Detailing / Car care Discuss detailing your ride inside and out. Pics are a must.

Innovative Videos

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2010, 06:36 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,231 Likes on 716 Posts
Default Innovative Videos

Just a suggestion to Jim and the team. For the benefit of ALL would it not be a good idea to 'Stickyfy' Innovative Detailing's 'how to' video posts.

This would keep them towards the top of the forum so that more people can see them.

IMHO the time it takes to put one of these videos together more than justifies a place at the top.

All the best,

Richard

Old 02-04-2010, 08:53 AM
Veteran Member
Received 9,005 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  car01.jpg
Views: 16
Size:  19.3 KB

Certainly I agree translator.
If Dave would like to make a post with all available video clips to date I'd be more than happy to "sticky" it and help to showcase his work. The time and effort certainly makes htis worthwhile and will no doubt be appreciated by the many detail enthusiasts amongst us.

I'd suggest though, that all vids are renamed to whatever topic they refer to as opposed to vid/youtube...... etc etc

This way people will be able to go straight to whatever vids they chose to

Old 02-04-2010, 11:18 AM
Veteran Member
Received 637 Likes on 439 Posts

You have a good point Translator

Old 02-09-2010, 11:30 AM
Received 86 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by JimC64

Certainly I agree translator.
If Dave would like to make a post with all available video clips to date I'd be more than happy to "sticky" it and help to showcase his work. The time and effort certainly makes htis worthwhile and will no doubt be appreciated by the many detail enthusiasts amongst us.

I'd suggest though, that all vids are renamed to whatever topic they refer to as opposed to vid/youtube...... etc etc

This way people will be able to go straight to whatever vids they chose to
I like this idea Jim, can we go ahead with it.....

Sorry for the absence during the weekend, I was hired by a L.A. County Lexus Dealer to drive almost 600 miles round trip to detail a brand new Matador Red Mica Lexus IS-F. Cusomer had taken delivery of the vehicle and was promised a perfect finish, when he arrived home the vehicle had extensive fine hairline scratches. They had promised the customer if he was not satisfied with the finish he could procure a detailer from anywhere in California.....I got the call from this gentleman at 9:55pm on 1/31/10...After over 40 email's between the owner and the dealership, the dealer agreed to my estimate....So we packed up and drove thru the country to tackle this job......I will post pics in a new thread which I am working on........

This is what the customer had to say via email when we arrived home.

"Hello Dave, it was a pleasure meeting you and Patricia. Your customer service and attention to detail are absolutely outstanding, again your workmanship is second to none"...

Project Lexus IS-F

Name:  DSC_0110-8.jpg
Views: 37
Size:  95.5 KB

We encountered tons of farms with Nectarine (shown), almonds, english walnuts, pistachios, plums, cherries, raisins, wine grapes, and plenty of cows and sheep.......

Name:  DSCN0219.jpg
Views: 19
Size:  133.3 KB

A beautiful shot of Pyramid Lake coming up over the Grapvine on the way home...

Name:  DSC_0118.jpg
Views: 30
Size:  133.5 KB

Last edited by Innovative Detailing; 02-09-2010 at 12:01 PM.
Old 02-09-2010, 11:39 AM
Veteran Member
Received 9,005 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  car01.jpg
Views: 22
Size:  19.3 KB

Jeesh Dave, no need to apologies, we know you have a hard and demanding job and a life. Whenever, you can get on and post / update answer any queries its all good.

Dave - yes, please lets go ahead with it. If you'd like to make a post will all / any vids you so chose relating to detailing ( possibly name them ) and I'll be more than happy to sticky them to showcase your work!

The Lexus looks great.....The paintwork almost looks like liquid its such a great finish! I'll bet the customer was one happy chappy
Lookin forward to the post!

Old 02-09-2010, 12:35 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,231 Likes on 716 Posts

Stunning as usual, lets hope that the customer also sent his comments to the dealership as well.

Like the shot of the Nectarine trees, they look like they are waiting for something sinister to happen.

Yup, I can can do farms and cows, my car is normally covered in the stuff that comes out of the back of them;-(

Your lake shot has just replaced broaching whales in Hudson Bay as the wall paper on this machine (hope you don't mind).

Look forward to more vids.

All the best,
Richard