Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

Audio problems/questions.

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2014, 10:19 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Audio problems/questions.

Hi all. Posted this in the XF forum earlier but got no takers hopefully someone can help me out with at least one of the following questions.

1. I've searched forums and I gather this is a common problem. On my 2008 XF when I try to tune into any AM frequency I just get silence, nothing it doesn't work. I've read people say they're dealer replaced a part for them and they're back up and running, but what I cant work out is how easy/cheap a fix is this?

2. My lack of AM radio may become irrelevant anyway as I was thinking about getting DAB put in. I see a few reasonably priced units on ebay etc. but will these work through my touchscreen multimedia system i.e will I get a DAB option in my audio page and be able to control it that way? Or are these aftermarket DABs controlled separately?*

3. What sort of usb devices can I play music from? I plugged my mobile phone into the usb and selected usb in the audio menu but the car can’t find the mp3 files on my phone? Although it does recognise the phone it just says there are no playable audio files.

Sorry for all the questions all I've done since I signed up is bombard the forum with them but hey that's part of what these forums are for ain't it

Old 09-09-2014, 06:07 AM
Default C'mon guys

Surely some of the gurus on here can help me especially with which aftermarket DAB can I get that will operate through my touch screen.

Old 09-13-2014, 06:11 AM

Hate to be a bumper but could do with some info on this so here goes nothing.........BUMP!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-22-2014, 03:58 PM

Ok gonna try for a reply one more time after researching more I figure that not only is the AM radio problem common but almost inevitable so surely someone's had it fixed or at least tried to get it fixed and can fill me in.
I bought my 2nd hand XF from a "reputable" dealer at a slightly above the going rate on the promise that if I found the slightest problem he'd fix it but he's giving me the run around.

I miss TalkSport.

Old 09-22-2014, 05:00 PM

Sorry edit double posted.

Last edited by ericjamiesonxf; 09-22-2014 at 05:02 PM. Reason: sorry double posted