F-Pace (X761) / C-X17 2016 - Onwards

Windshield replacement issue

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2020, 11:08 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Windshield replacement issue

Did anyone here experience glare on Fpace replacement windshield?
Just had my cracked windshield replace and noticed that my dashboard glares on my windshield. Took it to the dealer for them to check and I was told that there is nothing they can do (WHAT?).
Also, my back up camera pointing on my license plate and again dealer told me they cant do anything about it
All this problem showed up after I changed my windshield with the dealer recommended company
Please help

Old 06-08-2020, 09:56 AM
Received 56 Likes on 40 Posts

You didn't tell us what my the vehicle is, also, is it under warranty?

Old 06-09-2020, 11:33 AM
Received 100 Likes on 82 Posts

Dealer recommended company doesnt mean they used Jag windshield. Normally with replacement of jag windshield, you may need to reteach camera(s) if installed. Rear view camera will show a little license plate, but i have seen the camera lens move around internally. Replacement can fix this.

Old 06-10-2020, 07:36 AM
Received 272 Likes on 189 Posts

Originally Posted by KingFala
You didn't tell us what my the vehicle is, also, is it under warranty?
That would help as the King said. Are you under warranty? Is AZ for Arizona in the US?

If there's another dealer nearby, maybe go to them or put in a complaint to Jaguar USA.

Old 06-15-2020, 02:53 PM
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by loca666
Did anyone here experience glare on Fpace replacement windshield?
Just had my cracked windshield replace and noticed that my dashboard glares on my windshield. Took it to the dealer for them to check and I was told that there is nothing they can do (WHAT?).
Also, my back up camera pointing on my license plate and again dealer told me they cant do anything about it
All this problem showed up after I changed my windshield with the dealer recommended company
Please help
Why did you not get a factory windshield ? look in the lower right of the windshield from the outside that will tell you all about that windshield, seems to me this one doesn't have the UV block in it.that is why you have the glare, not safe to me. I wounder of it even has the reduced sound as part of the aftermarket windshield,

How does changing a windshield effect the rear camera ?

Thanks
DP

The following users liked this post:
JacksonvilleJag (06-16-2020)
Old 06-14-2023, 08:37 PM
Received 39 Likes on 28 Posts

Shortly after delivery of our brand new Ultra Blue 2023 F-PACE SVR I got a grapefruit size hit to the middle of the windshield. I immediately contacted my auto insurance company who referred me to their preferred provider, SafeLite. Six weeks later and I'm still waiting on a replacement Jaguar OEM windshield. I'm told that it won't arrive for at least one more week. In the meantime the SUV sits in my garage while on a battery tender. Unfortunately, the SUV can't pass the state safety inspection with the damaged windshield. Probably for the best since a 2-1/2 inch crescent shaped chunk of the exterior glass is missing. I hate to be a pessimist but with the HUD, all the sensors, and heating coils in the windshield I hope that the 3rd party supplier SafeLite uses hasn't ordered the incorrect windshield or the darn thing doesn't get damaged in shipment. It was bad anuff being unable to get a delivery ETA for one month. Trying to determine which SafeLite dealer would be doing the work was an ordeal in and of itself since SafeLite only publishes a variety of corporate "800" numbers and those people have been useless. I've yet been able to determine which Jaguar dealer the SafeLite supplier ordered from. It would be nice to know whether the windshield awaits manufacture from Pilkington, the windshield is aboard a slow boat from China, or if there is a Jaguar spare somewhere in the US or elsewhere. Alas, SafeLite doesn't seem to know anything. Not a good experience. Perhaps SafeLite should use Amazon as a supplier.

Old 07-17-2023, 08:46 AM
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

I used Safelite for my windscreen replacement. They used an aftermarket unit and it replicates the original perfectly. The tech had to re-calibrate all the electronics which are in the upper middle. I believe the camera was part of the re-calibration.
I would query Safelite about this. They may be able to solve the problem.

Old 07-17-2023, 07:22 PM
Received 39 Likes on 28 Posts

Actually, after seven weeks for a Jaguar OEM windshield I was pleasantly surprised by the local Safelite dealer in Portsmouth, NH. They were so fastidious and professional with the windshield replacement. The only hiccup was that the stereo speakers were all fouled up. However, after a few ignition stops and starts everything was back to normal. It's strange how replacing a windshield can temporarily do unrelated things to a vehicle. But, I'm happy. No! I'm ecstatic about the happy ending thanks to the local Safelite dealer.