Detailing / Car care Discuss detailing your ride inside and out. Pics are a must.

British Racing Green touchup paint

Old 04-15-2014, 11:01 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default British Racing Green touchup paint

I went to a few of my local auto parts stores looking for a small bottle or pen of BRG touchup paint for my 'new to me' XJ8.

None of them had it, so I thought to visit a scale model/hobby store and see if they might have anything. Low and behold, they have a small 1/2 oz. bottle of "IMP JAPAN ARMY NAVY GREEN" put out by Model Master. It is an enamel paint.

I swear it looks as spot on as you can get. I'm only planning to use it to fill in small nicks and dings, so a toothpick will probably be the applicator.

Rufus

Old 04-16-2014, 08:53 AM
Former Sponsor
Received 138 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by Rufus T. Firefly View Post
I went to a few of my local auto parts stores looking for a small bottle or pen of BRG touchup paint for my 'new to me' XJ8.

None of them had it, so I thought to visit a scale model/hobby store and see if they might have anything. Low and behold, they have a small 1/2 oz. bottle of "IMP JAPAN ARMY NAVY GREEN" put out by Model Master. It is an enamel paint.

I swear it looks as spot on as you can get. I'm only planning to use it to fill in small nicks and dings, so a toothpick will probably be the applicator.

Rufus
You are going to want to check out Dr. Colorchip. You can get it at Autogeek.net and it comes with everything. This will kit includes the British Racing Green OEM paint plus all the brushes and all. The Color code British Racing Green is 1753/HGD. Its a custom made kit for your vehicle color. The kit will repair paint chips, certain types of scratches, and road rash. Hope this helps

Dr. Colorchip at Autogeek:
Dr. Colorchip Road Rash Complete Paint Chip Repair Kit

Last edited by PinnacleWax; 04-16-2014 at 09:05 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Rufus T. Firefly (04-16-2014)
Old 04-29-2014, 10:27 AM
Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts

+1 on the Dr. ColorChip.

I bought some for both of my cars and the color match was perfect. Even on the Jag which has a pearl paint.

I would recommend a good wax job after the paint has dried to protect your repairs.