Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2016, 07:19 AM
Received 60 Likes on 50 Posts
Default Brits on the Beach Car Show

Brits on the Beach 2016
19Th Annual British Car Day
in Historic Ocean Grove, NJ
Saturday, Sept 17th, 2016

This is a really great show, it will be my 4th year going. I enter my car just so I get a good parking space. Plenty of Jags are in attendence with at least 6 E Types, XJS, XKs of all types. Last year there was a replica XJ22 and not a fiberglass kit car either. Built out of alum to original spec's, V12 and all. The year before had a D type.

Ocean Grove is just south of Asbury Park. They close down Main Street just a block off the beach. There are over 150 cars in attendence from Austin Healey, Jaguar, MG, Triump, Morgan, Astin Martin, Rolls Royce, Bentley, TVR,Mclaren of all ages.

For Jay, Unhinged and the F type guys there is a restaurant smack dead in the middle of the show that makes killer lobster rolls, they call them lobster BLT's. You can sit at one of the outdoor tables and watch the goings on while having lunch.

For details go to www.PEDC.org

Old 08-05-2016, 12:52 PM
Received 163 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by Clamdigger
Brits on the Beach 2016
19Th Annual British Car Day
in Historic Ocean Grove, NJ
Saturday, Sept 17th, 2016

This is a really great show, it will be my 4th year going. I enter my car just so I get a good parking space. Plenty of Jags are in attendence with at least 6 E Types, XJS, XKs of all types. Last year there was a replica XJ22 and not a fiberglass kit car either. Built out of alum to original spec's, V12 and all. The year before had a D type.

Ocean Grove is just south of Asbury Park. They close down Main Street just a block off the beach. There are over 150 cars in attendence from Austin Healey, Jaguar, MG, Triump, Morgan, Astin Martin, Rolls Royce, Bentley, TVR,Mclaren of all ages.

For Jay, Unhinged and the F type guys there is a restaurant smack dead in the middle of the show that makes killer lobster rolls, they call them lobster BLT's. You can sit at one of the outdoor tables and watch the goings on while having lunch.

For details go to www.PEDC.org
Won't be there with my Jag...bringing the Lotus instead. (But I'd bring my Jag if there weren't already so many of them that they all blend in...)

Old 08-06-2016, 05:24 AM

Bryan,
Glad to hear you are coming, I am looking foward to seeing your Lotus.

Old 09-19-2016, 06:18 AM

Bryan,
I loved your Lotus and I am glad you won best in class. I tried talking to you a few times
but you always had a crowd around you. Your car drew more attention then the D-Type parked next to you. Maybe next time.

Old 09-19-2016, 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by Clamdigger
Bryan,
I loved your Lotus and I am glad you won best in class. I tried talking to you a few times
but you always had a crowd around you. Your car drew more attention then the D-Type parked next to you. Maybe next time.
That Europa does draw a crowd, that's for sure. I think I spent as much time talking to the D-Type owner as he did looking at my car. Offered to trade pinks, but...didn't take me up.

Maybe next time? Had a great day (I LOVE that F-PACE....and the price is absolutely reasonable), but the Bentleys were a bit out of my price range...

Old 09-20-2016, 06:09 AM

Besides the D-Type you were surrounded by Aston Martins and a McLaren, that's some pretty good company in my book.
Did you try the lobster BLTs, they were really good.

The following users liked this post:
bdboyle (09-20-2016)
Old 09-20-2016, 01:09 PM

not bad company, certainly, for a 1200-lb plastic car built by the East Anglian turnip farmers.... Surprised that it took best in class; it was some high-brow company, for sure.

Didn't even get a chance to eat; too many people lined up to talk about it, so, munched on a stale donut I had picked up on the way, and some fizzy water.

Old 09-21-2016, 06:24 AM

Maybe we will get a chance to talk next time, take care for now.