Jaguar contacts in Brisbane

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2014, 03:19 AM
Received 6,317 Likes on 4,367 Posts
Default Jaguar contacts in Brisbane

Hi, doe's anyone have mechanical contacts in Brisbane. I do all my own mechanical work (havn't put a car in for work for last 25 years except for air-con work). As I have lots of spare time and 3-5 registered vehicles to use, so having one off the road while I nut out a problem doesn't matter.
But knowing some reliable contacts could come in helpful at some stage.

My wife thinks I have some strange XJ disease.... XJ Cherokee,XJR1300(Yamaha),XJ6

Google and you tube are your best friends when playing with stuff.

Clarke

Last edited by o1xjr; 06-10-2014 at 10:49 PM. Reason: mistake
Old 02-13-2014, 05:48 PM
Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

Hi,

Just had some mechanical repairs done to our x type 2ltr, by Ignite Mechanical & Custom Ignite Mechanical & Custom - Home happy with the work and the price. Located at Stafford.

The following users liked this post:
o1xjr (02-14-2014)
Old 02-14-2014, 04:42 AM

Hi dea.cea1959
Thanks for passing on the contact details, much appreciated.

Clarke

Old 02-14-2014, 03:04 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,410 Likes on 876 Posts

Hi dea.cea,

Since your earlier posts re cat converters etc, I have wondered on several occasions how you were going with your 2.1L X-Type. I sparked up when I noticed your Armidale location as, at the time, I was gobbling up all I could about both the X and S. I finally opted for our late S-Type, but still love that classic XJ shape of the X - perhaps a future purchase for the co-pilot?

As our S-Type was delivered and serviced via Austral in Fortitude Valley, Brisbane, I am keen to get up there to see them. I have discussed this with Clarke (o1xjr) and I note that the two of you have touched base also. Keep in mind that I am just out on the coast at Coffs, so I also thank you for your Brisbane based contact. With a brother-in-law and several friends at Inverell, I need few excuses to travel around the New England - perhaps we will cross paths.

So, please bring us up to date with how you are traveling. It sounds like you have been busy getting work done on your car? Pics will not go astray - and all news helps spread the passion.

Best wishes.

Last edited by cat_as_trophy; 02-14-2014 at 03:06 PM. Reason: typo
Old 02-15-2014, 01:39 AM

Hi Ken,
It's a small world isn't it. We travel to Armidale a lot as my mother inlaw lives their,and see a fair bit of the New England area. My wife was born in Armidale then the family came to Brisbane in the 80's. The inlaws moved to a property on the New England highway at Glencoe in 96' for a few years then back to Brisbane for a couple more years after the loss of my father inlaw, and now she has settled back in Armidale.
Clarke

Love that road to Dorrigo from Armidale,then downn to Bellingen and the Gwyder Highway from Glen Innis to Grafton. Great bike roads.

Old 02-15-2014, 06:31 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by o1xjr
Hi Ken,

The inlaws moved to a property on the New England highway at Glencoe.

Love that road to Dorrigo from Armidale,then down to Bellingen. Great bike roads. Clarke.
Hey Clarke, this is getting weird. That road from Armidale to the coast via Ebor, Dorrigo, Bellingen and Urunga is the Waterfall Highway - a very scenic high tablelands route much traveled by all of us it seems. Our farm property is just south of Dorrigo/Bello, and the name "Glencoe" also has special significance for us and our valley.

In addition to <dea.cea> and myself, I realize there must be many more Jag enthusiasts in the New England/NSW North Coast area. I know of at least 2 who are not yet forum members, but whom I will see in the next few weeks. In addition, Clarke, you are sure to be surrounded by many in the SE Queensland area - Brisbane and Gold Coast in particular. Any other people want to chime in?

Not suggesting anything formal ... perhaps just grow this thread as an ongoing sub-regional thread? ... this might see other regions in Aus and NZ develop their own focus threads? ... or would you just prefer a widening of the casual PM correspondence that is already involving some of us?

Cheers.
Ken

Old 02-16-2014, 01:31 AM

Hi, I'm all for all of us just using threads or "pm". If threads go off the rail a bit that is all good, if they drift too far you can always start a new one to re-focus on a point or pm to get a specific answer.

Clarke

Old 02-16-2014, 03:50 AM

First off I spelt "there"(beer talk) wrong in the last post. and you are right . There could be a sub regional thing go on here,doe's not seem to to be many people from this far north. But from Bris to Coffs to Tamworth is a fairly small circle as far as I'm concerned,day trip stuff. And in my regular trips from Bris to Armidale i see a lot of Jags on the road,especially around easter weekend. That may be a Jag drivers club thing.

Clarke

Last edited by o1xjr; 06-10-2014 at 10:55 PM.
Old 02-18-2014, 12:00 AM
Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

Hi from Armidale,

Thanks for the comments, great to hear you are all familiar with the territory. There is a couple of x-types around town, one is out the same road as us, so we get waves from lots of people we do not know. As noted we have had some major issues with our x-type since we purchased it 18months ago. It has done more ks on the back of a truck than on the road in that time. The original popping problem in the engine is still there and the other major problems come up which may be caused by the original problem. Quite frustrating putting our trust into Jaguar dealers to fix the problem and so far all they have done is change the wiper blades (2 sets @$60 in 18months & the car has been in the garage all this time). However we persevere and will get back to looking for the issue again shortly our investment is too much now to let it go. It is lucky that the car is not our full-time drive.
Would be great to catch up one trip when you are coming through, we have 2 older jags waiting restoration and a 56 daimler - all on the to do list.

Old 02-20-2014, 06:07 PM
Veteran Member

Hi fellas,

Now that I have our beast safely caged in Coffs, I need to concentrate on pulling pics into setting up my "garage".

Hey <dea.cea> (sorry, you did intro yourself but I've forgotten), why not try a new thread on the X-Type forum about your "popping" issue. Until I can convince my wife Chris to switch her Honda to a 2.1 FWD like yours, I am no X-Type guru, but try to keep active on that forum. Having persevered thus far, you deserve to get this fixed. Set out what the car is doing; what you or dealers have done/replaced; and list what fault messages and codes are displayed. Have fault codes been cleared? Which have now reappeared?

I have read of these or similar "popping" issues linked to manifold or pipework vac leaks, or seal issues affecting plugs and coils - but any guessing will only add to your frustration. Post as suggested, then follow up with PM to your guru of choice. And, please keep us posted.

Cheers,
Ken.

Old 02-23-2014, 06:40 AM
Default What I see when I turn on the light.

Hi, This is what I see when I go into my garage.
Could be worse!! The last pic is a Montville,Qld. Or Maleny.

Clarke

Attached Thumbnails Jaguar contacts in Brisbane-dsc_8296.jpg   Jaguar contacts in Brisbane-dsc_8297.jpg   Jaguar contacts in Brisbane-dsc_8299.jpg   Jaguar contacts in Brisbane-dsc_8147.jpg