US Northwest Washington/Oregon/Idaho & SW Canadians

2015 Fall Leavenworth Tour!

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2015, 03:08 PM
Received 493 Likes on 372 Posts
Default 2015 Fall Leavenworth Tour!

Alright, its on to Leavenworth! This will be our Fourth Annual Leavenworth Drive. Contrary to its title, there is no rule that says the destination actually has to be Leavenworth, and the autumn leaves will be a pretty sight no matter which route is chosen. Lets start with a date and go from there:

DATES

Sept 19 - possibly too early for the leaves to be changing
Sept 26 - I probably can't make it
Oct 3 - Rahtok can't make it
Oct 10 - Possible risk of weather cancellation

Even if the Sept 26th date is the best for everyone, I will still help organize the drive, and there's an off chance I can at least see everyone off.

WINDOW DECAL

I do need to get the commemorative decals to the printer by the end of the week if we hope to get them back in time, so PM me any patterns, fonts, background images or other ideas, all you graphic designers out there. Otherwise you're stuck with more of my amateur photoshop! There is another thread in the northwest section with past efforts for examples.

GROUPS

This is a sight-seeing/country tour. We can divide into two groups if more than 6-8 cars show up. Traffic will often keep everyone together, anyway, but if the roads open up, the sporting class can jump up ahead while the lookie-loos hang behind. We would set pre-determined check points for stops and bathroom breaks where we regroup, and the schedule can be designed around this paradigm.

MARQUE

I would like to experiment with allowing other British makes to join our cruises. I've seen that the Aston Martins are starting to cruise with the Northwest CDE, and while I support the NCDE wholeheartedly, I think we'd enjoy an Aston or two. Marko has always joined us with his Porches, back when he was backslidden, and it wouldn't have been the same without him. As long as we don't get overrun with MINIs... Let me know your thoughts.

Let the posting begin!!!

Muddy

Last edited by Muddydog; 08-18-2015 at 03:56 PM. Reason: got the dates wrong
The following users liked this post:
XJDanny (08-18-2015)
Old 08-18-2015, 03:29 PM
Received 109 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by Muddydog
Alright, its on to Leavenworth! This will be our Fourth Annual Leavenworth Drive. Contrary to its title, there is no rule that says the destination actually has to be Leavenworth, and the autumn leaves will be a pretty sight no matter which route is chosen. Lets start with a date and go from there:

DATES

Sept 22 - possibly too early for the leaves to be changing
Sept 29 - I probably can't make it
Oct 3 - Rahtok can't make it
Oct 10 - Possible risk of weather cancellation

Even if the Sept 29th date is the best for everyone, I will still help organize the drive, and there's an off chance I can at least see everyone off.

WINDOW DECAL

I do need to get the commemorative decals to the printer by the end of the week if we hope to get them back in time, so PM me any patterns, fonts, background images or other ideas, all you graphic designers out there. Otherwise you're stuck with more of my amateur photoshop! There is another thread in the northwest section with past efforts for examples.

GROUPS

This is a sight-seeing/country tour. We can divide into two groups if more than 6-8 cars show up. Traffic will often keep everyone together, anyway, but if the roads open up, the sporting class can jump up ahead while the lookie-loos hang behind. We would set pre-determined check points for stops and bathroom breaks where we regroup, and the schedule can be designed around this paradigm.

MARQUE

I would like to experiment with allowing other British makes to join our cruises. I've seen that the Aston Martins are starting to cruise with the Northwest CDE, and while I support the NCDE wholeheartedly, I think we'd enjoy an Aston or two. Marko has always joined us with his Porches, back when he was backslidden, and it wouldn't have been the same without him. As long as we don't get overrun with MINIs... Let me know your thoughts.

Let the posting begin!!!

Muddy
We must be using different calendars. We agree about October but on my Gregorian September calendar both the 22nd and 29th are Tuesdays. The late September Saturday would be the 26th, which I thought was the plan. If it needs to be in early October I'll have some conflicts but this will probably take precedence. I'm positively out on Oct. 17th, however. I'm ok with other British cars but don't want to see Mustangs and Volvos.

XJDanny (08-19-2015)
Old 08-18-2015, 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by Swimref
We must be using different calendars. We agree about October but on my Gregorian September calendar both the 22nd and 29th are Tuesdays.
Corrected. I don't know what I was looking at.

Old 08-19-2015, 08:10 AM
Veteran Member
Received 264 Likes on 145 Posts

September 19th or 26th work for me.

Agreed regarding limiting it to British cars only (and one Porsche) :-)

Want me to invite the Seattle Jag club members once we set a date?

Thank you, Muddy, for putting this together!

Old 08-19-2015, 05:40 PM
Veteran Member
Received 874 Likes on 633 Posts

Event #1 was 1st Saturday of October
#2 and 3 were the last Saturday of September.
As much as it stabs at my heart to exclude Muddy, I would prefer we stick to a known and repeatable schedule. Sadly, we will always be faced with missing a favored comrade regardless the date chosen.

September 25-27th Is Autumn Leaf Festival.
October 3 is the beginning of Oktoberfest.

2 cents...
V

Last edited by CleverName; 08-19-2015 at 06:02 PM. Reason: typo
Old 08-19-2015, 08:10 PM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Wondered if this is a one-day loop drive, or a multi-day tour.

Scott
British on the inside

Old 08-19-2015, 09:23 PM
Veteran Member
Received 874 Likes on 633 Posts

Originally Posted by Italia 227
Wondered if this is a one-day loop drive, or a multi-day tour
This is a one day loop.

See 2012

V

Old 08-20-2015, 12:13 AM

Originally Posted by CleverName
As much as it stabs at my heart to exclude Muddy, I would prefer we stick to a known and repeatable schedule. Sadly, we will always be faced with missing a favored comrade regardless the date chosen.
V

Old 08-20-2015, 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by XJDanny
September 19th or 26th work for me.

Agreed regarding limiting it to British cars only (and one Porsche) :-)

Want me to invite the Seattle Jag club members once we set a date?

Thank you, Muddy, for putting this together!
Danny, I think the more, the merrier! Go ahead and invite them. Especially if we have any classics, we will need someone to volunteer to lead the sightseeing group, with the express purpose of keeping it slow and comfortable. They will need to know the route and the stops

If September 26th is the direction everyone is leaning, let's go ahead and call it so we can get the planning underway. I'll post it up on the meetup site as well. (It stings, but I will power through…)

Old 08-22-2015, 08:45 AM
Veteran Member

Okay, I'll invite them once a date is selected. And if I am on the drive and if needed, I can lead the sightseeing group if there are any.

Even though I'm not certain I can go on September 19th yet, I vote for this date if Muddy can't go on the 26th. Plus, there's less of a chance for bad weather earlier in September than later. I suggest we choose the 19th.

Old 08-22-2015, 11:00 AM
Received 97 Likes on 71 Posts

We'd love to join in but can't make 19th, every other Saturday works for us.

Old 08-23-2015, 10:25 AM

No, let's go with the 26th. I'll do my best. My Brother-in-law is getting married that next Monday at Crescent Lake, and I'm thinking I'll be pulled to run errands for the family, but I may also need a break from preparations and just disappear for the day! I just don't want to make any promises.

Besides, there's always one family member (usually the groom) who's more in the way than anything and they'll need someone to distract him...

Old 08-23-2015, 11:11 AM
Default 2015 Fall Leavenworth Tour!

And just to clarify, by brother-in-law I mean my wife's brother, not my sister's husband! :P

Old 08-24-2015, 08:23 AM
Default The Meetup has been officially posted!!!

Fourth Annual Leavenworth Rally (link)
Saturday, September 26, 2015
9:00 AM

Safeway
19651 State Route 2, Monroe, WA

Meeting Place is Subject to Change!!!

Our final drive of the season is upon us! This autumn tour has turned into our flagship event, so don't miss out! We will depart Monroe for a scenic and casual wend up the mountains and lunch in Leavenworth. We will try and explore some of the backroads as well. Historically we have come back via i-90, but we may mix it up this year and meet in Issaquah. The drive back down Highway 2 into Monroe is very different from the drive up, and it would be a shame to miss it every time! We can talk specifics as the month progresses (post up your comments below to make your own suggestions!) and I will update the description as we make more concrete plans.

This season--just to keep it interesting!--we are inviting other British makes to cruise along with us, besides just Jaguars. So if you have a British car, and you want some quality company, come join us on our Fourth Annual Leavenworth Rally.

The drive will be divided into a sporting class and a sightseeing class, depending on your driving preference. If you have them, bring FRS radios to communicate. If you don't have FRS radios, don't worry! People will likely have loaners. This is a great introductory drive for those who have never driven with us before. We will all meet up at designated spots along the way for breaks and photo-ops. We will have a driver's meeting before we depart so everyone knows the plan and how we can all work together to stay safe along the way.

Attached Thumbnails 2015 Fall Leavenworth Tour!-draft-scenic-flag.jpg  
The following 4 users liked this post by Muddydog:
BillEarl (09-09-2017), CleverName (08-24-2015), Swimref (08-25-2015), XJDanny (08-24-2015)
Old 08-24-2015, 08:34 AM

Excellent artwork, Jay! It's so good it should be done in metal for display as a grille badge. Your announcement is very well written as well - it really makes me excited about the drive.

Kevin

Muddydog (08-24-2015)
Old 08-24-2015, 09:04 AM
Veteran Member

This'll be great. I love the artwork too. Good job, Jay! Thank you for planning it. I hope you can make it.

I'll invite the Seattle Jag Club to join us.

Danny

The following 2 users liked this post by XJDanny:
CleverName (08-24-2015), Muddydog (08-24-2015)
Old 09-03-2015, 11:28 AM

I have just learned that we will be joined on our tour by two cars from Jaguar of Seattle (in Lynnwood). At least one will be an F-Type, the other probably an AWD sedan. Gabe Stearns (an excellent service writer) and his wife will be in one car, somebody from sales in the other. Gabe will have just returned from the western Jaguar dealer meeting in California where he will see, drive, and even get to track several of the new models being unveiled this fall. These include the all-new XF, XE, several new high performance F-Type variants, the newly updated XJ, and probably an advance model of the F-Pace crossover. Gabe has promised to bring us literature and his impressions of all the new models in this very exciting time for Jaguar. If any of us have service questions Gabe is very knowledgeable and helpful.

Kevin

The following 2 users liked this post by Swimref:
CleverName (09-04-2015), Muddydog (09-03-2015)
Old 09-11-2015, 01:42 AM

Bump!

Old 09-11-2015, 08:51 AM
Veteran Member

Jay, thanks for the PM. Count me in!

The Jag club sent an email to its members inviting them to join us. They included a link to the post and my email address if anyone has questions. I haven't heard from anyone yet but I'm guessing at least a few members will join us.

Old 09-11-2015, 10:33 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I plan to go. I've missed Leavenworth the past few years and would like to see it again. This will be our 1st rally and don't know procedures and what not. Show up at starting point on time would probable be a good place to begin.:>). Not sure if I'll be bringing my XK8 (my choice) or my Vandenplas (wife's preference -getting in and out).
Thanx for putting it together. Bert...Greg is what I really go by.

Quick Reply: 2015 Fall Leavenworth Tour!