F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Almost Worst in Service...?

Old 03-14-2019, 01:08 PM
Received 131 Likes on 91 Posts
Default Almost Worst in Service...?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money...orst/39200517/

Just read this morning that in the "Luxury" category (the other is "Mass Market"), JD Power has Jaguar second to the bottom in terms of Customer Satisfaction in Service:
"Land Rover was at the bottom of the luxury list (781), slightly below Jaguar (825). Both are owned by Tata Motors."

Interesting to know that Jag owners feel this way.

My experience at my first annual free service at the dealer was excellent, no better nor worse than at my previous & current BMW & Mercedes dealer service dept.
Made appointment online, dropped car off, got coffee, walked around checking out new vehicles at Jag & other makes' dealerships nearby, pickup up car an hour later fully serviced & car washed. Good experience.

Wonder how/why other Jag owners rated their service experience so poorly, given that Jaguar dealerships & their service dept are supposed to be "Luxury" experience...

Old 03-14-2019, 01:13 PM
DJS
Veteran Member
Received 2,062 Likes on 1,368 Posts

My local dealer has pissed me off so many times, I drove up to Maine to buy my XE - they're a class act. Haven't tried their service department yet, but have no reason to think it won't be just fine. Both Jags will be going up there for scheduled maintenance this spring.

Old 03-14-2019, 02:31 PM
Received 55 Likes on 49 Posts

The two Jaguar dealers I have been to for service in Westchester have been comically bad. One of my friends took his brand new Range Rover to an indy rather than deal with the dealer. I believe every bit of this. I have been to a few outside of Westchester and they seem to be much better and more together, but haven’t serviced there.

Old 03-14-2019, 02:47 PM
Veteran Member
Received 639 Likes on 409 Posts

Originally Posted by NavyBlue
Wonder how/why other Jag owners rated their service experience so poorly, given that Jaguar dealerships & their service dept are supposed to be "Luxury" experience...
Last year I had a jaguar dealer tell me I needed two $250 TPMS sensors because the brand new units I bought were defective and couldn’t be read by their tool. They worked just fine, but we’re in ship mode, which discount tire was able to remedy free of charge.

I will say I’m mostly happy with my last dealer, even if they are garbage at door causing issues... but Jaguar N.A.’s customer service is absolutely horrible, so if that’s included I’m not at all surprised.

Old 03-14-2019, 02:49 PM
Received 177 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by caviarjag
The two Jaguar dealers I have been to for service in Westchester have been comically bad. One of my friends took his brand new Range Rover to an indy rather than deal with the dealer. I believe every bit of this. I have been to a few outside of Westchester and they seem to be much better and more together, but haven’t serviced there.
When I was shopping around for my F-Type, I contacted Jaguar of White Plains with a question about one that they had in their inventory. I then got a form letter e-mail with the line, "Please let me know where you are in your decision-making process. It is a fine line separating proper customer follow-up and being outright bothersome, I do not wish to cross that line." I didn't write back, and got another identical e-mail. And then another, and another...
I got 22 of the same e-mail over the course of 3 months.

My next service is due in May, and I'll probably go try the dealer in Darien.

Old 03-14-2019, 03:52 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,583 Likes on 856 Posts

Originally Posted by DJS
My local dealer has pissed me off so many times, I drove up to Maine to buy my XE - they're a class act. Haven't tried their service department yet, but have no reason to think it won't be just fine. Both Jags will be going up there for scheduled maintenance this spring.
Scarborough Jaguar/Land Rover - in, where else but, Scarborough, Maine - IS A CLASS ACT. First class. Of course that starts with the brilliant General Manager Michael O’Rourke to the Service Department and Parts Department. I’ve had plenty of “dealership(s)” experience and from sales to service to parts (and customer hospitality) Scarborough Jaguar/Land Rover IS SECOND TO NONE.

I rest my case.

P.S. DJS, and others: The dealership - which just underwent a complete ground-up renovation - looks stunning - and I believe they are planning an “Official” Grand Opening in the Spring and I suggested that Mike start an post when he knows the actual date and perhaps some of our F-Type contingent might make the trip to attend?

Last edited by RickyJay52; 03-14-2019 at 04:00 PM.
The following users liked this post:
jaguny (03-14-2019)
Old 03-14-2019, 04:20 PM
Veteran Member
Received 301 Likes on 173 Posts

I believe it. They're just a company that can't seem to get their operations in order. It's such a shame given the rich history and prestige of the brand that management can't figure out how to deliver a customer experience worthy of their cars' price tags.

Old 03-14-2019, 04:24 PM
Received 81 Likes on 54 Posts

My one and only trip to the local dealer was a nightmare I had to threaten a law suit to get my car back from them. All it needed was a tire pressure monitor replaced due to a mistake by another dealer prior to me buying the car with full warranty.

Old 03-14-2019, 05:42 PM
Veteran Member
Received 624 Likes on 528 Posts

My dealer is excellent. We just had our LR4 serviced. As we had an issue with gear box, it had to be towed (it ended up being a software issue). They arranged for a local loaner and followed up with me to make sure we were satisfied with the loaner car. They typically drive the 90 miles to pick up either the F Type or the LR and drop a loaner. Prompt follow-up and communication. They pick up and drop off at home or work, or wherever you direct them to. They also will do this when the vehicles are out of warranty for no charge. No complaints.

Old 03-14-2019, 05:52 PM
Received 55 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Lani Kai
When I was shopping around for my F-Type, I contacted Jaguar of White Plains with a question about one that they had in their inventory. I then got a form letter e-mail with the line, "Please let me know where you are in your decision-making process. It is a fine line separating proper customer follow-up and being outright bothersome, I do not wish to cross that line." I didn't write back, and got another identical e-mail. And then another, and another...
I got 22 of the same e-mail over the course of 3 months.

My next service is due in May, and I'll probably go try the dealer in Darien.

In contrast, I called jaguar Larchmont a dozen times and left several messages trying to schedule my two year service. I finally called the sales floor and let them have it. My first jaguar, a 2011 XF was serviced in New Rochelle. The place was a dump at the time, like crappy corner gas station level. I heard they have remodeled since then. They gave me the dirtiest Volvo wagon I have ever seen as a loaner. Literally trash in it. Meanwhile my Audi dealer just gave my a brand new q8 while my car is in for service. To my dismay, their plan probably worked. Now my wife wants it.

i have heard good things about Darien.

Old 03-15-2019, 06:30 AM
Veteran Member
Received 624 Likes on 528 Posts

Being in a service business myself, I don't understand how a dealer can survive on providing bad service. They must be in an area where there a lot of people to run through or they sell used cars on the side. A brand like Jaguar and even LandRover has a lot of competition, especially in today's very knowledgable market and information rich internet. These are not commodity vehicles. I don't get it. These guys should be out of business, unless they are making their money elsewhere. I am on my third JLR vehicle, and not driving a BMW due to the product and service available in my area.

Old 03-15-2019, 07:37 AM
Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

My dealer is in Annapolis which is more than an hour away. Have had 1 service and 1 repair when the beast decided I wasn't going to be able to get out. Both times the service was excellent. I agree that JNA isn't really all that.

Old 03-15-2019, 07:57 AM
Received 175 Likes on 131 Posts

An adage in car and boat sales:

"The sales floor sells the first one. The service dept. sells the rest."

My dealer has been fine. They are under new ownership, so we'll see if "fine" continues.

When I take the car in for service, it's always accompanied by a dozen or two donuts. Makes the techs remember me.

Old 03-15-2019, 11:51 AM
Received 149 Likes on 82 Posts

This is my first Jaguar, and I expected a really super service (not sure why, probably because of the price) and it turned out to be the very worse I ever received in any dealership. The worst is the lying. They actually lied right to my face in many occasion. I ended up winning the last round with them simply because I amassed proofs of their deceptions. Short of that, they would have just dismissed me.

Old 03-15-2019, 12:05 PM
Received 131 Likes on 91 Posts

I love the way my local BMW dealership does it: They have at least 2 - 3 young porters to greet you as you drive up to the service lanes, to check you in, to walk you to your service adviser, or just to change light bulbs, fill fluids, clean windshields, etc... Nice little touch when to overpay for a luxury car...

Old 03-15-2019, 02:13 PM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Economist Article - Related

Seems like this thread goes to support the one about the Economist Article. My local dealer has been fine for service, but the rest of the dealership is a joke. When I was looking to move from Porsche to Jaguar, I went in and test drove the F-Type for the first time. Was surprisingly impressed and told the salesperson that while on test drive. He knew I was a qualified buyer and he had the chance to conquer Porsche for my next car. After returning to dealership and talking about options, I left contact info, but he never contacted me, ever. Their waiting area is from the 80s complete with a TV that is 2 feet thick. The atmosphere is like a morgue. Such a shame, because I think Jaguar has a decent line-up.

Old 03-15-2019, 03:15 PM
Received 227 Likes on 172 Posts

Mu experiences with my local Jaguar and Range Rover dealer (they were once separate, but now combined) have always been pretty good.

My experience with "Carmen" from the Jaguar Customer Care team in New Jersey was sufficiently poor that I won't be buying another JLR product.

Old 03-15-2019, 04:11 PM
Veteran Member
Received 497 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by NavyBlue
[BMW dealer] have at least 2 - 3 young porters to greet you as you drive up to the service lanes, to check you in, to walk you to your service adviser, or just to change light bulbs, fill fluids, clean windshields, etc... Nice little touch when to overpay for a luxury car...
Our Honda dealer does that too.

Old 03-15-2019, 08:12 PM
Veteran Member
Received 209 Likes on 186 Posts

My dealer is very good, not always perfect but they try to be. Best you can ask, and I always get great loaners, last time a RR Velar!

Old 03-15-2019, 08:57 PM
Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts

Dealer #1: Trying to SCHEDULE an oil change. Service Advisor said they are booked 2 months out for the next available spot. Said he was the only one working there. He told me to call back tomorrow. Called back the following day. Said he had no idea when he could get me in for an oil change. Gave me his personal cell phone number to contact him. Hard Pass.

Dealer #2: Got me in for an oil change within the week. Had a brand new Volvo SUV ready to go as a loaner for a few hours. Everyone at the dealership was very friendly. Will be returning back to this dealership for future visits. The Advisor did say he has only serviced 3 F Types in the area...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Almost Worst in Service...?