Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

2003 Jaguar S-Type Car Stereo Wiring Schematic

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2010, 07:31 PM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default 2003 Jaguar S-Type Car Stereo Wiring Schematic

I found this on the net. Is this correct?

2003 Jaguar S-Type Car Stereo Wiring Schematic
Car Radio Battery Constant 12v+ Wire: Green/Black
Car Radio Accessory Switched 12v+ Wire: Black/Pink
Car Radio Ground Wire: Black/Green
Left Front Speaker Positive Wire (+): Orange/Green
Left Front Speaker Negative Wire (-): Blue/White
Right Front Speaker Positive Wire (+): Tan/Green
Right Front Speaker Negative Wire (-): Green/Orange
Left Rear Speaker Positive Wire (+): Gray/Blue
Left Rear Speaker Negative Wire (-): Brown/Yellow
Right Rear Speaker Positive Wire (+): Black/Violet
Right Rear Speaker Negative Wire (-): Orange/Violet

http://www.modifiedlife.com/2003-jag...ing-schematic/

Since I couldn't find any wiring harness, I'll be cutting the wires and connect them directly to stereo harness.
Thanks,

Old 01-11-2010, 07:06 AM
Veteran Member
Received 505 Likes on 257 Posts

STOP!!! DO NOT PASS GO. DO NOT COLLECT $ 200 AND DO NOT CUT UP THE CAR!!

Buy this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

It will give you male and female harnesses. You only need the male for the Radio install, you can cut out the rest, but it will give you everything you need to connect the radio and it's local in the USA. This is designed to go between the radio and the car's wiring to connect a bluetooth car kit to the car, BUT it will work to connect an aftermarket radio just as well. You also need an antenna adapter, the part number and link are posted in the other thread about dash kits.

I have Jaguar wiring diagrams at home that I can scan for you if need be. BUT once you get this the colors should be fairly obvious because of the fact that they are colored in standard iso-din color codes.

I got my double din dash kit. I'm gonna post up a couple pics in the other thread.

George

The following users liked this post:
ShiftDriftDream (05-30-2017)
Old 01-11-2010, 09:44 AM

Hey George,
Is this same one? I live in Canada and it's cheaper too.
http://cgi.ebay.com/SOT-082-JAGUAR-S...item3ef63ac32c
Thanks,

Old 01-11-2010, 09:54 AM
Veteran Member

Those are the correct plugs for our car.

Dunno what will end up cheaper since that has to come from the UK, but that will work for you as well.

Take care,

George

Old 01-11-2010, 12:32 PM

Ordered one from UK. It's cheaper and it takes about the same amount of time to get it. Please let me know the wiring schema when you get a chance.
Thanks!

Old 01-20-2010, 02:11 AM

I got the parts and soldared the wires.

Pioneer AVIC-U310BT - Ready!
Stereo harness - Ready!
Antenna harness - Ready!

Waiting for the Metra 99-9501B kit to arrive...

Old 01-21-2010, 02:44 AM

I tried the Pioneer U310BT out today (last night). It worked fine. One thing, the instrument's clock doesn't show. I'm guessing there isn't any solution for it.

Old 01-21-2010, 07:19 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by ndy4eva
I tried the Pioneer U310BT out today (last night). It worked fine. One thing, the instrument's clock doesn't show. I'm guessing there isn't any solution for it.
If you mean the clock in the dash, when you click through with the turn stalk, no it wont show. It just reads the radio's time over the d2b network.

There is a way to get it to work, but its kind of pointless, especially if your new radio has a clock. You would need to run constant and switched power, and ground to the factory head unit (if you have that parrot harness you have the plug that plugs into it) then run the d2b data wires back to the respective wires in the factory headunit harness. Then keep the factory headunit in the trunk (only place i think there is room), and use it to set the clock. If you don't have a cd changer, I think the head unit will fit in that space.

I hope that makes sense.

I did that in a BMW 740i and actually mounted the factory head unit in the CD changer location, using a GM dash kit. That allowed the person to keep all their factory displays on the MID, and use the factory head unit to control the factory amp's tone / fade / balance controls, albeit from the trunk. The main MID display basically said TAPE all the time because i just stuck a tape in the factory head unit.

George

Old 01-21-2010, 10:55 AM

Thanks George,
I guess I will leave without it. Don't want to carry old radio in the trunk just for the clock.

Old 02-12-2010, 01:35 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very dumb newbie question - how do I know if my Stype has the non-alpine, non-amplified radio that this works on? It's the factory nav unit with the CD player and a CD changer factory in the trunk. I *think* that qualifies as premium, amplified sound? Is this unit made by Denso?

Old 02-12-2010, 09:53 AM

TXSType,
I'm not sure if Jaguar made any Nav unit without premium stereo. I might be wrong on this. Check your trunk and see if there is any amplifier.

Old 02-13-2010, 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by ndy4eva
TXSType,
I'm not sure if Jaguar made any Nav unit without premium stereo. I might be wrong on this. Check your trunk and see if there is any amplifier.
I think so... that's what this thing is on top of the nav system is, isn't it? If so, then I'm SOL on the harness, right????

Attached Thumbnails 2003 Jaguar S-Type Car Stereo Wiring Schematic-img00123-20100213-2034.jpg   2003 Jaguar S-Type Car Stereo Wiring Schematic-img00125-20100213-2329.jpg  

Last edited by TXSType; 02-14-2010 at 12:17 AM. Reason: added image
Old 02-15-2010, 12:33 AM

These kits mentioned (from ebay) are for the non-alpine stereos. Any suggestions for the alpine versions? Thanks.

Old 02-15-2010, 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by TXSType
I think so... that's what this thing is on top of the nav system is, isn't it? If so, then I'm SOL on the harness, right????
I think that's amplifier on the top. Sorry, I can't help you with it.

Old 02-15-2010, 01:23 PM
Veteran Member

That is the amp. I can get you all the wiring diagrams and walk you through upgrading / bypassing it. BUT... You're not replacing the headunit in that car. (I don't think you can retrofit the standard climate controls to the car)

IF you really want mp3/ aux input, you need to get the Jaguar ACM.

If you're happy with the CD player, but want better sound, there are still several upgrades to be had if you were interested.

George

Old 02-18-2010, 11:41 PM
Default yes, please! wiring

George - Yes, please. I would very much like the schematics. I'll PM you with my info as well.

I'm really trying to do two things - which are confusing the he77 out of me.

1. add bluetooth for phone
2. be able to do audio input

I'm not even going to mention my DVD nav disk upgrade conundrum...

thanks,
Matt

Old 02-20-2010, 01:55 PM
Veteran Member

Let me know if you got my email.

I didn't mention any upgrade details because I was at work.

George

Old 02-20-2010, 11:16 PM

Yes, thanks!

Honestly, a little more complicated than I expected. I'm note quite certain where to go next with this at this point... Overwhelmed might be the word I'm looking for....

Old 02-20-2010, 11:37 PM
Veteran Member

Let me check out the schematic as far as the premium audio system and I'll let you know the best ways to go about both. The ACM is probably the way to go as far as adding an audio input.

Get a cheap Ipod, Even a 2gb nano or mini (since the ACM won't do video anyway) or a flash drive and call it a day.

Now I have an idea which if you want to use an ipod and bluetooth which may be the best solution.

Look at the Alpine EX-10. I have one here I'm thinking about using. They are cheap now, approx $50.

It's an FM modulated OR hardwired Ipod control system, as well as a hands free bluetooth setup. It will do an ipod the way it was meant (artist, playlist, album etc) , although you have to use a remote control for everything.
It has a little separate color screen, although I think I have a pretty eloquent way to mount it in my head.
The ACM treats the ipod as a 6 disc changer. You get 5 lists (with up to 100 tracks each) and the 6th list is every song in the ipod in alphabetical order.

Take care,

George

Old 02-21-2010, 08:58 PM

George - thanks for the input. Here's what I've found about the EX-10. I don't know anyone first hand who has used one, but the bluetooth sounds like it's not worth it. But for $50 or so, it's hard to complain. I would really like to hardwire instead of FM modulation if possible.

http://reviews.cnet.com/mp3-player-a...=mncolBtm;rnav

If I want MP3, I'll use flash drive (cheap) or the flash drive inside my blackberry (already there and cheap and easy).

Regarding the ACM, I think it probably is the best solution but apparently not cheap. Have you ever seen these older threads?

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/s...ead.php?t=4442

I don't know what ever came of it, but there are a few other devices out there that *might* work...

Quick Reply: 2003 Jaguar S-Type Car Stereo Wiring Schematic