Diesel variants - All models Visit here for discussions on diesel powerplants and the impressive torque / mpg figures achievable....

Help with the following Error Codes

Old 11-06-2018, 06:43 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Help with the following Error Codes

Hi.

The following diagnostic codes were given.

Background:
Drove the car from Johannesburg to Cape Town (1400km) over two days. The car drove beautifully. Funny enough - things hit the fan the moment I entered my drive way in my Cape Town home. Below are the list of events.

1) I had a fully flat tyre - I took it off and replaced it with the biscuit wheel. The car immediately moaned and put me in Restricted Performance mode. I didn't think much of it because I figured the car was like "What on earth is on earth is attached to me on my rear left axle".
2) Got the tyre fixed - car was still in restricted performance mode. Now I started getting scared. Left the car standing for 5 days.
3) Started the car up again 5 days later - no problem for the next 3 days. Drove around 250km.
4) Yesterday - started car up. Car really struggled to ignite, third attempt worked. Drove down the road 20m and the car stalled. Waited 30 seconds. Started up again - car was fine. Drove home.
5) This morning - drove for about 1 km, car stalled AND went into restricted performance mode. Went to the local car electrification and got a diagnostic.
6) Cleared all error codes. Started car again and got he sign low battery.

Here are the results of the diagnostic:
P00BC - Mass or Volume Airflow A circuit Range/performance - Air Flow to Low
P0486 - Exhaust Gas Recirculation Sensor B Circuit
P0105 - Manifold Absolute Pressure Barometric Circuit
P0107 - Manifold Absolute Pressure/Barometric Sensor Low Input

My thinking - Replace battery.
Any suggestions beyond this?

Your assistance is much appreciated.

Regards,

P

Old 11-12-2018, 01:58 PM
GGG
Received 10,174 Likes on 8,376 Posts

Welcome to the forum Paulo,

I see you posted this question twice. We don't have too many diesel owners and it's usually best to post in the relevant model forum for more Views and a better chance of Replies. You don't mention model year but an XF that's out of warranty - must be a 2007-2015 X250?

The common factor running through your faults is a suspect battery. This can cause all kinds of weird electrical problems on all modern Jaguars and is the one to eliminate first.

Please follow this link New Member Area - Intro a MUST - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum to the New Member Area - Intro a MUST forum and post some information about yourself and your vehicle for all members to see. In return you'll get a proper welcome and some useful advice about posting to the forum.

Graham