on the 14th. So they should be somewhere between there Vancouver right now.
That makes me feel proud!

Old 03-20-2016, 08:53 AM

Thanks, so its not just me that was unimpressed with the F Type's handling? What is Tata's problem?? Oversteering RR SPort SVR's , twitchy XK's etc. Good to know its finally being addressed.

Old 03-20-2016, 09:52 AM
Veteran Member

Thanks, so its not just me that was unimpressed with the F Type's handling? What is Tata's problem?? Oversteering RR SPort SVR's , twitchy XK's etc. Good to know its finally being addressed.
Have you driven a V6? It's not a Lotus, but it is perfectly weight-balanced and has very good handling qualities. It's a good 200 lbs. lighter than the V8 when not loaded up w/ luxury options. It has good power, but is not over-powered and would be ridiculous to call it a "drift car."

Old 03-21-2016, 03:58 PM

To be honest, I haven't tracked one yet, but the one I test drove rode like a brick compared to my Evora. How does Lotus manage to get comfort and precision out of the same vehicle??? My wife even likes the Evora over the 2012 XK we had. Jaguar needs Lotus!!! Realize I'm a 3 Jag owner and want the brand to be better. An 85K GT car should be a highway dream, not a twitchy, in need of constant correction car. They LOOK great, to be honest, XK was even more timeless looking but....hoping the new gen cars (XE and F Pace) finally modernize suspensions (Magnetic SHOCKS should be mandatory at this price point!!)--> even my Evoque Dynamic them. Its firm but definitely rides better than the XK did and would actually be more predictable on track IMHO. I didn't say faster, because its lacking the straightline HP.

Old 03-21-2016, 05:56 PM
Veteran Member

To be honest, I haven't tracked one yet, but the one I test drove rode like a brick compared to my Evora.
I think your critique is quite a bit overstated, as these Laguna Seca lap times attest. The V8S "brick" was in good company and seemed to handle a little better than your Evora.

http://fastestlaps.com/tracks/laguna-seca-post-1988

Last edited by Foosh; 03-21-2016 at 09:32 PM.
Old 04-10-2016, 12:15 PM
Sponsor

Hi Guys & Gals.

Quick update as there are a number of you who have 'pre-bought' springs for your cars. Ship is due in port in Vancouver on the 16th, so we should have in our hands hopefully around the 20th and ship ASAP.

Thank-you all for your patience and your business, I guarantee you it will be worth the wait.

www.velocityap.com

Old 04-19-2016, 11:40 AM
Sponsor

Ship arrived in Port on the weekend, offloading now. Expected in warehouse at port tomorrow for customs clearance. So hoping to have them in hand by the end of the week.

www.velocityap.com

Quick Reply: Velocity AP Jaguar F-Type AWD Progressive Rate Sport Lowering Springs