Detailing / Car care Discuss detailing your ride inside and out. Pics are a must.

Long Time Since I Detailed

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2007, 07:31 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Long Time Since I Detailed

It’s been a long time since I detailed my car. Holidays, bad weather, illness, and family commitments have kept me from detailing for a couple of months.

Finally, I felt well enough, had the time, and the weather could not have been better. The car actually wasn’t too dirty as I recently broke down and had someone else wash it for me.

Before:
Name:  dirtyback_120207.jpg
Views: 4
Size:  50.7 KB

Process:
Wheels have a coat of Poorboy's World Wheel Sealant so they were not too dirty. Man, that PB Wheel Sealant is awesome! I used a black Schmitt, EZ Brush, Meg’s Tire Brush and a bucket of Duragloss Shampoo.

Before Wheel:
Name:  beforewheel2_120207.jpg
Size:  64.5 KB

Wheel After:
Name:  afterwheel1_120207.jpg
Views: 3
Size:  64.1 KB

I Washed the car with DP XtremeShampoo in a Foam Gun with a white/yellow Schmitt. Dried with the Leaf Blower + Air Wand.

Car with DP Extreme:
Name:  soap_120207.jpg
Size:  115.1 KB

A few areas needed some clay. I didn’t have time enough to do the entire car so I just hit the bad areas. I used Poorboy’s World clay & PB Spray & Wipe as the lube. I really liked the DP Clay.

I then broke out the UDM and started out with a grey LC CCS pad and Clearkote Red Moose Machine Glaze (RMG). Halfway through I switched to a blue pad that I think worked better than the grey.

I started out thinking I’d top with Pinnacle Souvern Paste wax. Then thought I might try Natty’s Blue as I had not used that in a long time. But, as it turned out, it got so late that I topped it with Souvern Spray Wax.

The tires were finished with Pinnacle Black Onyx and the wheel wheels with No Touch spray.

Windows were washed with Diamondite. The interior got a quick wipe down with PB Natural Look except for the seats that got Pinnacle Leather Cleaner & Conditioner.

It felt so good to use thebuffer and my stuff to detail the car. I wanted to dress the trim (with PB Trim Restorer) but ran out of time. It was a great day!

After:

Name:  after_120207.jpg
Size:  90.2 KB

I think the RMG gives it a deep wet look.