F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

**Fuel Filler Neck FIX** out now!

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2015, 12:45 PM
Received 390 Likes on 207 Posts
Default **Fuel Filler Neck FIX** out now!

This is more for California cars, but if you've experienced the issue where the gas nozzle constantly clicks off when you're refueling, you'll be happy to know that a revised fuel filler neck has been released as a service bulletin.

The following 4 users liked this post by WhiteTardis:
Buckingham (10-06-2015), buickfunnycar.com (10-06-2015), Misujerr (04-09-2017), schraderade (10-07-2015)
Old 10-06-2015, 01:03 PM
Received 178 Likes on 87 Posts

Yes, I got word of this yesterday from JLR corporate. I had my car in for service last week and this was one of the issues I asked the dealer to address. Unfortunately the fix bulletin was released right at the time I picked up my car from the dealer and they were not aware of it yet. My service advisor did say that he expected a fix similar to the XF soon due to the same problem.

I was told yesterday a new filler tube neck was ordered for my car and I will be contacted when it arrives.

I must say that I have been in contact with Jaguar UK and JLR corporate and the people I spoke to about this issue were excellent, very concerned and very accommodating. It sounds like they have had enough complaints that a fix was issued.

The following users liked this post:
buickfunnycar.com (10-06-2015)
Old 10-06-2015, 01:41 PM
Veteran Member
Received 333 Likes on 231 Posts

Sounds great, thanks guys...!

Old 10-06-2015, 01:53 PM
Veteran Member

Just talked to my local dealer (not my originating dealer) and he told me that service bulletins don't cover all cars like a recall does but rather on a case-by-case basis. I didn't want to argue with him so I'll drop the car off next week and we'll play by his rules.

Old 10-06-2015, 02:35 PM
Received 390 Likes on 207 Posts

Originally Posted by buickfunnycar.com
Just talked to my local dealer (not my originating dealer) and he told me that service bulletins don't cover all cars like a recall does but rather on a case-by-case basis. I didn't want to argue with him so I'll drop the car off next week and we'll play by his rules.
Your best bet in situations like that is recording it. That was the technician can forward it to JLR's tech helpline. I see you are in Monterey. Are you going to Jaguar Marin?

buickfunnycar.com (10-06-2015)
Old 10-06-2015, 02:39 PM
Veteran Member

I bought at Jaguar SJ but I'm taking it to Monterey Jaguar...

Old 10-06-2015, 04:22 PM
Received 270 Likes on 148 Posts

That's good to know. I'll request to have it done when I take it in for the first service. I've managed to find a local pump that works about 80% of the time without constantly cutting off. However whenever I use a different gas station, filling up can be quite tedious.

Old 10-07-2015, 09:26 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by LynxFX
That's good to know. I'll request to have it done when I take it in for the first service. I've managed to find a local pump that works about 80% of the time without constantly cutting off. However whenever I use a different gas station, filling up can be quite tedious...
I have found one less than 25 miles away from home that has worked almost flawlessly twice now so that's where I've been filling up.

Old 10-07-2015, 07:45 PM
Veteran Member
Received 256 Likes on 196 Posts

Originally Posted by LynxFX
That's good to know. I'll request to have it done when I take it in for the first service. I've managed to find a local pump that works about 80% of the time without constantly cutting off. However whenever I use a different gas station, filling up can be quite tedious.
Just mention to the dealer you are having the issue with the car, not I just want it done. Tech bulletins are usually on a complaint basis only. That will make it a much smoother process.

Socal_transplant (10-08-2015)
Old 10-07-2015, 08:52 PM
Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

My dealer just contacted me today about this TSB, they have the parts for the fix. I'm scheduled tomorrow. It should take a day max

Old 10-08-2015, 12:57 PM
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

I'm also confirmed for a service on this next week, but thought I'd pass along an interesting tip provided by my service advisor: turn the gas nozzle 30-40 degrees (left or right) to allow for better airflow. This should alleviate the constant clicking off. Haven't tried it yet but will report back on my findings.

Old 10-08-2015, 01:59 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Socal_transplant
I'm also confirmed for a service on this next week, but thought I'd pass along an interesting tip provided by my service advisor: turn the gas nozzle 30-40 degrees (left or right) to allow for better airflow. This should alleviate the constant clicking off. Haven't tried it yet but will report back on my findings...
Doesn't help...I've tried everything except standing on my head and it still clicks off every gallon or so.

Jaguar in NJ called me yesterday and I told Bridget that I had an appointment scheduled and read her the TB# and she made a note of it...it was news to her.

It sounds to me like I'll be leaving my car for the better part of a day without it getting fixed...sounds like I'll have to make a return trip for that...and that's the part I'm trying to avoid.

Old 10-08-2015, 02:21 PM

I'm also confirmed for a service on this next week, but thought I'd pass along an interesting tip provided by my service advisor: turn the gas nozzle 30-40 degrees (left or right) to allow for better airflow. This should alleviate the constant clicking off. Haven't tried it yet but will report back on my findings.
Originally Posted by buickfunnycar.com
Doesn't help...I've tried everything except standing on my head and it still clicks off every gallon or so.

Jaguar in NJ called me yesterday and I told Bridget that I had an appointment scheduled and read her the TB# and she made a note of it...it was news to her.

It sounds to me like I'll be leaving my car for the better part of a day without it getting fixed...sounds like I'll have to make a return trip for that...and that's the part I'm trying to avoid.
Same here, I have tried everything short of standing on my head as well. My service advisor said the same thing on my last visit prior to the bulletin. I got a free tank of gas from them while they jockeyed the nozzle to find an odd angle that almost worked.

I am getting the new fuel filler installed on Saturday and will let you know how it goes.

Old 10-08-2015, 02:35 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by jmfan
Same here, I have tried everything short of standing on my head as well. My service advisor said the same thing on my last visit prior to the bulletin. I got a free tank of gas from them while they jockeyed the nozzle to find an odd angle that almost worked.

I am getting the new fuel filler installed on Saturday and will let you know how it goes...
Jaguar SJ offered to go with me to the gas station and see what I was referring too but after waiting 4 hrs to get my car serviced and it getting late in the day, I declined.

I am printing all of this information up and running over to the dealer now to try and head things off at the pass, so to speak...will update later.

Old 10-08-2015, 04:24 PM
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Thank you buickfunnycar.com and jmfan for the info.

Old 10-08-2015, 05:04 PM

For anyone interested:

The official bulletin number is:
JTB00443NAS1 – Fuel Tank Difficult to Fill

Released on Sept. 30, 2015

It covers all coupes and convertibles

Years 2014 and up

VIN#’s K00001 and up

Situation: The fuel tank may be difficult to fill, with the fuel delivery 'cutting out' several times.

Cause: This may be caused by an insufficient flow rate of the fuel tank filler pipe.

Action: Should a customer express this concern, follow the Service Instruction below

Estimated repair time 2.5 hours

It requires these parts:

T2R21271 Fuel tank filler pipe - Convertible
T2R21272 Fuel tank filler pipe - Coupe
T2R21273 Protection shield

The following 2 users liked this post by jmfan:
Misujerr (04-09-2017), Orkney (05-06-2016)
Old 10-08-2015, 05:32 PM
Veteran Member

Well I brought all the paperwork to Brian the service advisor but he wasn't very interested in what I had to say, he says they must diagnose the issue first and then order the parts so it looks like I'll have to spend multiple days and more time than I want to getting this resolved...

Old 10-08-2015, 06:02 PM
Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by TwiztOG43
My dealer just contacted me today about this TSB, they have the parts for the fix. I'm scheduled tomorrow. It should take a day max
looks like it was finished in a couple hours. I dropped off the car 7am and just picked it up.

Was the first F-type they had the fix for so they didn't know how long it would take to replace in a real world situation.

Old 10-08-2015, 06:20 PM
Received 68 Likes on 39 Posts

I did this today and it worked. First I pulled the nozzle out about 2 inches from the full-in position. Then started the pump as usual. Had a shut-off after 2 gallons. Tired again, same result. Then I turned the nozzle handle a full 70 degrees to the left; at that point I had to hold it there; it won't stay there by itself. The tank filled normally from there to full.

This is not a great solution; you can't wash your windscreen while filling up for example. But, for those who are waiting for parts, or just don't want the hassle of the repair, it might work for you.

Old 10-08-2015, 09:10 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,636 Likes on 3,359 Posts

Before the filler neck replacement on mine, the nozzle rotation worked at some stations but not others. It is so nice, now, not to have to f$$$ with it.

Quick Reply: **Fuel Filler Neck FIX** out now!