Wheels / Tires, Suspension & handling Wheels and Tires. Discuss sizes, fitments, offsets, profiles etc etc Discuss roll bars, springs, shocks etc for your Jaguar
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MOOG VS Raybestos VS trw for suspension

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2012, 06:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MOOG VS Raybestos VS trw for suspension

All are suppose to be top of the line but cheaper then stock.
Which company would you give you business too?

I heard great things about moog, but as the dates of threads online got newer the results start to get a little dirt thrown on em.
who would you choose? Im leaning towards Raybestos but afraid to pull the trigger because my parts will be made in china/tijuan

Old 11-12-2012, 06:57 PM
Veteran Member
Received 10,757 Likes on 7,101 Posts

IMHO it's totally hit-n-miss these days what with ever-changing corporate parentage, label engineering, global production, etc. You can only hope that established names brands keep their quality standards high through all the changes.

I've had good luck with all three brands you've mentioned over the years. If forced to pick one I'd go with Moog but that's just me.

As an aside I'll add that being made in China does not *necessarily* guarantee low quality in my experience but it does make a person wonder.

Others will chime in with more info, I'm sure.

Cheers
DD

Old 11-12-2012, 10:12 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,167 Likes on 1,611 Posts

Made in China implies nothing at all in terms of quality. The quality is entirely dependent upon the quality level specified by the branding company. They call the shots. Some want OEM quality, some want the cheapest knockfoff they can flog.

Many "Made in USA" products at the consumer level seem to have a "Produced in China" labelled product inside. What exactly "Made in USA" means is subject to a great deal of interpretation. Sometimes it is just the box, instructions or UPC label. Maybe even just the wholesale invoice.

The reason of course is that no one actually wants to pay for anything ... so in the name of globalisation, the multi-national goes offshore to get it made. In turn, people have even less money because they just got "smart sized" and are willing to pay even less than the last time around. Lather, rinse, and repeat. Now China is worried about good made in even cheaper offshore locations.

In the race to the bottom, no one wins except the multi-nationals banking all of their profits in offshore, no tax jurisdictions.

The following users liked this post:
Doug (11-13-2012)
Old 11-13-2012, 04:37 PM

all very good and thoughtful opinions
moog offers life time warranty on parts raybestos offer life time warrant on parts and labor

Old 11-13-2012, 04:45 PM

any othersuggestions?

Old 12-03-2014, 01:13 PM
Veteran Member
Received 177 Likes on 151 Posts

Out of curiosity, why would you be trying to fit keyboard synthesisers favoured by '70s Prog Rock groups in place of conventional suspension components???

Moog...