F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Almost Worst in Service...?

Old 03-16-2019, 05:44 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,636 Likes on 3,359 Posts

Originally Posted by EJag66
My dealer is in Annapolis which is more than an hour away. Have had 1 service and 1 repair when the beast decided I wasn't going to be able to get out. Both times the service was excellent. I agree that JNA isn't really all that.
My dealer (sales and service) in West Columbia, MD has been outstanding as well, patiently working through some early production issues with me and satisfactorily addressing all issues. Loaner vehicles always made available. If a dealer demo wasn't available they would get me into an Enterprise car within 10-15 minutes. I believe the quality of the service is indeed a function of the competition. I could just as easily go to any of the other 3 dealers in the area, which includes Annapolis.

Old 03-16-2019, 11:46 PM
Received 63 Likes on 43 Posts

so i had a contending experience today...

i went to the Torrance, CA dealer to take a look at one of the 2 2019 F Type R convertibles they have on their website. i talk to the salesman for a minute, i'm a recent XF owner and i tell him i'm interested in upgrading. he says that neither of the 2 cars has been prepped yet, and i can take a look but they can't be test driven. the've been on the lot at least 4 months by now, so make what you will of that. i told him i'd take a look at the grey one and he went to bring it around, allegedly.

so 10 minutes go by and nothing. 15, nothing. at 20, i get a manager who says he'll check. at 30, still nothing and i leave. way to build brand loyalty guys...

Old 03-17-2019, 06:09 AM
Veteran Member
Received 624 Likes on 528 Posts

Originally Posted by uclabrruin1989
so i had a contending experience today...

i went to the Torrance, CA dealer to take a look at one of the 2 2019 F Type R convertibles they have on their website. i talk to the salesman for a minute, i'm a recent XF owner and i tell him i'm interested in upgrading. he says that neither of the 2 cars has been prepped yet, and i can take a look but they can't be test driven. the've been on the lot at least 4 months by now, so make what you will of that. i told him i'd take a look at the grey one and he went to bring it around, allegedly.

so 10 minutes go by and nothing. 15, nothing. at 20, i get a manager who says he'll check. at 30, still nothing and i leave. way to build brand loyalty guys...

I'll convey the opposite of this experience. My son and I went to the annual dealer's car show in Western NY in February of 2016 (the year I bought my car). So we see the Jaguar display, and I too had an XF. Looking over a IRR f type, I told the salesman I was interested in upgrading, but since it was midwinter, not likely I could get a test drive. So we walk away after discussing the car. Not 3 minutes go by, salesman catches up with me and says he called the GM and they are prepping a car for me to test drive. With dealership only 20 minutes away, we couldn't pass it up. My son I went and test drive a V8S for quite lengthy drive in winter on performance tires (carefully though). They couldn't have been more interested and accommodating. Maybe they are selling f types too easily in your area, but doesn't sound like it. I have found the 3 dealers in (Western and Eastern) New York to be all very accommodating and friendly when I was shopping. The Eastern NY dealer let my associate who was with me, test drive an f type also, and he had no intention of buying one.We were walk-ins with no previous appointment.

Old 03-17-2019, 06:39 AM
Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts

It all depends on Management philosophy. Good Manager = good service.

I don't even bother reading anything about cars in any newspaper. Their "car experts" will say anything to fit their intended criteria. They couldn't find their a@@ with both hands in their back pockets.

Consumer Reports is another lost cause concerning cars. When the yearly "car issue" arrives,I don't even open it. I just throw it away. They should stick to toaster ovens and washing machines.

Fields Jaguar in Northfield,IL has been great so far. Fields Infiniti was great,too.