XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

wiring mirror + sendors

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2010, 02:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wiring mirror + sendors

Hi, have problem here, got rain sensors and need to reconnect the wires of the inside rear view mirror. (AK8 2001) I have a diagram but to hard to read for me and wonder if someone could help me to put the colours of wiring together. here you can find the diagram http://www.captainjaguarscathouse.co..._Reference.htm

without the wiring i got some issues not working.

the interval speed for whipers
the automatic lights on
the rainsensor

on the mirror i have
- Black
- Light gray
- Yellow
- Red
- Blue
- Purple
- Green
- White

on the Yellow connector i have

- White/red
- Yellow/blue
- Brown/Black
- Green/Black
- Brown/white
- Blue/white
- Yellow
- Blue

hope someone will be able to read the diagram and help me connect those wires.
thank you

Old 12-21-2010, 04:09 PM
Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

Is the first set of wires/colors inside the mirror? The drawing doesn't show the wires inside the mirror. Is there a connector on the mirror itself?

The following users liked this post:
kenjiroo (12-22-2010)
Old 12-21-2010, 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by MarkC
Is the first set of wires/colors inside the mirror? The drawing doesn't show the wires inside the mirror. Is there a connector on the mirror itself?
there was a white conector with 8 inlets, that where the wires got out, the white contector goes into a yellow conector. I only see 8 wires comming out the mirror, so yes .. that's the set i guess with

- Black
- Light gray
- Yellow
- Red
- Blue
- Purple
- Green
- White

hope you can help me out ! thank you

Old 12-21-2010, 06:05 PM

I'm confused. Is the connector damaged? Were the wires cut? Why do you care about how the wire colors match up?

kenjiroo (12-22-2010)
Old 12-21-2010, 07:38 PM
Gus
Veteran Member
Received 2,207 Likes on 1,700 Posts

If you look on pages 12 & 13 you will see the color codes and symbols. If you look at the bottom of the figure page (oneline) you will see the symbols and information that will direct you the the next connecting page or reference point. Read Page 12 & 13 first. http://www.gusglikas.com/images/Auto.../jagxk2001.pdf

kenjiroo (12-22-2010)
Old 12-22-2010, 12:41 AM

Originally Posted by MarkC
I'm confused. Is the connector damaged? Were the wires cut? Why do you care about how the wire colors match up?
MarkC ofcourse the colors need to be correspondent with the others or it wont work. the conector itself is not damaged, only the wires came out the white conector (who has the wires in the rear view mirror. all those wires need to be inserted again in the right place and then it need to be plugged into the yellow holder ( who also has 8 wires but different colours)

Old 12-22-2010, 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by Gus
If you look on pages 12 & 13 you will see the color codes and symbols. If you look at the bottom of the figure page (oneline) you will see the symbols and information that will direct you the the next connecting page or reference point. Read Page 12 & 13 first. http://www.gusglikas.com/images/Auto.../jagxk2001.pdf
yes Gus, i know, but hard to read for me, way to complicated ... and it's a labyrint for me.

Old 12-22-2010, 11:08 AM
Gus
Veteran Member

Is this what you need? If so Happy Holidays!

Attached Thumbnails wiring mirror + sendors-rainsensorxk82001.jpg   wiring mirror + sendors-rainsensorxk82001-harnis.jpg  

Last edited by Gus; 12-22-2010 at 11:26 AM.
kenjiroo (12-22-2010)
Old 12-22-2010, 11:36 AM

Lets try it this way...

Attached are the two parts of the schematic that show connections to the rear view mirror. I've added to these the wire colors (from the code on Page 12 of the schematic).

Note that there is a multi-pin connector (designated RF2) on the mirror itself. Three wires are shown in attachment "Mirror1" (terminated at pins 6, 7, and 8) and 5 wires are shown in attachment "Mirror2" (and terminated at pins 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5). For example, the white/red wire is terminated at pin 1.

The rain sensor looks like it plugs into a 3-conductor cable coming out of the mirror.

Also note that one of the wires (Black/Pink, at RF-2 pin 3) does not exist on your list of wires at the yellow connector; however, your list does include a "brown / black" wire that doesn't exist on the schematic. For now, let's assume these are the same wire.

Finally, the schematic DOES NOT show the wire colors associated with the white connector that you identified. This is why I suspect that the white connector may actually be considered to be part of the mirror itself (the wire colors INTERNAL to the mirror (i.e., inside the box titled "Rear View Mirror") are not identified on the schematic.

Now, armed with all this info, my previous question about the color matchup should make sense. Essentially,if the connector is plugged into the mirror, then the proper connections should have been made (unless the wiring was somehow damaged),

Attached Thumbnails wiring mirror + sendors-mirror1.jpg   wiring mirror + sendors-mirror2.jpg  

Last edited by MarkC; 12-22-2010 at 05:13 PM. Reason: clarify
kenjiroo (12-22-2010)
Old 12-22-2010, 03:53 PM

hi guys, thank you for the help so far ! the wiring .. well .. the diagram is very confusing to me .. as the colours are kinda going all over the place , and i'm not realy electrical. maybe those pictures here will help to explain.

the lose wires are going into the white socket, but i need to figure out in what inlets. the yellow socket is undamaged with the wiring already connected.
so the lose wires comes from the rear view mirror and is ripped out of the white socket. hope you could .. "hook" me up again :-)

Old 12-22-2010, 05:23 PM

Unfortunately, the schematic doesn't show wire colors at the mirror-side connector. Hopefully, someone with the same mirror (that is still in one piece) can inspect their wiring and help you out. Another option may be to politely ask a parts guy at the dealer if you can inspect a replacement part.

kenjiroo (12-22-2010)
Old 12-22-2010, 05:30 PM
Gus
Veteran Member

I think we need additional information. I am unable to check this but is that plug for your mirror or is it for your interior light module? Also are you adding the water sensor or was the car equipped with it? Right now I am seeing color codes for the microphone I think. I need a little information on why you are doing this and what is that yellow plug for.

kenjiroo (12-22-2010)
Old 12-22-2010, 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by Gus
I think we need additional information. I am unable to check this but is that plug for your mirror or is it for your interior light module? Also are you adding the water sensor or was the car equipped with it? Right now I am seeing color codes for the microphone I think. I need a little information on why you are doing this and what is that yellow plug for.
well, some additional info .. the new front window is replaced because it got smashed (some nozems in Miami i guess) the guy who replaced the new glass could mount the mirror but not the wiring conected. those 8 coloured wires come out of the rearview mirror and was attached to that white conector who connects to the yellow one. I dont made any changes or extra options, the car had rainsensors installed enb auto lights .. thank you guy's for the time here trying to help me out.

ps: all the interior lights are working

Old 12-22-2010, 07:45 PM
Gus
Veteran Member

I have a 99 and will try to check it in the morning and see what i can offer.

kenjiroo (12-22-2010)
Old 12-24-2010, 10:23 AM

any luck Gus?

Old 12-24-2010, 01:41 PM
Gus
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by kenjiroo
any luck Gus?
Yes i got it so give me 5 min to put it together.

Old 12-24-2010, 02:12 PM
Gus
Veteran Member

Sorry but I think my color codes are not going to help you, my car was not equipped with the rain sensor or the telephone package and the fact that it is a 1999 not a 2001. We need another 2001 with a 2 tier plug to match it with. Do I hear a volunteer?

Attached Thumbnails wiring mirror + sendors-windowmirrorplug99.jpg  
Old 12-25-2010, 03:56 AM

Darn, well thank you for the effort !!! hope we find a 2001 here that might help ! Merry x-mass

Old 01-01-2011, 01:42 PM
Gus
Veteran Member

Did you ever get your wiring for the mirror taken care of? If not I would like to know is this a new mirror and if so did they give you a cross reference to connect it to the existing plug? If not you need to call them and ask for it. I had a little time and thought I would look at the total wiring for the plug. If you still have the plug available and still need the info I would like to know the pin location on each wire at the plug. I would also like to confirm the year and model of your car.

Old 01-09-2012, 04:24 PM

I have a similar question. I have a '98 XJ8 and got a mirror from an '01 XJ8. The new mirror is wired for Rain Sensors and the wiring is a slightly diffierent color. I just want to cut the connector from the old mirror and connect it to the new mirror. I just need to know which wires to keep and which to eliminate. Also, since there are a couple of color differences, I just want to make sure that I connect the correct wires to each other.

Quick Reply: wiring mirror + sendors