Jtis

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2014, 07:20 PM
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Jtis

Has anyone in our wide brown land successfully installed the JTIS [S Type]on their computer? If so, I would be happy to pay for a hard copy, rather than do my head in trying to install it on mine..I do bookbinding so perhaps if I get a copy on a thumb drive or some such, just so I can print it, I can bind it and supply them for a minimal cost?

Old 09-04-2014, 12:22 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,410 Likes on 876 Posts
Default JTIS for 2001 S-Type

Hi again Barbara,

All available here for your MY (1999 to 2004) ... downloads, installation guides including several screenshots are all within the first listed S-Type Stickys by [JimLombardi]. While in the Stickys, check out additional resources in the "How to ... guides" and FAQs. Another top spot for workshop guides and reference has been created by one of our members [Gus] at <jagrepair.com>. Another member with heaps of resources is [Thermo].

However, I still believe the best investment I made as a new S-Type owner (especially of a final production model) was to buy a comprehensive CD/DVD based copy which I sourced from a UK seller on Australian eBay for a ridiculous amount (around AU$15) and which includes just about everything available for ...
  • the early MYs, (pre facelift; more accurately by VIN#)
  • the middle years, (facelift; again watch start and end VIN#)
  • the later years (MY2006 upgrade; after the specified VIN#)
By almost everything, I mean full workshop manuals and wiring diagrams as PDFs at about 3,000 pages for each of the above models. Wiring diagrams can change each year, and these are all there together with all TSBs, Recalls and Advisories to Dealers; and finally, a range of Jaguar manuals, brochures on models, options, accessories; and service maintenance charts. Missing however, are all the more exotic DTCs and their complete explanations (ie beyond the P codes). Be aware that some versions are interactive for early years ... some are all in PDF format. Perhaps try the download here for the former; buy the full PDF version online.

Now comes the really cool part ... disk comes with bootloader and front end s/w that jumps straight into a menu whereby you focus on your MY ... and it runs on anything from Windows XP to the latest Win8. Mine is set up on a 64bit high end Toshiba running Win7, with nary a glitch ... what the poms call "easy peasy". My seller no longer advertises, but a quick troll suggests there are several alternatives ... some having only part of the full 1999-2008 run, but all around AU$10 including shipping. Try an eBay search using the term "Jaguar S-Type workshop" and look to the international sellers.
I hope this helps Barbara,
Ken

Last edited by cat_as_trophy; 09-04-2014 at 12:28 AM. Reason: typo
Old 09-04-2014, 05:19 AM
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Jtis

Thanks for that, I was given a disc with the car, just haven't sat down to work through the instal instructions. I'll keep you posted..