F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

770 Meridian Sound System - Speaker Question

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2017, 06:58 PM
Received 43 Likes on 29 Posts

Ok...I am happy to report, that my 2 year saga of the stereo issue has been fully resolved today, as a result of the recent TSB! Yup, I can hardly believe it...

This was my cars 4th trip in to attempt to get it resolved and this did it (dynomat, tape, replaced speakers, replaced amp along the way) & as many suspected, it was likely software all along (which is what the tsb modifies).

It has completely resolved the annoying 'tweeter buzz' noise. I would say that beyond the elimination of the buzzing (wrong frequencies going to the tweeter), the overall stereo sounds better as well.

I would say that the stereo is 'good', not a 'great' stereo, but I'm sure this is the quality that was intended out of the system. I am completely fine with it. This car is awesome and the stereo was just a nagging annoyance that just was just really unfortunate.

Still very disappointed on how JNA handled the issue, on the whole! It was constant avoidance/denial, when there was obviously something wrong with many vehicles. They have a long way to go to be competitive with the more proven manufacturers in this area (customer satisfaction/service)....but, it's water under the bridge at this point for me. I'm just happy I've got the killer crackle of the exhaust, PLUS a decent sounding stereo for when i need/want that.

Now...in an ironic twist of fate. After picking up the car from the dealership this afternoon and giving it a nice drive to test the stereo (and enjoy a sunny day finally), I was on the freeway, when a piece of drywall flew out of a construction truck ahead of me (over one lane) and smacked the R right in the nose! I couldn't believe it. It happened so fast...i didn't even want to pull over and look, as i knew I took a direct hit (nothing i could do to avoid)! when I did...yup, front bumper and grill damage! Sh*t

I had a full clear bra on the car and that did seem to reduce a fair amount of the damage, but not completely unfortunately. drywall went right thru in a few spots and caused scratches/gouges and also broke the lower part of the honeycomb grill). Unbelievable!

Oh well, no one was hurt fortunately, but i will be out my deductible on a claim and without the car for 6+ days (estimated). Such a buzz-kill on an otherwise great day.

Anyway...for the many of you that have been having the stereo issue, get your car scheduled for the TSB and enjoy how the stereo had meant to sound! ...and, be careful on that test drive! ;-)

Old 01-24-2017, 08:11 PM
Veteran Member
Received 624 Likes on 528 Posts

Glad the stereo was fixed. Why should be out anything. Dis you get the plate number or name of the company that owned the truck?

Old 01-25-2017, 12:38 AM

i didn't. it happened so fast & the truck was a few cars up in the adjacent lane. i didn't have anywhere to go (left was wall, right were cars). i slowed down as a result and didn't fully get my wits back together in time to process speeding up to catch up with the truck.

i pulled off the freeway an exit or two up to check the damage and make sure nothing was lodged under the car, etc.

in hindsight, i guess i would have tracked the truck down, but it just didn't come to me at the time.

Old 01-25-2017, 07:57 PM
Veteran Member
Received 370 Likes on 256 Posts

Originally Posted by FtypeRRR
i didn't. it happened so fast & the truck was a few cars up in the adjacent lane. i didn't have anywhere to go (left was wall, right were cars). i slowed down as a result and didn't fully get my wits back together in time to process speeding up to catch up with the truck.

i pulled off the freeway an exit or two up to check the damage and make sure nothing was lodged under the car, etc.

in hindsight, i guess i would have tracked the truck down, but it just didn't come to me at the time.
advertisement for a dash cam. they are good enough to catch license plates.

Old 02-02-2017, 03:36 PM
Veteran Member
Received 280 Likes on 214 Posts

How hard did you guys have to push to get JTB00537NAS1 on your coupe ? Had a quick chat with my service adviser and he said they would have to demonstrate the issue in the shop first...

Old 02-02-2017, 03:47 PM
Received 390 Likes on 207 Posts

Originally Posted by stmcknig
How hard did you guys have to push to get JTB00537NAS1 on your coupe ? Had a quick chat with my service adviser and he said they would have to demonstrate the issue in the shop first...
Take it to another dealer. Its a bulletin. Regardless if you have the symptoms, if the software isn't the correct version they need to update it.

Old 02-02-2017, 04:33 PM
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Not hard at all. I just told him that I was hearing a buzzing sound coming from the tweeter speakers, and that I had found the technical bulletin.

Old 02-02-2017, 04:59 PM
Veteran Member

I may tell them that Jag Corp says just fix it ;-)

Old 02-02-2017, 05:36 PM
Received 390 Likes on 207 Posts

I may tell them that Jag Corp says just fix it ;-)
shhhhhh....

Old 02-02-2017, 07:11 PM
Veteran Member

Well reading the TSB it seems it isn't confined to buzzing tweeters but the fact that the audio profile for the coupe is just plain wrong. Isn't that reason enough ;-) ?

Old 02-03-2017, 06:43 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well reading the TSB it seems it isn't confined to buzzing tweeters but the fact that the audio profile for the coupe is just plain wrong. Isn't that reason enough ;-) ?
I just got this update done yesterday, i just told my SA to make a service appointment for audio quality issues, and when i brought the car in, described the issue exactly as its written on the TSB, and suggested he write the TSB# down on the work order. EZPZ, they did the update and i had the car back the next day(also had a squeeking driver window that turned out to be a rock stuck in the trim)

Old 02-03-2017, 07:20 AM
Received 106 Likes on 81 Posts

I also got a run around from my dealer when I tried to schedule the update and was told that they cannot and do not just implement bulletins. He said they need to know that the problem exists on my car before they will do anything.
So, I described the problem exactly as described in the bulletin, they scheduled the work, and the result is fantastic.
I discussed this policy with Jaguar customer service and they simply said it is completely up to the dealer.
Larry

Old 02-03-2017, 10:51 AM
Veteran Member

Called my service guy this morning and was prepared to do battle but he said he had added it to the techs to-do list while they have my car for some other recall stuff (the canister/pipe one)...now if there was a way to confirm it gets done without the SDD tool...

Old 02-03-2017, 11:45 AM
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Called my service guy this morning and was prepared to do battle but he said he had added it to the techs to-do list while they have my car for some other recall stuff (the canister/pipe one)...now if there was a way to confirm it gets done without the SDD tool...
If you're displeased with the stereo right now then you should notice an obvious improvement.

Old 02-03-2017, 07:11 PM

i had a track record with trying to fix the stereo, so they just scheduled me and i gave them the tsb printout. worked great. very happy

Old 02-04-2017, 04:28 AM
Veteran Member
Received 624 Likes on 528 Posts

My car is currently hibernating, but I have been complaining about the stereo from the day I picked up the car. They originally jumped on the problem and replaced the amp to no avail. My service guy said last week he was not aware of the TSB. As soon as the weather clears I'm bringing it in, and TSB in hand. Thanks to all here.