Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

CD Changer reporting NO DISCS?

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2012, 02:02 PM
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Default CD Changer reporting NO DISCS? - FIXED

My X-type 2004 estate was playing cd's from the multichanger when it just switched to radio? When i pressed CDC the screen came back with the message NO DISCS.

I have removed the cd cassette to check discs are ok and re-inserted, this time the CDC display came on and then as it tried to play a disc it repeated the previous message.

Im going to try a cd lens cleaner to see if that sorts it but are there any known faults? such as its knackered?

Kind Regards,
Steve...

i took the discs out and inserted a lens cleaning cd with some fluid on and it picked it up and played it fine, re-inserted the cds and they also play fine. I think it could have had a problem grabbing one one the cds from the tray and caused the error message. All ok and working at present.

Steve...

Last edited by kolobos; 02-15-2012 at 04:36 PM.
Old 02-19-2012, 10:39 AM
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I just went through this with my 2004 XK8. I bought it with the same problem. I took the unit out, and apart. Used a long reach swab with some rubbing alchohol on it to clean the "eye." If that doesn't work, generally the "eye" has gotten out of alignment, and time to search eBay for a replacement. In your case the cleaning disc did the same thing. If it persists, try the swab technique on a more stubborn problem. Sometimes you get lucky! MC