F-Pace (X761) / C-X17 2016 - Onwards

Android Auto

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2019, 11:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Android Auto

Hello from Lubbock Texas!! Just got my 2017 F-pace S a couple of weeks ago and wasn't sure how I can get Android Auto to work. Does anyone have any ideas ? Thanks!!

Old 03-19-2019, 09:37 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Android Auto and Apple CarPlay are only available on ICTP systems and require a software update to at least 18B. Once updated the dealer will need to enable the Smartphone Pack for AA and CP support. Some dealers may want to charge $300ish to enable, others have enabled for free.

Old 04-09-2019, 04:31 PM
Veteran Member
Received 714 Likes on 408 Posts

Creeping about, joining you from the f-type side of things. Trying to discover all the settings on my 2019, I finally found the connectivity menu where you're supposed to be able to pair your Android device and set the settings.

If I am seeing a pop-up that says "connect a compatible device to view settings" whenever I touch the "Android device settings"/"set preferences for Android devices button", that might mean they have not turned on the capacity in my car? Or is there some other arcane information I am missing?🤔🤷*♀️🤷*♂️

Old 12-06-2019, 10:11 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Gorgon
Android Auto and Apple CarPlay are only available on ICTP systems and require a software update to at least 18B. Once updated the dealer will need to enable the Smartphone Pack for AA and CP support. Some dealers may want to charge $300ish to enable, others have enabled for free.
​​​​​​

Have you had the Smartphone Pack successfully installed? If not, do you know anyone that has?

Old 12-06-2019, 11:46 AM

I had 18C installed with the SmartPhone pack enabled at my 2nd annual service in January and have been using CarPlay for almost a year. With the latest ICTP update of 19B the SmartPhone pack should be enabled by default. Also, those with 18B or better may start seeing OTA updates in ICTP for updates to the 19B release.

Old 12-06-2019, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Fishbits
Creeping about, joining you from the f-type side of things. Trying to discover all the settings on my 2019, I finally found the connectivity menu where you're supposed to be able to pair your Android device and set the settings.

If I am seeing a pop-up that says "connect a compatible device to view settings" whenever I touch the "Android device settings"/"set preferences for Android devices button", that might mean they have not turned on the capacity in my car? Or is there some other arcane information I am missing?🤔🤷*♀️🤷*♂️
You can't change the settings for Android Auto or Apple CarPlay until you've connected a device via USB cable. This option basically allows you to set a preference to launch AA/CP by default or not when your phone is connected moving forward.

Old 12-09-2019, 02:16 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Gorgon
I had 18C installed with the SmartPhone pack enabled at my 2nd annual service in January and have been using CarPlay for almost a year. With the latest ICTP update of 19B the SmartPhone pack should be enabled by default. Also, those with 18B or better may start seeing OTA updates in ICTP for updates to the 19B release.
Do you have the 8" screen or the 10" screen? If you have the 8", which dealership did you go to and who was your service adviser?

Old 12-09-2019, 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by Erok
Do you have the 8" screen or the 10" screen? If you have the 8", which dealership did you go to and who was your service adviser?
10” InControl Touch Pro screen. Android Auto/Apple CarPlay updates are not available for the 8” InControl Touch system.