XE ( X760 ) 2015 -

Cashless Motoring for the XE

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2017, 10:27 AM
Veteran Member
Received 357 Likes on 174 Posts
Talking Cashless Motoring for the XE

Anyone try this yet, says available now?

https://9to5mac.com/2017/02/15/apple...hell/?pushup=1

Old 02-15-2017, 02:28 PM
Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

Cashless, eh? Been buying gas cashless for years now, using a credit card...

Not sure what the point of this is considering you still have to get out of the car to pump the gas. Does it really save that much effort?

Old 02-15-2017, 10:39 PM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by alphakinase
Cashless, eh? Been buying gas cashless for years now, using a credit card...

Not sure what the point of this is considering you still have to get out of the car to pump the gas. Does it really save that much effort?
Here in NJ you don't have to get out of the car. But I'm wondering how this will pan out over here considering I haven't seen a pump yet that takes ApplePay? I was excited by this feature because at first I thought it was just pump and go (), but if there's more steps involved, I can't imagine why I'd use it over just taking my credit card out... I'd actually use this if all I'd have to say is "fill up, super" and that's it.

Old 02-16-2017, 01:52 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hope they would just bring apple carplay.....

Old 02-16-2017, 06:33 AM
Veteran Member
Received 357 Likes on 174 Posts

I read more on this and it looks like PayPal and or Apple Pay can be synced to your Jaguar. But at launch this is only available in the U.K. And then ROW - Rest Of The World.

for me this would be great since I'm in NJ do I would just pull up to he pump and tell the attendant to fill it with super and then push the payment choice on my ICTP and go.

this helps a lot to avoid the card skimmers and other scams related to using your physical card payment.

I tried to DL the app but it won't work since I'm in the US and this only works in the U.K. At this moment.

about Apple CarPlay, I would love to know more on this as I can't see this working without a HW change? A SW update would be nice but not sure it would work like this?

Old 02-16-2017, 07:00 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,197 Likes on 931 Posts

I don't want to give PayPal one cent more than I need to. They are the most anti-vendor company out there.

Old 02-16-2017, 10:45 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

feels like a useless gadget to me :/

Old 02-16-2017, 12:38 PM
Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts

When I fill up in NJ, where are no self-service gas stations, I am always a bit nervous about handing my credit card to the attendant, and waiting until the tank is full to get it back.

In that situation (and only that situation, really), this new option would be helpful.

Old 02-16-2017, 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by booklaw1
When I fill up in NJ, where are no self-service gas stations, I am always a bit nervous about handing my credit card to the attendant, and waiting until the tank is full to get it back.

In that situation (and only that situation, really), this new option would be helpful.
good point, but I always ask for the CC back right after swiping or get out and get it myself. most station I use hand it right back to me though. this would be useful for safety cc purposes after all.

Old 02-16-2017, 02:57 PM
Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

I think I'm more blown away by the idea that people don't pump their own gas in certain states than the idea of paying with my Jag... I had no idea this was a thing. Ignorant Texan, I guess?

Old 02-16-2017, 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by alphakinase
I think I'm more blown away by the idea that people don't pump their own gas in certain states than the idea of paying with my Jag... I had no idea this was a thing. Ignorant Texan, I guess?
yes for some reason it is not legal to pump your own gas in NJ, even though its perfectly fine all around.... I guess safety reasons but not sure how its less safe here then anywhere else.