Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2017 Jaguar Lobster Run???

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2017, 02:26 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,583 Likes on 856 Posts

Originally Posted by Mbourne
Oct. 5-8 works for me or any subset of that.
Why do you have to be so difficult Marko???

Old 07-17-2017, 06:01 PM
Veteran Member
Received 370 Likes on 256 Posts

I would not be able to commit to those dates until the end of the month because my work schedule isn't out that far.

Old 07-17-2017, 06:49 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Nati
I would not be able to commit to those dates until the end of the month because my work schedule isn't out that far.
That's perfectly fine Nati. By the end of the month - and we are talking the end of July, right? - I should definitely be able to determine whether we're a go or a no; if not before. Furthermore, I do not want anyone to feel compelled, obligated, or "locked" into coming.

Scarborough Jaguar is also going to send an e-mail blast to their F-Type client base; a surprisingly large number considering I rarely see many, or any, F-Types.

Stay tuned and please stay in touch.

Last edited by RickyJay52; 07-17-2017 at 06:54 PM.
Old 07-17-2017, 08:54 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,636 Likes on 3,359 Posts

I am bummed! Have to attend a niece's wedding that weekend. Failure to do so would result in MMD (massive marital discord), a major disturbance in the Force. (Dave, just stay quiet).

Last edited by Unhingd; 07-17-2017 at 08:57 PM.
Old 07-17-2017, 09:59 PM
Received 72 Likes on 27 Posts

Wonder how much it would cost to ship my F from Texas to Maine?!?!

Old 07-17-2017, 10:13 PM
Received 258 Likes on 148 Posts

To all those who are considering the 2017 Lobstah run. DO IT.

I had the good fortune to be able to attend the 2016 run for the first two days and loved every minute of it.

Jay is a fabulous host and put a tremendous amount of effort to assure a successful event.

Unfortunately I no longer live on the east coast and it's just too far to drive. To all those who do attend, I have no doubt you will have a weekend to remember.

to all those who are on the fence....Just do it. You will not regret it....

The following users liked this post:
RickyJay52 (07-17-2017)
Old 07-17-2017, 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by Canadairjet
Last year there was a car from Colorado, 2 day drive from Texas, and lots of great highways. You will not regret the adventure or the Lobster.

Old 07-17-2017, 10:19 PM

Maybe I need to organize a Stampede run for 2018??

Old 07-17-2017, 10:25 PM
Received 64 Likes on 43 Posts

I would be in 100%. Surprisingly Oct 1st would be my 1 year anniversary for having the f type. Great way to celebrate lol

Old 07-17-2017, 11:43 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by zach05855
Maybe I need to organize a Stampede run for 2018??
Brilliant idea and one in which I would like to make the following suggestion:

All Forum members Stampede over to Zach's stunning home where we each get to pick our choice of car. I get first dibs on the McLaren.

Thank you Zach (and Lisa).

Old 07-17-2017, 11:56 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Unhingd
I am bummed! Have to attend a niece's wedding that weekend. Failure to do so would result in MMD (massive marital discord), a major disturbance in the Force. (Dave, just stay quiet).
That is perfectly understandable as every Forum member here would much rather attend a nieces wedding versus eating lots of succulent lobster with butter, a possible visit to the Winslow Homer Studio in Prout's Neck* on the Atlantic Ocean and taking our F-Types around a private race track**. That's a no-brainer Lance. As we're all traipsing around the State of Maine we'll all be thinking of you as here comes the bride is playing.

*http://www.portlandmuseum.org/homer
**Of course all this is still very hypothetical at this stage (I have no idea whether a visit to Homer's studio is even possible...although I am trying).

Last edited by RickyJay52; 07-18-2017 at 12:00 AM.
Old 07-18-2017, 12:05 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Prophizee
I would be in 100%. Surprisingly Oct 1st would be my 1 year anniversary for having the f type. Great way to celebrate lol
Nothing is 100% - not even Lance attending his nieces wedding (the wedding could still be called off..or perhaps Lance will call it off) - but I like your style Prophizee.

Happy Anniversary (hint: they come quickly). Should this "thing" transpire we'll drink a toast to your 1 year Anniversary. And to the bride.

Old 07-18-2017, 12:12 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Canadairjet
Asks the gentlemen with the moniker of: Canadairjet.

Where there's a will there's a way*

We had an esteemed member who had all intentions of attending the 2016 'Run' - driving from Texas - until a sudden and unfortunate family emergency befell him (thankfully it all worked out beautifully for him and his family).

*There's always riding shotgun with DJS. And knowing Dave, he might even let you drive his wonderful red vert. Provided you keep it under 3,000 revs.

Old 07-18-2017, 07:22 AM
Received 87 Likes on 57 Posts

RickyJay this sounds like an awesome event and Zach is selling it up nicely.
My GF sister lives just outside of Boston so I'd be a fool to not consider it.

Put his Cdn down for a strong maybe at this point and I will do some planning.

Thanks, John

Old 07-18-2017, 07:38 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Fjmviper
RickyJay this sounds like an awesome event and Zach is selling it up nicely.
My GF sister lives just outside of Boston so I'd be a fool to not consider it.

Put his Cdn down for a strong maybe at this point and I will do some planning.

Thanks, John
Good morning John.

Zach is very kind indeed and an esteemed member of this community and a "maybe" - at this stage - is all I actually want. If I cannot put together what I would like to do, I'm not going to have you or others drive great distances only to make Zach out to be a liar!

I'm still in the process of making some calls to see what's what and will be posting a yeah or a nay soon.

Old 07-18-2017, 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by RickyJay52
Brilliant idea and one in which I would like to make the following suggestion:

All Forum members Stampede over to Zach's stunning home where we each get to pick our choice of car. I get first dibs on the McLaren.

Thank you Zach (and Lisa).
WOW Cowboy. Not so fast.

Old 07-18-2017, 11:04 AM
DJS
Veteran Member
Received 2,064 Likes on 1,369 Posts

Originally Posted by zach05855
Not so fast.
You must not have been behind Jay on I-95.

Old 07-19-2017, 06:05 PM
Veteran Member
Received 196 Likes on 136 Posts

+1......this year I plan to be in & fill the arteries with that Lobster and "Butter", Sweets, and other things. Jay.....I hope this goes through as painless as possible, and fall in New England is always my favorite (spoken as a true Jersey Guy, born and raised)

Old 07-20-2017, 10:58 AM
Veteran Member

And I'd be delighted to see you Joe IF this comes together (and that is largely dependent on how many F's attend). I believe I can confirm that by the end of this month.

I did wish to provide a little further glimpse into what this 2017 Jaguar Lobster Run might entail; although there are numerous details I still have to iron out; including hotel accomodations. Here's a very rough idea of what I can foresee:

THURSDAY OCT 5 (for those wishing to arrive on that Thursday):

4:00 PM - Meet here: https://www.mainemeadworks.com/
5:00-5:30 PM - Have pizza delivered to Maine Mead Works from here: Welcome to Otto Portland | Otto Portland
6:00 PM - Walk here (right next door to Maine Mead Works): https://www.hardshoredistilling.com

Keep in mind that both the Maine Mead Works & Hardshore Distilling Company are merely small tastings...as they should be.

FRIDAY OCT 6

7:00 AM - Drive here: The Purple House

It is my hope to be able to drive to, and tour, this: Winslow Homer Studio | Portland Museum of Art (All I can say is I'm working on it).

Another option might be a visit to: Home | Portland Museum of Art

In lieu of that, perhaps a drive to: https://portlandheadlight.com/about-us

Lunch and Dinner to be determined, but options are the following (among others):
Scales Restaurant Portland Maine
Emilitsa | Traditional Greek Restaurant in Portland, Maine | Home

SATURDAY OCT 7

Light but amazing breakfast here: http://standardbakingco.com

I spoke to the curator of a major private automobile collection two days ago. The good news is he's a terrific guy and sounded like the owner would be quite amiable to our visit (and that doesn't happen often). The bad news is he will not be around that week (he'll be in Hershey, PA). I'll continue to see what, if anything, I can do about a visit here.

An alternative is another collection of automobiles - supposed always over 300 - (although I suspect that the owner might also be in Hershey that day).

Drive for Lunch or early Dinner here: Reds Eats

SUNDAY OCT 8

My fantastic dealer, Scarborough Jaguar/Land Rover - who, by the way, is totally on board and supportive of this event should it transpire - can either open their doors to us for breakfast but is also looking at track time at a private race track...and they will be getting back to me (as well as sending an e-mail blast to their F-Type customer base [re] their interest) soon. They might even, perhaps in lieu of track time, pay for a lunch or dinner (like I said, they are FANTASTIC!).

I have also put the wheels in motion about having T-Shirts made (using the template for my design for the 2016 event; just altering colors of both the shirt and the design). "Problem" there is the guy who foot the bill for these last time no longer works for Continental Tire...but I am working around that as well.

Nothing more to add other than it's all still tentative. Like I've said, if I can't put something together to make it worthwhile for those, all, driving great distances - even if it's the journey and not the destination - I'm not gonna do it.

I will make that determination NO LATER THAN MONDAY JULY 31.

Last but not least, I realize that not all participants might want to take part in all festivities. And that's perfectly fine: provided I know of their intentions far in advance of the actual event.

Last edited by RickyJay52; 07-20-2017 at 07:34 PM.
Old 07-20-2017, 03:30 PM
Veteran Member

Well, somebody's got to sample this stuff!

Attached Thumbnails 2017 Jaguar Lobster Run???-img_1399.jpg