Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

Bluetooth Install - Veffremov's Kit

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2015, 03:20 PM
Received 120 Likes on 95 Posts

Yes you can. The only thing you can not do is leave a connector hanging not connected to anything. The signal must flow from one device to the next in a giant loop.

Old 09-10-2015, 03:00 PM
Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by veffremov
It is unlikely that you would have a spare optical plug. You can take Steve's suggestion, but I would recommend adding an optical plug instead - it is not too hard. You would need a random optical link cable from eBay, dismantle it and plug one plug and one lead in the existing harness.

Here are some docs describing the task:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9...TVQNXV5TDRhMTg
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1AQ...6gz5DzEbn0rnXs

Thank you veffremov. The illustration really clear things up. I will order an eBay cable. Can you recommend a cable? I will be filling up the Bluetooth adapter order soon.

Last edited by BlacXJRcat; 09-10-2015 at 03:09 PM.
Old 09-10-2015, 05:10 PM
Old 09-11-2015, 07:57 AM
Old 09-14-2015, 03:01 PM

I'm on the waiting list. Sweet.

Old 09-22-2015, 06:08 PM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

ok folks, after some tinkering from Venelin, the Veff Box is up and running for me to pair and stream from my blackberry.

switched back and forth from cd to bluetooth and honestly could not for the life of me distinguish between the two.

this box is awesome!
Fab

Old 09-22-2015, 07:32 PM
Received 150 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by FabCat
ok folks, after some tinkering from Venelin, the Veff Box is up and running for me to pair and stream from my blackberry.

switched back and forth from cd to bluetooth and honestly could not for the life of me distinguish between the two.

this box is awesome!
Fab
Yeah, like I've said before, it's spot on; the ONLY difference you'll hear is the conversion between CDA & MP3/MP4 files (Which most can't hear honestly)

Because audio is what I do professionally, that's the only reason I know, but you really can't tell...

Old 09-26-2015, 09:40 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Where and what to buy

Guys I am very excited about this thread. I want to get the BT adapter ASAP. Thanks for the installation instructions and photos.

After looking through the string I cannot find a specific adapter searching in several places. Can someone tell me where to buy it online available in the US? Please provide a online site and/or a product name. There are many bluetooth adapters I do not wish to consider and I want to buy the right one.

Thank you!

Old 09-30-2015, 07:10 PM
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Default All those electronics

Thanks for the great photos. I'm impressed at all the electronics that you have installed.

Old 09-30-2015, 07:12 PM
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Default BT adapter contact

Originally Posted by Jagzzz
Guys I am very excited about this thread. I want to get the BT adapter ASAP. Thanks for the installation instructions and photos.

After looking through the string I cannot find a specific adapter searching in several places. Can someone tell me where to buy it online available in the US? Please provide a online site and/or a product name. There are many bluetooth adapters I do not wish to consider and I want to buy the right one.

Thank you!

Contact Venelin Efremov < email address removed - GGG > He makes them. Easy to install.

Last edited by GGG; 10-01-2015 at 05:08 PM. Reason: delete Veffremov's email address
Old 10-01-2015, 05:12 PM
GGG
Received 16,799 Likes on 12,168 Posts

Originally Posted by Rob2004XJ8VandenPlas
Contact Venelin Efremov < email address removed - GGG > He makes them. Easy to install.
I've removed Veffremov's email address from your post.

Do NOT post other member's private email addresses. It is unnecessary as anyone can make contact by posting in the thread. It is also likely to be picked up by web crawlers and they will be inundated with spam.

Graham

Old 10-06-2015, 11:31 AM

So hopefully the Post Office will leave the Bluetooth adapter at my door today. I missed the delivery on Saturday. I got the extra fiber optic cable ready for install. I wish one day for the US Post Office to become more efficient (like UPS or FedEx) and improve their customer service. Right now, I can't think of any other service entity that is as bad as the US Postal Service. I hate dealing with them. They have two customer service speeds, slow and extremely slow.

Old 10-07-2015, 06:05 PM
Received 214 Likes on 148 Posts

Post office needed a signature, I missed them and chased the package all over town. I wanted my new toy and I wanted it NOW. Was well worth the chase!!!!

Ven,
Please let your customers know that they will have to sign for the unit.
Thank you for your GREAT creation!

Old 10-07-2015, 06:46 PM

So I rescheduled the delivery for Monday and I am still waiting for the package. The door notice is still taped to my door. The USPS tracking shows rescheduled delivery for Monday. I avoid the USPS like the plague. I wish I knew it was going to be mailed by USPS. I would have paid more.

I am so frustrated. Going to the Post office is at least two hours of my life. Traffic is absurd in Hell Paso, TX and the lines at the Post Office take for ever. Service for everything in Hell Paso sucks.

Yup, I am ranting.

Old 10-08-2015, 09:57 PM

Got the package. I'm happy. Weekend project.

Old 10-09-2015, 12:36 AM
Received 150 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by BlacXJRcat
Got the package. I'm happy. Weekend project.
Technically, it only takes about 20-30 mins if that

Old 10-10-2015, 01:25 PM

Well, turns out that I didn't need the fiber optic cable I bought from eBay. There was an optic connector not being used in the loom. It had a jumper fiber optic cable on it (see picture). I remover the jumper, plugged the BT adapter there, connected the power cable and voila!

It works very well. Just one hiccup, I used the longer USB cable in order to locate the BT dongle in the rear deck but the connection was being dropped.

I connected the BT dongle to the shorter USB cable by the BT adapter and no issues so far. Not sure what the deal was.

Literally, it took me longer to remove the trunk trim.

Sounds phenomenal.

Thanks Veffremov.

Old 10-10-2015, 08:17 PM

Congrats.

The connection drops when the device is first paired with the phone, it fixes itself after it is restarted.

Make sure to adjust the phone volume to max, when the device is connected - iPhone does not always do that by default.

Old 10-10-2015, 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by veffremov
Congrats.

The connection drops when the device is first paired with the phone, it fixes itself after it is restarted.

Make sure to adjust the phone volume to max, when the device is connected - iPhone does not always do that by default.
It dropped the connection once. I adjusted the iPhone volume. It sounds great. Thanks

Old 11-30-2015, 04:53 PM
Received 59 Likes on 42 Posts

I have no idea why I never came around to this. I upgraded to a 16 Speaker set up Custom molded A and C pillars. with two down fire 13.5" woofers build to rear floor. Always had to listen to cds for quality.

I dont have a cd changer but it seems it will still work?

As for the install you guys think I can handle it? lol

thanks to everyone here for the thread I must make purchase asap

Last edited by Evan Trinh; 11-30-2015 at 05:42 PM.

Quick Reply: Bluetooth Install - Veffremov's Kit