Diesel variants - All models Visit here for discussions on diesel powerplants and the impressive torque / mpg figures achievable....

Help with the following Error Codes

Old 11-06-2018, 06:43 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Help with the following Error Codes

Hi.

The following diagnostic codes were given.

Background:
Drove the car from Johannesburg to Cape Town (1400km) over two days. The car drove beautifully. Funny enough - things hit the fan the moment I entered my drive way in my Cape Town home. Below are the list of events.

1) I had a fully flat tyre - I took it off and replaced it with the biscuit wheel. The car immediately moaned and put me in Restricted Performance mode. I didn't think much of it because I figured the car was like "What on earth is on earth is attached to me on my rear left axle".
2) Got the tyre fixed - car was still in restricted performance mode. Now I started getting scared. Left the car standing for 5 days.
3) Started the car up again 5 days later - no problem for the next 3 days. Drove around 250km.
4) Yesterday - started car up. Car really struggled to ignite, third attempt worked. Drove down the road 20m and the car stalled. Waited 30 seconds. Started up again - car was fine. Drove home.
5) This morning - drove for about 1 km, car stalled AND went into restricted performance mode. Went to the local car electrification and got a diagnostic.
6) Cleared all error codes. Started car again and got he sign low battery.

Here are the results of the diagnostic:
P00BC - Mass or Volume Airflow A circuit Range/performance - Air Flow to Low
P0486 - Exhaust Gas Recirculation Sensor B Circuit
P0105 - Manifold Absolute Pressure Barometric Circuit
P0107 - Manifold Absolute Pressure/Barometric Sensor Low Input

My thinking - Replace battery.
Any suggestions beyond this?

Your assistance is much appreciated.

Regards,

P

Old 11-12-2018, 01:58 PM
GGG
Received 16,761 Likes on 12,150 Posts

Welcome to the forum Paulo,

I see you posted this question twice. We don't have too many diesel owners and it's usually best to post in the relevant model forum for more Views and a better chance of Replies. You don't mention model year but an XF that's out of warranty - must be a 2007-2015 X250?

The common factor running through your faults is a suspect battery. This can cause all kinds of weird electrical problems on all modern Jaguars and is the one to eliminate first.

Please follow this link New Member Area - Intro a MUST - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum to the New Member Area - Intro a MUST forum and post some information about yourself and your vehicle for all members to see. In return you'll get a proper welcome and some useful advice about posting to the forum.

Graham

Old 05-01-2020, 06:13 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Paulo- I'm surprised the auto electrician didn't perform a load test on the battery to check it out.
When my battery in the XF 3.0 went kaput due to a bad alternator the battery hadn't charged but was actually OK load wise. I replaced the alternator and the battery anyway.
Also I got about 20 DTC's come up with the problem everything from the gearbox to the console module ie all "electrical" rather than "physical". Everything subsided with the new battery.

Anyway did you get to the bottom of the problem you described.