Detailing / Car care Discuss detailing your ride inside and out. Pics are a must.

Zaino. I highly recommend....

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2010, 11:56 AM
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Zaino. I highly recommend....

Absolute best polish/wax out there.... OH AND THAT IS NOT A PINSTRIPE, IT'S A HORIZON LINE!!! MY PAINT IS LIKE A MIRROR NOW

Attached Thumbnails Zaino.  I highly recommend....-img_1126.jpg  
Old 11-25-2010, 07:14 PM
Veteran Member
Received 301 Likes on 173 Posts

wow I love your car. What wheels are those? And what else do you use on the car in terms of wax/sealants?

Old 11-25-2010, 08:35 PM

Thank you, I use ALL Zaino products. They are the world's best. I was dutifully informed by a friend who is a car importer; he sells Bentleys, Astons, etc.
He said all of the supercars he sells only use Zaino products because they do not change color or degrade paint. Carnauba wax has gone the way of the 8-track and anyone who tells you different is still trying to tell you laser-disc is the best and just won't let go.... lol.
I can attest to the fact that in all of my years of detailing my own cars, I have found NOTHING that compares to the gloss of these products. They are perfect chemical compounds designed to bond with your paint without penetrating and degrading it. You cannot set a rag on your car while buffing it! The paint becomes so slick, it's truly amazing.
jaggyx, Please PM me and I'll be happy to give you a detailed list of the products I buy from them.
www.zainobros.com

oh, and the wheels I purchased were from ebay, I accidentally came across them searching under 'volvo 19" wheels...' Hope that helps

Last edited by j_bond; 11-25-2010 at 08:38 PM.
Old 11-28-2010, 11:28 AM
Veteran Member
Received 216 Likes on 128 Posts

I've been using it for about 6 years. Its really good stuff. Takes a little while to do the instructions for the first time. But if you keep it up you dont have to do as much the more you wax it. Heres after just 2 coats. The more coats you put on the darker and wetter looking it gets.

Old 11-29-2010, 12:17 AM

stunning!

Old 01-04-2011, 03:34 PM
Received 30 Likes on 30 Posts

A+++ for Zaino. I have been using Zaino since 1998 on my Vette. Is can attest that there is no better product on the market. The finish last a long time and the more coats you apply the better the results. It also repels dust that is noticeable on darker colors.

Old 03-25-2011, 06:51 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I started using ZAINO back in 1999 (on all my vettes) and have used nothing else since. This is my current ride after its first spring washing and the ZAINO was last applied back in Oct and the car driven all winter.

Tom

Old 06-26-2011, 10:50 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

You guys convinced me. I ordered the Ultimate Show Car protection kit. More than I have ever spent on a detailing product. That way I can try most of their products. I did order a 4 pack of their towels but think that part was probably a little excessive and a waste of money.

Old 06-27-2011, 01:25 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,638 Likes on 1,066 Posts

Congrats Pork

Before & after pics when you receive/use it....please?

Old 06-27-2011, 02:56 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

+1 for Zaino..
I've used nothing but Zaino since my first Jag way back in '02 ..

Old 06-27-2011, 05:05 PM
Received 56 Likes on 37 Posts
Default Another Option...

I use "Finish First" by Liqui-tech. It also provides a truly first class deep long lasting shine at about half the price of Zaino. Admittedly, I have not yet tried Zaino. I think I will try Zaino next time and maybe post a comparison with pictures (of course)...

Old 06-27-2011, 07:10 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,005 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  car01.jpg
Views: 85
Size:  19.3 KB

some beautiful looking rides detailed to a very high standard....thanks for sharing this eye candy!

Old 06-30-2011, 01:33 AM
Received 101 Likes on 68 Posts

I'm another newby - new to Jaguars, and new to Zaino's. Friends at work have been harping about it for years, and I've always resisted. Now with the new Jaguar, it feels like the right time. My order has arrived, and I plan some happy hours this coming long weekend. And yes, I'll remember to take before/after pics.

Steve

Old 06-30-2011, 05:40 AM
Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

For many years (twenty plus) my polymer sealant of choice was Klasse (an acrylic polymer) I then converted to Zaino (a polymer) and used it for approx fifteen years, but automotive sealants and coatings have evolved immensely over the last five years or so. Silica or reactive resin hydrophobic coatings; (thinks paint sealant but harder has greater durability and scratch resistance) that provides a self-cleaning paint protection, that lasts for up to two years.

The use of Nanotechnology coatings has completely changed the detailing industry. Products like Zaino, Collinite, and etc used to be the best protection available but nanotechnology or reactive polymer resin coatings offer greatly extended durability, scratch resistance and protection from the elements that can be measured in seasons or years, as opposed to others. These coatings, which add measurable protection (2-3 µ) are better than anything I’ve used in more than five decades of detailing.

Old 06-30-2011, 05:57 AM
Received 56 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by TOGWT
For many years (twenty plus) my polymer sealant of choice was Klasse (an acrylic polymer) I then converted to Zaino (a polymer) and used it for approx fifteen years, but automotive sealants and coatings have evolved immensely over the last five years or so. Silica or reactive resin hydrophobic coatings; (thinks paint sealant but harder has greater durability and scratch resistance) that provides a self-cleaning paint protection, that lasts for up to two years.

The use of Nanotechnology coatings has completely changed the detailing industry. Products like Zaino, Collinite, and etc used to be the best protection available but nanotechnology or reactive polymer resin coatings offer greatly extended durability, scratch resistance and protection from the elements that can be measured in seasons or years, as opposed to others. These coatings, which add measurable protection (2-3 µ) are better than anything I’ve used in more than five decades of detailing.
Okay, I'm breaking out the checkbook. Sooo, what brands of polish are made up of this material you describe?

Old 06-30-2011, 01:21 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Ok I have had my zaino for a couple of days. The only thing that doesn't really impress me so far is the Leather cleaner. My leather was actually fairly clean with a few slightly dirty areas. It really didn't seem to clean very well. The Z2 and Z5 seem to work great. Not sure if the spay enhancer really does that much. Haven't tried the stuff for the tires yet. It's a great product but just not sure it quite lives up to the price they charge. Just one mans opinion.

Old 07-01-2011, 02:51 AM
Received 86 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by TOGWT

Would love to see some photo samples of your work from all these years of detailing....35 -50 years is a long time.....I dont see any in your TOGWT blog?

Old 07-01-2011, 06:30 AM

Originally Posted by Stillwaters
Okay, I'm breaking out the checkbook. Sooo, what brands of polish are made up of this material you describe?
See also - Crystalline Nanotechnology Coatings- http://togwt1980.blogspot.com/2010/08/crystalline-nanotechnology-coatings.html

· Optimum Polymer Technologies, Opti-Coat (USA)
· G|Techniq Surface Coatings (UK)
· Nanolex (Germany)
· G'zox Polymer Coatings (Japan)
· AquaQuartz (China)
· SONAX Premium Class Nano Paint Protect Nano Pro (GR)

Last edited by Togwt; 07-01-2011 at 07:13 AM.
Old 07-01-2011, 06:31 AM

Originally Posted by Innovative Detailing
Would love to see some photo samples of your work from all these years of detailing....35 -50 years is a long time.....I dont see any in your TOGWT blog?
As you’ve properly read on my blog I’m a retired chemical Engineer, when I was doing paid part-time detailing my clients were all word of mouth referrals and mostly concours entrants so I’ve never seen a need to post photographs to advertise professional detailing services, other than that posting in the click& brag section for non-pros, is in my opinion, little more than ego gratification.

I feel my experience and knowledge can be put to better use by answering detailing questions either on my blog or on various detailing forums.

Last edited by Togwt; 07-01-2011 at 07:14 AM.
Old 07-01-2011, 10:26 AM
Received 86 Likes on 66 Posts

Favorite wax and Polish.........

Meguiar's M205 for polish

Meguiar's M21 for a sealant

Adams Americana Paste Wax

Testing some new Malco products as we speek.....will post results.

I personally have heard some negatives with all this new nano tech, the one that specifically caught my attention were the health risks associated with them.....

Quick Reply: Zaino. I highly recommend....