X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

found OBD cable & IDS/SSD on ebay, any opinions?

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2014, 05:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question found OBD cable & IDS/SSD on ebay, any opinions?

hey peeps, this is kind of a follow on from another thread i started about fitting an info centre dash.
here https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...1/#post1106417

i have found a kit supplied by a company calling themselves BRITISHDIAG

here is the link to their product. Jaguar Land Rover Diagnostics Coding Programming Kit Dealer Software IDS SDD JLR | eBay

there are a few vids of the IDS and SSD on there, and it seems good to me, but am i going to be able to code my new instrument cluster with the IDS side of it, as my jag is pre 2005?

cheers for your help guys
L+R

Old 11-25-2014, 07:41 PM
Received 149 Likes on 138 Posts

One of the gents on the UK site just did the info center refit using one of these, and he might be persuaded to part with it (if somebody else hasn't snagged it already)

Old 11-26-2014, 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by wa3ra
One of the gents on the UK site just did the info center refit using one of these, and he might be persuaded to part with it (if somebody else hasn't snagged it already)
hey we3ra, thanks for your reply, you wouldn't be able to post a link to his thread would you?

my IC and switch arrived today, i am just waiting for my IDS+SDD+OBD lead to arrive. i am a little apprehensive about the task afoot, but in the same breath, i always jump in with booth feet and get stuck in! i just don't want to do any damage to my car.
does anybody know the procedure for programming/swapping out the IC?
i have read different things ranging from 'bang the new clocks in then code them' to 'you must download the data from the old clocks first, then install new ones, then transfer data to the replacement'.
any input would be greatly appreciated
cheers guys

Old 11-28-2014, 03:55 PM

i now have JLR SDD and a mongoose, it connects and reads the modules fine so i know its working.
my next question is what is the procedure for coding the new dash in SDD? what section do i need to go in to do it?
thanks again for your help guys

Old 11-28-2014, 04:58 PM
Received 2,187 Likes on 1,356 Posts

Yes you do need to hook up sdd first before you replace the pack or any coded modules. Sdd has to retrieve mileage, vin, car configuation etc and make sure its hooked to a battery charger. If it drops below 12.5v while programming you can make it a brick

Old 11-29-2014, 11:16 AM

i have fitted my new light switch, and dismantled the dash ready to remove the IP.
i can't find where in the SDD where to download the info from the current IP??
or do i just fit the second hand IP then the SDD will recognise it and give me an option to program it???
struggling here lol, i keep searching the forum for threads on this matter but i can't find any

Old 12-01-2014, 08:26 AM
Received 2,187 Likes on 1,356 Posts

It is part of sdd reading when you hook up sdd and auto vin read. Then you have to go into the section for programming "new" i.p. In sessions.

Old 12-06-2014, 01:14 PM
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts
Default changing instrument panel

changing the instrument console is easy so long as you don't want to muck about with the mileage readings.

remove the old unit and install the new one ( you will get a security message and car will not start)

using the mongoose and sdd software get to the diagnostic screen and locate a fault on the instrument panel, then at the bottom select continue and then at the top select extras you will get an option to install a new instrument console

WARNING you will need two key fobs

select the automatic setup and swap the key fobs when prompted.

it should take around 30 mins to do the job.

the speedo mileage will be a mixture of the new speedo and the mileage stored in the engine ecu.

I've done this four times now and not had any problems.

a read of all the car ecu's will report the new console as having the vin number of the car it came from.

The following users liked this post:
brick (01-05-2015)
Old 01-05-2015, 01:14 PM

thankyou, thats fantastic, just what i needed to know! i have been putting off the job because i didn't want to go through the hassle of taking the wife to work if i messed it up!
i had also seen posts about vehicle battery depletion during module programming, causing corrupt modules..
did you use any type of battery charger or power supply while doing this procedure?
gonna sort this out at the weekend, i will try and take pics and do an FaQ.