XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

Tire pressure monitors

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2016, 07:26 AM
Received 57 Likes on 44 Posts

I would check with a tire shop and see if they can supply Jaguar OEM sensors and install them. They should also be able to diagnose the issue first because they probably see a lot of this issue.

The following users liked this post:
Dallas Rockford (06-14-2016)
Old 06-14-2016, 06:24 AM
Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts
Default How can I disable the TPMS?

I'm new to owning a Jaguar and mine is a bit older. With that being said, I am very old to the usage of the TPMS's and believe, like some, that they are more trouble than they are worth.

I've owned 3 other vehicles with this technology and it was a struggle, as I've similarly noticed with the Jaguars.

Current message states the TPMS is not reading the front passenger tire - and of course, the tire is fine.

Does anyone know the procedure to disable this system? (Secondarily, is there a reset procedure?)

Any info is much appreciated. Flashing light starting to make me crazy!

Attached Thumbnails Tire pressure monitors-2009-xf-jag.jpg  
tommyzr (11-19-2016)
Old 06-14-2016, 06:33 AM
DPK
Veteran Member
Received 529 Likes on 389 Posts

Big D..As has been mentioned, the most likely problem with a car of your age is that the sensors (x-mitters) in the tires have weak batteries and needs the whole sensor replaced...Read backwards on this thread, as some experience issues with after market brands and some have no issues with OEM sensors..They are pricey little devils, not including the installation cost too.

Dallas Rockford (06-14-2016)
Old 06-14-2016, 08:38 AM

According to the records, they were replaced not quite 2 years ago. I feel these things are pretty flaky and just want them gone.

Thank you for replying!

Old 06-14-2016, 08:49 AM
Received 87 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by Dallas Rockford
According to the records, they were replaced not quite 2 years ago. I feel these things are pretty flaky and just want them gone.

Thank you for replying!
Here on forum there is one man in New York area who could totally disarmed TPMS system in your car and enable or disable some option.

Old 06-14-2016, 05:35 PM
Default Who knows how to disable the TPMS?

Originally Posted by 08292
Here on forum there is one man in New York area who could totally disarmed TPMS system in your car and enable or disable some option.
I'm intrigued - who is this person? Thank you!

Old 06-14-2016, 06:47 PM
Veteran Member
Received 3,126 Likes on 2,304 Posts

DR, check out post #19 in this thread.
It takes some expensive equipment and good knowledge to disable the TPMS, but it can be done.

Old 06-15-2016, 03:11 AM
Received 87 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by Dallas Rockford
I'm intrigued - who is this person? Thank you!
Send you PM

Old 07-17-2016, 04:07 PM
Received 77 Likes on 54 Posts

FYI, in case others come here later - I FINALLY fixed my issues after replacing the TPMS module twice and all the tire sensors twice as well as having them programmed by a tire shop and Jag multiple times.
I DID NOT have to get rid of my aftermarket wheels, so don't let Jag tell you that's the problem. A wheel is a wheel and all a sensor cares about is whether or not the air it's in has the right pressure.
The final fix was to buy some (used) Jag official sensors. Now, like many things, there are only a few different companies that actually manufacture TPMS sensors, so I'm willing to bet that there's some programming whereby Jag is looking for official sensors. It's scammy, but that's what you have to do.

Old 07-18-2016, 05:38 PM
Veteran Member
Received 438 Likes on 387 Posts

Just to be clear I don't think Jag is telling people there is an issue with aftermarket wheels. They are fine. The issue is that if you don't use OEM sensors then there are compatability issues. Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't. Seems like if you change to OEM sensors like you have, that is a pretty common fix. I'd be surprised if this was deliberate - just seems that the Jag system is sensitive and the OEM sensors work best

Old 07-18-2016, 10:41 PM
Veteran Member
Received 315 Likes on 242 Posts

Originally Posted by n8ertot
FYI, in case others come here later - I FINALLY fixed my issues after replacing the TPMS module twice and all the tire sensors twice as well as having them programmed by a tire shop and Jag multiple times.
I DID NOT have to get rid of my aftermarket wheels, so don't let Jag tell you that's the problem. A wheel is a wheel and all a sensor cares about is whether or not the air it's in has the right pressure.
The final fix was to buy some (used) Jag official sensors. Now, like many things, there are only a few different companies that actually manufacture TPMS sensors, so I'm willing to bet that there's some programming whereby Jag is looking for official sensors. It's scammy, but that's what you have to do.
Did you go with used sensors just because of cost, or some other reason?

I wouldn't want to put used sensors in there unless I was selling the car because who knows if they will die in a couple of months and I am going through that all over again...

Old 07-19-2016, 05:39 AM
Received 141 Likes on 106 Posts

My sensors are on now too - playing tire roulette. I changed the TPMS sensor a couple years ago but appears shot again.

I love this car but it feels like every couple weeks or so a new warning light....

Old 07-22-2016, 05:59 PM

The dealer checked my car out and reset things, so no warning lights for 3 weeks now.

I am ready for whatever happens, boy those warning lights are really a drag.

Old 07-23-2016, 05:29 AM
Received 141 Likes on 106 Posts

Driving last night I got new warning lights I've never seen before.

1. Tire pressure monitoring failed (yellow)

2. Tires pressures are not being monitored (red)

For something as dumb as tire pressure they have 10 different lights and you don't need any of them because you can see or tell when you need,air!

But the warning system is worse than what it's designed to monitor.

Old 07-29-2016, 03:49 PM
Received 54 Likes on 35 Posts

My car was giving me a tire pressure light intermittently going on and off randomly. Half the time the pressure was correct, the other half, there actually was a low tire. The last time it went off, I was like not again, I just checked it earlier today! So I go to the tire shop to see if there is a leak and found no leak in the tire at all. They submerged the whole tire in water and nothing came bubbling up. Then they pulled the tire off and found this:

Factory rim

I had no idea. Never would have guessed. The rims on our cars must not be very robust, and the factory contis are not that good because I have not hit anything out of the ordinary. I hit a pothole about 1 1/2" deep at 30mph once in the rain because I couldn't see it (didn't feel it either). This is on the inside of the wheel. Never would have seen the crack had it not been pulled off. I am never using continentals again. Going Michelin and changing the batteries in the TPMS sensors the next set. Already had to replace one of the continentals. I have never had this much trouble with tires before, because I always buy Michelin. I'll replace the wheels with something forged after this... already getting quotes.

Old 07-29-2016, 10:45 PM
Veteran Member
Received 438 Likes on 387 Posts

Originally Posted by Benjamin Jerome Smith
My car was giving me a tire pressure light intermittently going on and off randomly. Half the time the pressure was correct, the other half, there actually was a low tire. The last time it went off, I was like not again, I just checked it earlier today! So I go to the tire shop to see if there is a leak and found no leak in the tire at all. They submerged the whole tire in water and nothing came bubbling up. Then they pulled the tire off and found this:

Factory rim

I had no idea. Never would have guessed. The rims on our cars must not be very robust, and the factory contis are not that good because I have not hit anything out of the ordinary. I hit a pothole about 1 1/2" deep at 30mph once in the rain because I couldn't see it (didn't feel it either). This is on the inside of the wheel. Never would have seen the crack had it not been pulled off. I am never using continentals again. Going Michelin and changing the batteries in the TPMS sensors the next set. Already had to replace one of the continentals. I have never had this much trouble with tires before, because I always buy Michelin. I'll replace the wheels with something forged after this... already getting quotes.
I had a similar issue with one of my OEM Selena wheels. They are a bit fragile / soft. Nothing to do with the tyres though - just not a very strong rim. I'm amazed they didn't find that in a leak test...

I don't think batteries are replaceable on the tpms - you will need new sensors.