XE ( X760 ) 2015 -

stop and start disable

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2015, 03:26 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stop and start disable

I just bought the new XE automatic diesel 2.0l.

engine, driving, confort,radio very well
6l / 100 kms !

but

I hate stop and start. I am ready to resell this car if I can't disconnect.

I'll try " remove the negitive battery cable" as indicated in a previous email

hope it could be possible.

plus :

the navigation system is a real nightmare

and smoke / steam escaping when you fill the tank ....

3/4 rear view on the right, blind

and I don't have your British phlegm

every start 1 find the intelligent key
2 press brake pedal strongly
3 push the stop and start button
4 wait the round selector goes out
5 select R or D then go ! ouffff

so excited to get this new jag and so disappointed !

Old 09-14-2015, 06:12 AM
Received 4,442 Likes on 2,423 Posts

Welcome to the forum Daniel.

When you get a moment stop by our New Member Area - Intro a MUST - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum and introduce yourself.

Absolutely the stop/start function can be disabled, although a dealer will probably not be able to help you with that.

I have not looked closely at the XE yet, but depending on the setup there will be two ways to do it.

1. If there is a secondary, smaller battery fitted, it must be disconnected (remove negative cable)

2. If there is not a secondary battery, the stop/start can still be disabled, but it will require some programming of the vehicle with a modified SDD diagnostic system. The dealers equipment won't be able to do this, but some of us have the capability.

If you need more info just ask!

Can't help you specifically with your other topics, but the "smoke/steam" from the fuel tank certainly sounds interesting, what exactly do you mean?

Old 09-14-2015, 07:14 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,026 Likes on 854 Posts

Start/stop systems are a necessary fact of life given the corporate fuel economy regulations imposed in both the EU and US. They been in BMW, Mercedes, Volvos, etc., for years and Jaguar was among the last employ them. They had no choice.

As far as I'm concerned they are no big deal, and in the F-Type, they can easily be defeated with either an on/off button, by selecting dynamic or sport driving modes, or by using the paddle shifters.

I would be willing to bet a substantial sum that the XE system is identical to the F-Type.

Old 09-14-2015, 07:33 AM
Received 56 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Foosh
Start/stop systems are a necessary fact of life given the corporate fuel economy regulations imposed in both the EU and US. They been in BMW, Mercedes, Volvos, etc., for years and Jaguar was among the last employ them. They had no choice.

As far as I'm concerned they are no big deal, and in the F-Type, they can easily be defeated with either an on/off button, by selecting dynamic or sport driving modes, or by using the paddle shifters.

I would be willing to bet a substantial sum that the XE system is identical to the F-Type.
Foosh,

Are you thinking about getting the XE?

Old 09-14-2015, 03:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There is a button on the centre console that switches this system off. You just need to remember to press it each time you start the car. Not that big a problem really.

Barrie

Old 09-15-2015, 01:30 AM
Received 41 Likes on 24 Posts

Hey Daniel

I can't add anything to the stop/start info above, my wife's Alfa had the same system and it did take a bit of getting used to - not that it had any practical effect on the usability of the car. Now I don't even notice it.

1) A number of British owners have occasionally experienced condensation coming back out of the filler when refuelling diesels. It happens (I believe) when filling a less than quarter full tank at certain temperatures. I do not know if Jaguar is looking to resolve the issue, it is off-putting rather than dangerous. It may well be worth talking to your dealership.

2) There have also been many comments about the SatNav system. It does seem that Jaguar will issue updates, they do appear to be taking this one seriously. For the British market at least when updates/fixes become available they will be downloadable from here :-

Jaguar | Home | HERE

I cannot speak for how this will work in France, I have too much British phlegm

3) Visibility out of the back generally is not great, it's the downside of the sweeping lines of the roof. It doesn't help you now, but I paid for the parking pack that gives me a rear view camera to help with parking, which I am guessing will be the biggest issue. I did think about the blind spot monitoring option but decided against.

4) I am not sure whether you are unhappy with the start-up sequence or impressed, it's a fairly typical sequence for any car these days. Why do you need to find your key? How did you get in the car?

If it helps, when you press the start button it pulses at 70 beats per minute, this is the heart rate (at rest) of a live Jaguar. Just think how cool that is the next time you fire the car up, no British phlegm required

It is a shame that you are disappointed. If it is any consolation at all, Jaguar cannot make enough of these cars at the moment, they are so popular. A number of used ones - mainly ex demonstrators - are starting to appear on the UK market at prices comparable to if not greater than new. If you do decide to sell you should not have to take a big hit in the pocket.

Old 09-15-2015, 07:07 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,026 Likes on 854 Posts

Originally Posted by MarcusXFR
Foosh,

Are you thinking about getting the XE?
Had it been out earlier this year, I would have almost certainly purchased one. The F-Type is my first Jaguar, and I'm very impressed with it. It has been flawless in every way.

Unfortunately, the US XE roll-out was pushed back until 2016, and my wife was in the market this year for a car in that class, so we purchased the new-gen '15 MB C-300 in February. We're very pleased with it.

However, if the XE proves to be as impressive as the early reviews, I could see us purchasing one a few years from now.