Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

XKR-S Trunk Spoiler

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2013, 12:53 AM
Received 112 Likes on 89 Posts
Default :)

Originally Posted by drc
It was a joke. You know...an excuse to have to keep going with the mods.

I actually did read a review where they were testing the XKRS on the track and found at the end of the straight that the XKRS speed was the same as the XKR. They postulated (like that big word?) that the wing was providing enough additional down force to actually slow the car down. Coincidentally to the same speed of the lesser HP XKR. So yes that large spoiler may actually reduce your 1/4 mile time. And yes the big spoiler that I have probably reduces mine. I'll take the additional down force over the speed since my interest is more in handling than straight line speed. Although that is fun too!
I intended my response in defense of the the mans mods, jokingly and admittedly spurred by my jealousy of your R-S. What a beauty.

I believe your report above and that many mods we do will actually slow the car down. I've heard about lots of guys adding open exhausts which in result lowered the back preussure to a point they were losing power.

I will say this though, I added hi flo cats and it sounded louder, but not necessarily more powerfu.Then when I dropped in some K&N filters I noticed more power than I expected. Therefore I believe the two were needed to compliment each other for an acutal gain. Kind of a more air in, more air out balance.

Enjoy your R-S, she's a beaut... Oh how I want one!

Old 04-11-2013, 03:12 AM
Veteran Member
Received 325 Likes on 201 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike V

I've heard about lots of guys adding open exhausts which in result lowered the back preussure to a point they were losing power.

I will say this though, I added hi flo cats and it sounded louder, but not necessarily more powerfu.Then when I dropped in some K&N filters I noticed more power than I expected. Therefore I believe the two were needed to compliment each other for an acutal gain. Kind of a more air in, more air out balance.
Reducing exhaust back pressure on a normally aspirated engine can cause loss of power related to a "scavaging" effect, but not on a forced induction engine. But reducing back pressure on a FI increases the engine's volumetric efficiency and causes more air to flow through the engine at whatever maximum boost pressure the supercharger or turbo is run at. The ECU adds the additional fuel required by the additional air flow, as measured by the air flow meters, and more power is produced. Higher flow cats will always make more power on a FI engine.

Reducing intake restriction on a normally aspirated engine will increase power, but not nearly as much on a FI engine. That's because the turbo or supercharger overcomes that restriction by sucking the air through the filters with whatever force is required to create the set boost pressure as measured in the intake manifold. K&N filters might increase power by 5 hp vs maybe 15 or more with cats.

What the driver actually feels is notoriously unreliable, and is more influenced by their perception of torque (the force with which the car feels to accelerate) as opposed to maximum horsepower (which is made close to max engine rpm) where torque is actually decreasing, but hp is still increasing).

The only real way to tell a change in power is on a dynomometer...or drag strip time slips.

Bruce

The following users liked this post:
Mike V (04-11-2013)
Old 04-11-2013, 06:27 AM

This is true.

My non-quantifiable data results were collected primarily through the extensive precision provided by my SOTP Dyno.

Old 04-11-2013, 01:04 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Mina Spoiler and Pricing

Just got off the phone with Chris at Mina.

The XKR-S spoiler is ready to ship @ $1200. It does have the carbon fiber top part, the clear brakelight lens with red LEDs, and internal antenna. He describes it as "essentially identical to the factory model".

I won't be able to connect the antenna on my 2007 XKR, but i currently have the fuse pulled because i hate the silly extend-o-mast it came with.

Shipping to Seattle is $50, and get THIS... they will put the factory paint for your car on it for $70! It adds about a week to ship time, but totally worth it IMO. They also have the "R-S" badge available.

Tell them you saw it on Jaguar Forums!

Cheers,
DavidM

The following 2 users liked this post by davidm17011:
Mike V (04-12-2013), sherbercars (04-12-2013)
Old 04-11-2013, 10:38 PM
Veteran Member
Received 139 Likes on 95 Posts

Wonder If we can get a group price. dont know how that works?havent been involved in one before

Old 04-12-2013, 12:14 AM
Default Aero Kit

I still prefer the Aero Kit wing for its lines but sounds like Mina really hit it out of the park with this one!

Old 09-10-2014, 11:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default XKRS spoiler

Originally Posted by eddie elliott-smith
Hi Guy's i certainly would be interested in one too. does anyone know where i can find the front fender carbon fibre section(dealer price is crazy)
regards
Eddie
You can get one from Mina painted to match for $1100

Old 09-11-2014, 12:31 PM
Veteran Member
Received 139 Likes on 95 Posts

I got mine from mina looks identital to oem and fits perfect.they have also redirected the holes to fit the original mounting so you dont have to drill new holes , excellant quality.

Also mina is in the process of producing a C/F front defuser

like the RS no price as yet untill ready, there is some talk of them producing the side sill panels in C/A as well as a complaet kit ,they already have rear defuser,

They are also in the process of producing the rear seat deleat, which I have installed which I love for al the extra luggage room .

Give chris a call for more info , Bernie

Attached Thumbnails XKR-S Trunk Spoiler-dsc03090.jpg   XKR-S Trunk Spoiler-dsc03100.jpg   XKR-S Trunk Spoiler-dsc03120.jpg   XKR-S Trunk Spoiler-dsc03190.jpg   XKR-S Trunk Spoiler-dsc03154.jpg  

XKR-S Trunk Spoiler-dsc03151.jpg   XKR-S Trunk Spoiler-dsc03445.jpg   XKR-S Trunk Spoiler-dsc03451.jpg  
Old 02-16-2017, 05:22 PM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by djgold
Finally got my GTR spoiler on my XKR. Got all my trim pieces (trunk jaguar emblem line, side and hood vents) painted gloss black. Looks pretty good. I'll let you guys have a gander.

Bit of a revival to a very old thread but stumbled across the above images on google when considering XKR-S spoilers... As far as I can see my options are a factory pre 2012 XKRS spoiler (same as the standard XKR but bigger) or the post XKRS spoiler or the duraflex post XKRS style spoiler...

This GTR spoiler is something that I would have never considered at all and would have assumed it wouldnt fit or look right but I'm impressed by how well it integrates into the car. (although it would probably look out of place on a car without skirts etc). Kudos for your bravery and creativity! brief searches online show this spoiler in 3 pieces with the cabron fibre centre at reasonable costs.

I guess the question is how difficult was it to get it fitted and did it need much modification to get it to sit at the correct angle etc? custom brackets? how have you coped with it over the last couple years, still happy with it?

Cheers

nico

Old 03-28-2019, 11:31 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old 03-28-2019, 11:37 AM
Veteran Member
Received 5,160 Likes on 3,090 Posts

Originally Posted by oleg khrystov
??? $5,000 ????????
Holee Ballz!

Old 03-28-2019, 11:39 AM
Veteran Member

Ah, "First Post". Now I get it...............

The following users liked this post:
pwpacp (03-28-2019)
Old 03-28-2019, 12:08 PM
Veteran Member
Received 545 Likes on 364 Posts

Don't know of anyone who would bite on that!
I'll counter with my Mina Galleries version for less than $1k,,,,undamaged. lol

Old 03-28-2019, 12:36 PM
Received 111 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by eddie elliott-smith
Hi Guy's i certainly would be interested in one too. does anyone know where i can find the front fender carbon fibre section(dealer price is crazy)
regards
Eddie
mina has them. I think $150. They are in the San Fernando Valley

Old 03-28-2019, 12:48 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by badicedog
mina has them. I think $150. They are in the San Fernando Valley
I paid more than that for Mina's Speed Pack spoiler ($175???).... it fit so horribly even after hours of work that I returned it, even after I had (stupidly) got it painted for another $200.