Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

97 XK8 and parrot MKi9200

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2010, 09:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 97 XK8 and parrot MKi9200

I have a slight hickup with this, used the line outs from the blue box and connected with plugs to the CD signal wires.

Took the power and ign from the 14 way car phone plug and also connected the radio mute (yellow) from the blue box to the 14 way.(purple/orange)

I can get the parrot to call out and the sexy voice and mutes the HU fine when the blue box is using line-in, usb etc.

But the radio will mute when the HU is in am/fm mode but no voice from the parrot, parrot will phone out but does not pass voice

If I take the HU out of radio mute mode the parrot still mutes and works as intended. but still it will noot mute the radio.

I have not connected the radio telephone wires Purple/red & Purple/pink to anything.

Can anybody say I fuged up or maybe the parrot is us?? I have tried all combinations.

Old 09-17-2010, 11:02 PM
Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by roverman
I... used the line outs from the blue box and connected with plugs to the CD signal wires.
The way that you've configured things, the only audio out of the Parrot is what goes through the CD signal wires into the HU. So if you switch the HU to FM, you're never going to hear the Parrot audio during a call. You must use the CD/line-in/USB input in order to use the Parrot. So when you make a call or a call comes in, you must manually switch to the CD/line-in/USB input.

Verify that I have that correct, and get back to us.

I have not connected the radio telephone wires Purple/red & Purple/pink to anything.
I don't know what these wires are. Are these wires on the vehicle's harness or on the Parrot?

Old 09-18-2010, 10:52 AM

Yes I figured that to use the parrot for phone calls in AM/FM was to change to aux in. In time I will work on a relay system to connect the parrot using the two old car phone wires when using the AM/FM mode of the HU, but is it worth it? don't think so.

"I have not connected the radio telephone wires Purple/red & Purple/pink to anything" these two wires are the old car phone audio in to the HU

I do intend to fashion a face plate to fit into the consul, for when the CD changer/HU crap out.

Thanks for replying

Old 09-19-2010, 11:58 AM
Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Duh! I totally forgot about this:

http://j.roal.home.mchsi.com/X308Bluetooth.pdf

This guy did a Bluetooth installation into his '98 XJR, and I remember reading about it when I was researching my own ACM/bluetooth solution.

I don't know how similar your head unit is to that year/model XJ(R), but his experiences might shed some light for you. He used a Motorola T605 Bluetooth receiver, but the connections will be similar.

Check it out.

Old 09-19-2010, 10:08 PM

Yes I did read and study the J.Roal system, As I read it does the Motorola T605 unit have an output and input line-ins? as the Parrot only an output line-in.

But thinking of taking a front channel output form the blue box and feeding it to the old car phone lineout to the HU, would this give me AM/FM muting and audio from the Parrot??????????? to the front channels.

Only time and a couple of wires will tell as I still not buttoned down the centre consel yet.

Old 10-01-2010, 10:15 PM

As it now, I have fully functioning audio from the parrot on both am/fm and cd inputs. sounds are great, microphone levels good, but the parrot has issues with names on voice dial.

Old 10-13-2010, 12:46 PM

Hi
I just found this thread while trying to source adaptors etc needed to fit a Parrot BT kit into my '00 xk8. Roverman, could provide any pointers? I'm favoring a MKi9000.
Thanks!
Bob

Bob, I didn't use any adaptors, I spliced into the CD changer audio wire, feed that into the parrot line-in's.
I already had a factory car phone, so I took the Batt+ & ign+ power from that and used the phone audio feeds and connected to the parrots left&right front speaker inputs on their harness.

I did buy some harness's but didn't use them, as I found that nobody does a correct one for a 97. I got them kicking around here somewhere.

This gives full service