Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

'09 XF Premium B&W amplifier questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2012, 07:25 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '09 XF Premium B&W amplifier questions

I was impressed by the sound of the Bowers and Wilkins audio-option when I drove a XF once, so I wanted to try and get that sound in my Alfa Romeo. (yeah, no Jaguar, I know, but it also has a lot of character and pedigree...)

Luckily for me the XF I drove has been involved in a car accident (and the owner bought a new one). So now I have 12 speakers from a 2009 Jaguar XF, and the amplifier.

First impression is that there is not a single sign on the speakers that it has anything to do with Bowers & Wilkins. On the speakers there is a Jaguar sign and number. And the amplifier has Land Rover on it (part 6H52-18C808-DD). And of course it is all made in China (well, so far with 'made in Great Britain'...).

Does anyone of you know which connection is for what? And can I use the amplifier without the XF-headunit, just by using the line-out from my pre-amplifier?
Opening the case did not help me at all, since there is no sign on de circuitboard that tells anything usefull.

Thanks,
Mario

Old 05-22-2012, 07:37 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hmm, after some more reading, also on this forum, I think the CAN-bus connection with the head-unit/preamplifier makes it almost impossible to get the amplifier to work without it.

Still,the B&W speakers (although not marked B&W on the back, just the front protection grill) fit in my car.
Anyone want a B&W soundsystem amplifier?

Mario