XF (X260) 2015 onwards

New ICTP Software

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2016, 05:23 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default New ICTP Software

For those of you dealing with the numerous nonsense issues with the new ICTP system Jaguar released a major update late last week addressing a host of issues. I am having mine updated on Thursday and will report back on whether the update fixes what it is supposed to.

Old 07-19-2016, 03:43 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Thomas Stires
For those of you dealing with the numerous nonsense issues with the new ICTP system Jaguar released a major update late last week addressing a host of issues. I am having mine updated on Thursday and will report back on whether the update fixes what it is supposed to.
Is there a way to tell what version of software version I have. I had an update on June 28.

Old 07-19-2016, 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by yntski
Is there a way to tell what version of software version I have. I had an update on June 28.
Since these updates cover many systems I am not sure there is a place for end users to identify versions without the tools and software the dealers have access to. You likely have the same version I am running as I had mine updated a few weeks back and it was the latest version until the new release last Friday. The dealer told me this update covers many systems and addresses a large list of issues. Here's hoping that Jag got this one right!

Old 07-19-2016, 03:55 PM

I really don't have any issues except that sometimes while I am listening to Sirius radio it will freeze (no audio). All I have to do is switch source to my Nano and go back to the radio and all is good. Doesn't happen that often. I told the dealer this and hence the reason I got the update back at the end of June. That update didn't fix it. And I just got my car back from dealership after having it in there for some time to fix my sun roof. I don't want to give up my car again.

Let us know if there are major changes or is it just a bug fix update?

Thanks.

Last edited by yntski; 07-19-2016 at 04:05 PM.
Old 07-19-2016, 04:02 PM

I really don't have any issues except that sometimes while I am listening to Sirius radio it will freeze (no audio). All I have to do is swith source to my Nano and go back to the radio and all is good. Doesn't happen that often. I told the dealer this and hence the reason I got the update back at the end of June. That update didn't fix it. And I just got my car back from dealership after having it in there for some time to fix my sun roof. So I don't want to give it up again.

Let us know if there are major changes or is it just a bug fix update?

Thanks.
I have the same issue and used to be able to get audio back like you by switching to another audio source. After the last update when the audio cuts out it crashes the system and you cannot select another source, it disconnects the bluetooth phone connection, freezes the left information panel on the virtual dash and sometimes doesn't want to shut down when you power down the car. The new update specifically addresses these issues along with other known system crashes and instability. I'll let you know if things are improved or if other issues arise. I will also look out for other enhancements or additions if any.

The following users liked this post:
yntski (07-19-2016)
Old 07-22-2016, 05:40 AM
Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts

I have the same issue and used to be able to get audio back like you by switching to another audio source. After the last update when the audio cuts out it crashes the system and you cannot select another source, it disconnects the bluetooth phone connection, freezes the left information panel on the virtual dash and sometimes doesn't want to shut down when you power down the car. The new update specifically addresses these issues along with other known system crashes and instability. I'll let you know if things are improved or if other issues arise. I will also look out for other enhancements or additions if any.
I've been dealing with this for months. And, keep being told the update isn't ready. The worst is BT cutting out during a call and the only way to reset any of it is to stop, open door, shut it and then restart car. Not as fun as it sounds! Dealer told me that update was supposed to be ready this week. But still nothing. Did you get the update?

Old 07-22-2016, 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by MellieR
I've been dealing with this for months. And, keep being told the update isn't ready. The worst is BT cutting out during a call and the only way to reset any of it is to stop, open door, shut it and then restart car. Not as fun as it sounds! Dealer told me that update was supposed to be ready this week. But still nothing. Did you get the update?
New software is installed. The install took several hours and per the dealer update multiple computer modules. So far so good . . .radio has not cut out nor crashed the system and the car seems to shut down more reliably. Manually engaging parking sensors now seems to work OK. Will advise further after some longer drives. I did not notice any new features or functions.

Old 07-22-2016, 04:15 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

New software is installed. The install took several hours and per the dealer update multiple computer modules. So far so good . . .radio has not cut out nor crashed the system and the car seems to shut down more reliably. Manually engaging parking sensors now seems to work OK. Will advise further after some longer drives. I did not notice any new features or functions.
I should get delivery of my F-Pace during the coming two weeks. thanks for this info I will be pushing the Jag dealer to make sure this is installed before I take ownership.

Old 07-22-2016, 05:11 PM

Thanks for the update. Glad to hear it's working well for you so far.

Old 07-23-2016, 04:59 PM
Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by MellieR
Isn't it difficult to stop, open the door and restart while on the phone in the middle of US 19!! LOL. Just had to say that. The blue hairs make driving impossible!

Old 07-23-2016, 11:00 PM

Originally Posted by Magnumforc
Isn't it difficult to stop, open the door and restart while on the phone in the middle of US 19!! LOL. Just had to say that. The blue hairs make driving impossible!
Ha! It's summer now so half of the population has gone up North. 19 isn't as bad these days since it's mostly limited access highway. But it makes the decision to either live without BT or pull over more difficult. Usually I go without BT. It makes people nervous when you open the door at a stop light down here.

Old 07-23-2016, 11:27 PM

Wonder if there are any updates for the ICT standard system. Have had no issues so far. I liked the way Dodge did the updates, you logged on with your VIN and it let you download them to a flash drive and then plug it into the USB. Saved trips to the dealer.

Old 07-27-2016, 08:45 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My vehicle was at the dealer for 3 days back on the 12th. They updated the software on my ICTP at that point. This time it is going back for the rear suspension and a long list of infotainment problems from USB to CD and much more.

Old 07-27-2016, 10:20 PM

Makes me sort of glad I only got the plain old ICT. I wanted the new one but decided that I did not want to wait three months more.

Old 07-27-2016, 11:25 PM

Originally Posted by MKenM
My vehicle was at the dealer for 3 days back on the 12th. They updated the software on my ICTP at that point. This time it is going back for the rear suspension and a long list of infotainment problems from USB to CD and much more.

Makes me rethink asking for the update on Monday. I only have the one issue of XM freezing up on me and the work around of changing source and then back still works for me.

Old 07-27-2016, 11:33 PM

I hate to sound jaded, but why does Jaguar have so many issues in fixing a problem? And why does it take so long to get it done?

Not to bang on about a Dodge, especially with FCA terrible reputation, but taking any vehicle in early AM always got the car back to me by 5 PM. Yes, it was not as sophisticated as the Jag, but reflashes of the ECM took minutes and not days. FCA was able to provide upgrades to the audio/nav system by letting you log in with the VIN and download the update to a USB pen drive and simply plug it in and follow the instructions.

For an almost 80K car, you would think the dealer experience would be better.

Old 07-28-2016, 06:28 AM

Makes me rethink asking for the update on Monday. I only have the one issue of XM freezing up on me and the work around of changing source and then back still works for me.
Yntski --

The update prior to the latest one created more problems than it fixed for me. The latest update seems to have remedied most of those problems as well as the satellite radio issue you have. I have been running the latest update for more than a week without any crash issues but all of my trips have been an hour or less so far so we will see. (The Jag is my daily driver/winter car but given nice weather I try and take the 12C whenever I can)

yntski (07-28-2016)
Old 07-28-2016, 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by Magnumforc
I hate to sound jaded, but why does Jaguar have so many issues in fixing a problem? And why does it take so long to get it done?

For an almost 80K car, you would think the dealer experience would be better.
You have to remember that the dealers have only had this car (both 2016 and 2017) versions for a short time. They are dealing with issues on a new generation and some times it takes time to figure the fix out. So I am giving them the benefit of the doubt for now.

I do agree that downloading an software update by USB by the consumer would be a lot more convenient but a lot of consumers are not that tech savy and it might create more problems than it helps.

Old 07-28-2016, 04:52 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Mine is in for a flat tire and software update. However they are having problems and after 6 tries they have called Jaguar in to resolve it. They mentioned something abut the navigation update causing problems.

yntski (07-28-2016)
Old 07-29-2016, 07:57 PM
Default Update

Don't bother with the latest update as it does not correct the radio lockup issue which can only be resolved by restarting the car. I have owned nearly every foreign car brand but avoided Jaguar because on nightmare stories I heard about their electronics. I really liked the style of the new XF and was impressed with the description of the In Control Touch Pro System. I am now regretful I tried Jaguar and the XF will certainly be my first and last. For those considering the ICT Pro system - DON'T. It is a system in its infancy with many issues which may take months or years to resolve. Note to Jaguar - you release of systems with such obvious defects of which you are well aware will do nothing to help restore your horrible prior reputation regardless of your five year warranty.