Detailing / Car care Discuss detailing your ride inside and out. Pics are a must.

Pinnacle Black Label Synergy Wax- REVIEW

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2014, 04:01 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,228 Likes on 788 Posts
Default Pinnacle Black Label Synergy Wax- REVIEW

Hello everyone:

Here's an HONEST review of the .....Pinnacle Black Label Synergy Wax product.

First of all this 5 oz. can of wax is extremely EXPENSIVE
. Currently priced at $195.00 per can. It is well packaged, very professional and has a exclusive look. The microfiber towel supplied in the packaging can be found at any auto parts shop or Amazon for $4.57 for a package of 3. So the towel is worth about $1.52. Here's the link for the microber at Amazon...

Amazon.com: Meguiar's Supreme Shine Microfiber Cloths (Pack of 3): Automotive Amazon.com: Meguiar's Supreme Shine Microfiber Cloths (Pack of 3): Automotive

Amazon.com: Chemical Guys MIC_506_12 - Professional Grade Premium Microfiber Towels, Gold 16" x 16" (Pack of 12): Automotive Amazon.com: Chemical Guys MIC_506_12 - Professional Grade Premium Microfiber Towels, Gold 16" x 16" (Pack of 12): Automotive

The can of wax comes in a blue pouch, something you might see on a premium bottle of whiskey and has a foam applicator included.

As for the wax detail, the car was my 2009 Jaguar XKR that was previously coated with Opticoat 2.0 Paint Coating sold at Autogeek.net for $79.99. The Opticoat is another premium ceramic paint coating, like the Pinnacle Black Diamond Paint Coating product also priced at $79.99.

The Jaguar XKR was first clay barred about 3 months ago. Then the Opticoat 2.0 was applied. After the clay bar process, the paint finish was as smooth as glass. Then the Opticoat 2.0 was applied. The Opticoat 2.0 provided a 3 year ceramic finish which ends up in a high gloss and excellent result.

I saw the Pinnacle Black Label Synergy Wax being offered here on Jaguar Forums for $169.99 with 15% off and free shipping for a total of $144.49. So I ordered the can. The current price is now $195.00 and have no reason to explain the price increase.

The Synergy wax arrived yesterday from Stuart, Fl home of Autogeek.net. The Jaguar XKR was hand washed using Meguiars Gold Wash fluid...

Robot Check Robot Check

The Meguiars Gold is a great shampoo/wash product. The Jaguar was hand dried using a chamois for the best cleanup.

The Pinnacle Black Label Synergy Wax was very easy to apply and the foam applicator included was about 3" in diameter and worked well. It takes a very small amount of the Pinnacle Synergy wax and applies in a thin coat. I applied in a swirl pattern and the swirls of wax were very easy to see once applied on the paint surface. So, a can of Pinnacle Synergy Wax will go long way. I let the wax dry or come to a haze for about 10-15 minutes. Buffing off the wax was quite easy using the microfiber towel supplied in the box. The end result was a nice gloss and ultra smooth surface, which I credit the clay barring of the car for the ultra smooth surface. The Synergy product provides a nice gloss, but not sure about the verbage of shine like a diamond. Sounds good though, doesn't it. Great marketing verbage for sure.

Overall I was pleased with the result. The can instructions suggest a second coat of wax after a couple of hours.

I strongly believe that applying the paint coating product and clay barring the car is the best thing to do. The Jaguar looked great after the application of the Opticoat 2.0 and looked great before the detail project using the Pinnacle Synergy Wax.

When washing, the water beads up well over the paint coating. Now I will have to see how well it does with the Synergy Wax.

There is a lot of hype about the blending of nano technology ceramic particles infused into a Carnauba Wax formula for this product. Sounds great, and I would like to see a scientific analysis of this formula and testing by an independent lab for confirmation about the stability of the product vs other products available in the marketplace. It is suggested that the Synergy Wax be re-applied every 6 months .....as that is about all that it will last under normal conditions.

Keep in mind that the paint coating products such as Opticoat 2.0 or the Pinnacle Black label Diamond paint coating lasts up to 3 years.

My first suggestion is clay bar your car, no matter if it's older or new. The process of clay barring works wonders for the paint surface. Apply the paint coatings products as mentioned above. The $79.99 spent for the paint coating is a great bargain, and you can complete about 3 cars total. I recommend the Pinnacle Black Label Diamond Paint Coating because of the 4 oz. bottle. It will go long way. It also has the nano ceramic particles in the product.

As far as the Pinnacle Black Label Synergy wax product.....I think at $195.00 it is overpriced. I think at $169.99 it is overpriced. There is allot of hype over the nano ceramic particles infused into the carnuba wax. If you own several cars, the it will spread the cost of the product. Waxing all vehicles that you own helps reduce the cost per vehicle. I have an additional 3 vehicles that I will use the Pinnacle Synergy wax on.

Some users may feel that a lower priced wax over the ceramic paint coating will provide the same result. I would agree. I would suggest use the clay bar (about $10.00 for 2 bars) about $10.00 for the detail spray lubricant. Buy the Pinnacle Black Label Diamond Paint Coating for $79.99 and forego the EXPENSIVE $195.00 5 oz. can of Synergy.

I honestly think you can achieve the same end result using the Meguiars Ultimate Paste Wax which is more than double in size, and a fraction of the cost $22.00 vs Pinnacle Black Label Synergy Wax cost $195.00 and you will acheive the same result.

The Pinnacle Synergy Wax is just too expensive $195.00 for me to order again. Pinnacle and Autogeek.net need to reduce the price to attract a broad array of auto enthusiasts to buy the product.

Suggestion for a premium DIY auto detail:

Clay Bar kit with Detailing Spray lubricant Meguiars Gold Clay bar Kit $18.99....
Robot Check Robot Check

Pinnacle Black Label Diamond Paint Coating $79.99...Pinnacle Black Label Diamond Paint Coating

Meguiars Microfiber towels 3 pack....$4.67...
Amazon.com: Meguiar's Supreme Shine Microfiber Cloths (Pack of 3): Automotive Amazon.com: Meguiar's Supreme Shine Microfiber Cloths (Pack of 3): Automotive

Meguiars Ultimate Paste Wax....$22.00....
Amazon.com: Meguiar's Ultimate Paste Wax - 11 oz.: Automotive Amazon.com: Meguiar's Ultimate Paste Wax - 11 oz.: Automotive

or

Meguiar's G-7014J Gold Class Carnauba Plus Wax. 11.oz. paste $10.97....
Amazon.com: Meguiar's  G-7014J Gold Class Carnauba Plus  Wax. 11.oz. paste: Automotive Amazon.com: Meguiar's G-7014J Gold Class Carnauba Plus Wax. 11.oz. paste: Automotive

Using these products will result in an "excellent" DIY detail of your premium automobile. There will be enough product here to complete several cars.

Total cost for suggested supplies: about $120.00 <>

Now the folks at Pinnacle/Autogeek.net may disagree with this post/review on the $22.00 Ultimate Paste Wax vs $195.00 for the Synergy, but I see no difference in the end result, providing you Clay Bar the car, then use the Pinnacle Black Label Diamond Paint Coating.

It takes allot of disposable income for most people to afford a $195.00 can of 5 oz. wax, whether it has a nano-ceramics technology or not.

Hope this review helps other Jaguar Forum car owners and members. Perhaps we will have additional reviews from other Synergy users, who do not work for Pinnacle or Autogeek.net or are paid to complete a review. I was not paid to complete any review, I was not compensated to buy the Synergy Product and I have no affiliation with Pinnacle or Autogeek.net. I do use other Pinnacle products as mentioned and I do buy products from Autogeek.net

On to the next car...my 2014 Porsche Cayman 981......this time I just may do 1/2 with the Pinnacle Synergy $195.00 wax and 1/2 with the Meguiar's Ultimate Paste Wax $22.00...that would be quite interesting indeed and a great test.

Attached Thumbnails Pinnacle Black Label Synergy Wax- REVIEW-jaguar-2009-xkr-pinnacle-synergy-wax.jpg   Pinnacle Black Label Synergy Wax- REVIEW-pinnacle-black-label-diamond-coating-015.jpg   Pinnacle Black Label Synergy Wax- REVIEW-pinnacle-black-label-diamond-coating-017.jpg  

Last edited by richzak; 04-01-2014 at 09:25 PM.
Old 04-02-2014, 03:43 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 138 Likes on 82 Posts

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts.

Here's some information on Synergy:
  • It is the first and only carnauba wax that is fortified with nano-glass ceramic particles.
  • A single jar will yield in excess of 25 applications. Considering each application lasts a minimum of 6 months...a single jar will last years.
  • Synergy doesn't make the paint slick until several hours after being applied and removed. This is because the wax has to cure. Once it cures, the paint will be very slick and even glossier than when you initially applied it.
  • Synergy stays slick. Most waxes will be slick immediately after being applied, but that slick smooth feeling usually goes away after a day or two.
  • Synergy was formulated so it will set up and bond to coated vehicles. Most waxes and coatings don't play well together, so the wax only sticks for a couple days, or a week at best.
  • Synergy beads more than any other wax - closer to the same type of beading that coatings exhibit.
  • Synergy is effortless to remove - it doesn't dust, smear, or streak.

Synergy application tips:
  • Ensure surface is CLEAN and COOL to the touch.
  • Even if your vehicle is "garage kept" and "well maintained," you should ALWAYS clay and PREP the surface prior to application. If your vehicle was coated several months prior to application of Synergy, you should still use Black Label Surface Cleansing Polish first. Check out this article by Mike Phillips.
  • To ensure even coverage, it's ideal to apply a second coat a couple hours after the first coat.

Old 04-13-2014, 11:34 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,228 Likes on 788 Posts

It has been 10 days since the Pinnacle Synergy Wax $195.00 was applied on 1/2 of the 2014 Porsche Cayman 981 and 1/2 of the Meguairs $22.00 NXT Gen 2.0 Wax (Ultimate wax).

Today, I uncovered the car and hosed down the car for a water beading test. I could not see any differentation of the two sides or the 2 wax products that were applied. I have posted 3 photos taken at different angles. The application of the 2 waxes was done straight down the middle of the entire car. Synergy on one side, Meguiars the other side.

Perhaps someone can tell the difference, of what side is which.

Bottom line in my personal application and opinion, the $22.00 Meguiars Polymer Paste Wax is just as good as the Pinnacle Synergy $195.00 wax. I see no reason to waste your money buying this overated Pinnacle Synergy Wax. Any automobile owner can spend what they want. Hopefully other premium auto owners will complete the same type of test and report back here on the forum. Personally, I would NOT purchase this product again or recommended it to anyone. It is dramatically overpriced and hyped in the marketing of this Pinnacle Synergy product.

Attached Thumbnails Pinnacle Black Label Synergy Wax- REVIEW-pinnacle-synergy-vs-meguiars-ultimate-water-bead-001.jpg   Pinnacle Black Label Synergy Wax- REVIEW-pinnacle-synergy-vs-meguiars-ultimate-water-bead-002.jpg   Pinnacle Black Label Synergy Wax- REVIEW-pinnacle-synergy-vs-meguiars-ultimate-water-bead-003.jpg