F-Pace (X761) / C-X17 2016 - Onwards

The 2016 Jaguars take New Orleans

Old 10-20-2015, 10:17 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Gabriel, can you comment on the steering wheel firmness/tightness and the comfort specifically on soaking up pot holes? I hope I don't have to wait till all the reviews come out which will likely be months from now :T

Hoping this can dual as a Luxury SUV at the same time, with Jaguar emphasizing its performance on every promo of this car.

Old 10-23-2015, 01:55 PM
Received 98 Likes on 72 Posts

I'm sorry, I can't as I didn't drive the F Pace and only the others on a very smooth track.

If you can test out the 2016 XF I think you'll have a very good idea of what this new platform feels like. Dealers should have it shortly. Our first is due any day.

Why the comparison is relevant, is the shared use of front and rear subframes-suspension parts-and chassis between the XF and F Pace.

Old 10-23-2015, 02:50 PM
Received 55 Likes on 45 Posts

I thought the XF was delayed until spring?

Old 10-24-2015, 03:43 PM

Unfortunately....that's true. BUT we'll have one at Novi any day. Hopefully it will be there when I arrive Monday morning. I'll take some photos and post them on the XF page.

I love how gorgeous the 2015 Portfolio is, and how aggressive the Sport XF is. I'll miss the Car Eye halo headlight treatment, and center rolling vents. But the 2016 XF is vastly superior in every other way. Anyone that loves Jaguars should be very proud of what they've accomplished.

Driving the 2016 XF will you an idea of how incredible the F Pace will be on the road. I know I sound like I'm not bias, and just sing Jaguars praises blindly but I promise you I'm not.

But when you compare how the welded steel cars feel and drive (3,5,7 Series, and SUV (Cayenne, X5, ML, GLK, S, SL,SLK, those Lexus things, etc....)...

...then get into a (class comparable) bonded aluminum Jaguar with their giant suspension pieces and ultra stiff platforms. I know I'm sensitive to little things from riding Cafe liter bikes for so long, but honestly, to me it's like the Jags should be in a higher class.

I'm sure they're will be many that judge them differently, but I can't think of a car company that's just nailed it on so many levels like Jaguar has.

Old 10-24-2015, 06:42 PM

From the reviews I've read it's a very impressive machine. Do you know why/can you say why it has been delayed?

Old 10-25-2015, 02:38 PM

They've been on track for a Nov. release of the XF in AWD form. The rear drive XF 3.0 is coming in earlier, with the dual release of the XE and F Pace next spring in April.

In the last (almost) 13 years I've seen delays have been mostly caused by Jaguar wanting the release as perfect as possible. Remember the 2011 XJ?

It was supposed to be a 2010, but was delayed until it Jag was satisfied is was good enought for release. (We had a new style 2010 XJL 5.0 for almost a year at our store, until it aged enough and had enough mileage on it. Kind of a early tester. Be interesting to see if they allowed it to be sold or if it was sent back for analysis.)

The Satelite radio and TMC programs were then downloaded on customers cars about 6 months later. One group wanted to delay the launch of the new XJ until the programming was worked out but dealers were going crazy without anything on their lots but XF sedans. That was the right decision. Customers just wanted their cars and didn't fuss about coming back for the downloads.

Another possibility could be they want a larger build up than we've seen since the old days. To give dealers a large inventory at their stores from the start, instead of the trickle. I hope that's true. Earlier on it was being said they wanted to wait until everything was available for the North American launch, (gas, diesels, manuals, AWD) but that seems to have toned down.

Old 10-25-2015, 03:40 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I want an F-Pace so badly, I can almost taste it. Loaded First Edition for me, although I don't like Rhodium Silver or the grayish wheels. I'd prefer a different color scheme, but pricing it out with all the options is 4-5K more than the First Edition which automatically comes with all the options.

Old 10-25-2015, 06:12 PM

I thought I read that the First Edition was going to be available in the Caesium Blue color as well? Does anyone know what the Light Oyster Tauurs color is like? I want the S, but it's not available in that trim, so I'd have the Brogue. Jaguar used to let you pick and choose about every exterior and interior color option but with these latest cars they're being very restrictive.

Old 10-25-2015, 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by Bellanca_XF
I thought I read that the First Edition was going to be available in the Caesium Blue color as well? Does anyone know what the Light Oyster Tauurs color is like? I want the S, but it's not available in that trim, so I'd have the Brogue. Jaguar used to let you pick and choose about every exterior and interior color option but with these latest cars they're being very restrictive.
I'm only going by the US configurator. There are no color options, exterior or interior, on the configurator site for the First Edition. Perhaps the limited run of First Edition models necessitates fewer choices. I don't know for sure. I'm just going by what's available online.

Old 10-26-2015, 01:08 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thank you "GGabriel" for all the pictures and info on the F-Pace.

I have my deposit down and order in for one, so now just have the painfully long wait until next spring!

Old 12-27-2015, 05:44 PM

Unfortunately, different countries have different exterior color choices and option packages. Visit the US, UK, and German F-Pace configurators and you'll see the differences. Basically the US gets the least attractive colors and most expensive option packages, although the car itself costs significantly more in places like Australia.

Old 12-28-2015, 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by Plainsman
Unfortunately, different countries have different exterior color choices and option packages. Visit the US, UK, and German F-Pace configurators and you'll see the differences. Basically the US gets the least attractive colors and most expensive option packages, although the car itself costs significantly more in places like Australia.

I don't know if the US configurator is complete though, when I called the dealership last week the rep told me that he believes Caesium Blue will be available on the First Edition(which is the color I'd want) but that's not an option on the site; nor does it say that it has adaptive cruise control but I assume that's standard kit. Ultimately I want to drive one with 20" wheels and the 22" wheels back to back to see if the ride is too harsh, but I'm thinking if I did go with the 22" wheels I'd get a set of 20" for winter as there are very few winter tires for the 22" size.

Old 12-28-2015, 04:11 PM

I don't know if the US configurator is complete though, when I called the dealership last week the rep told me that he believes Caesium Blue will be available on the First Edition(which is the color I'd want) but that's not an option on the site; nor does it say that it has adaptive cruise control but I assume that's standard kit. Ultimately I want to drive one with 20" wheels and the 22" wheels back to back to see if the ride is too harsh, but I'm thinking if I did go with the 22" wheels I'd get a set of 20" for winter as there are very few winter tires for the 22" size.

I think it is complete, at least for now. In any case there will only be one shipment of First Editions. Only a few hundred to the U.S., one per dealership. So you only get a crack at it one time and you better be the first to order a First Edition from you preferred dealership, or you are out of luck and the color question will be moot. The whole point of the First Edition is you won't be able to simply order one whenever you feel like it.

I also badly wanted the Caesium Blue, and I checked a number of sources. The First Edition (with the steering wheel on the left side) in Caesium Blue is not coming to the U.S. Silver only for the First Edition, and no Caesium Blue for the non-First Editions in the US in 2016. What that likely means is you will be able to order an R or S or other model (but not First Edition) in the 2017 calendar year, possibly in Caesium Blue.

I didn't just talk to my local dealership. I spoke to the Jaguar people, and complained about the country-specific configurators, but to no avail. Apparently they don't want to resource up to meet the demands of the U.S. market, so they made the decision to simplify the color choices and to offer options in much larger, more expensive (and inflexible) packages than they do in other countries.

If you want a F-Pace specific forum go here: Jaguar F-Pace Forum

No clutter about other Jag models, just the F-Pace. It seems to be predominately American, but does have a lot of international posters from Europe and Asia and other places.

Old 12-28-2015, 04:21 PM
TBW
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

In Belgium, if I select all the options that come standard with the US first Edition, the price is 30K€ more here... but at least we have it in caesium blue...

Old 12-28-2015, 07:10 PM

Thanks for the information, I really don't want it if it's not available in the blue. That color is the only reason I'd go for the First Edition over the S. Still not sold on the TFT instrument cluster too. I just wish the people I spoke with were more informative.

I didn't even know they had brochures for the F-PACE on their site.
http://www.jaguarusa.com/request-a-brochure/index.html

Also looking at the XE brochure Caesium Blue will be available in the summer. Some of the decisions Jaguar is making for the US is leaving me confused.

Last edited by Bellanca_XF; 12-28-2015 at 11:15 PM.
Old 12-29-2015, 02:16 AM
TBW
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Some of the decisions Jaguar is making for everywhere is leaving me confused... why so different First Edition ... Equipment, color, etc... this limited edition should be exclusive and the same all over the word...

Btw, I ordered a First Edition in caesium blue after seeing it at Frankfurt... really nice looking SUV in this color.

Initially Caesium blue was not available on the XE, I guess Jaguar will probably make it also available for the F-Pace later...

Old 12-29-2015, 05:37 AM

Thanks for the information, I really don't want it if it's not available in the blue. That color is the only reason I'd go for the First Edition over the S. Still not sold on the TFT instrument cluster too. I just wish the people I spoke with were more informative.

I didn't even know they had brochures for the F-PACE on their site.
Download a Brochure | Jaguar USA

Also looking at the XE brochure Caesium Blue will be available in the summer. Some of the decisions Jaguar is making for the US is leaving me confused.
Dealers are often the last people to learn anything helpful. It's frustrating to shop for a car - any car - and discover that you know more about a model than the dealer's sales reps know. That happened to me when I took a test drive in a 2015 Stingray C7. The sales rep didn't even understand all the driving modes. The same thing happened when I test drove the new Lexus RC F. If I sold cars, I'd learn everything there was to learn about the model I was hawking. I'd make darn sure I knew more about the car than the buyers.

Old 12-29-2015, 07:16 AM

Originally Posted by Plainsman
Dealers are often the last people to learn anything helpful. It's frustrating to shop for a car - any car - and discover that you know more about a model than the dealer's sales reps know. That happened to me when I took a test drive in a 2015 Stingray C7. The sales rep didn't even understand all the driving modes. The same thing happened when I test drove the new Lexus RC F. If I sold cars, I'd learn everything there was to learn about the model I was hawking. I'd make darn sure I knew more about the car than the buyers.
That's true, but it's frustrating when you converse with Jaguat directly and they don't know what I'm asking and direct me to contact a dealership. I do think there is a lack of communication between the automaker and the manufacturer(but I also think a lot of the sales reps just don't know their product); my sister is a sales zone manager for Ford and she tells me that they're the last to hear about everything.

I'm just wondering if the F-PACE will be available in Caesium Blue for us eventually, I'd hold out if I knew it was coming in the second model year.