XJ ( X351 ) 2009 - 2019

Worst Jaguar Service Department in Toronto!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2014, 12:17 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default This is why Mercedes, BMW and Audi is killing Jaguar in sales!

This is why Mercedes, BMW and Audi is killing Jaguar, it's because of their service departments.
I just picked up my car from the dealership and this is what I got in return...

A car that came out with only half of the problems fixed that it went in with and I now have to bring the car in for another appointment to finish the work. This is the second time I've had the car in for service in the six weeks that I own the thing. But that's not the worst part!

The loaners this dealership gives out are disgustingly dirty! I mean, clean your cars! Your loaners are a representation of the brands you sell! I never have this issue when servicing my wife's Mercedes and I certainly never had this issue when I serviced my former BMW's either. But that's not the worst part!!

When the dealership gets my car, it always goes in clean, however, when I pick it up, it ALWAYS comes back dirty. How does that even happen?! But that's not the worst part!!!

I had the dealership refinish my wheels as part of the negotiations when purchasing the XJL six weeks ago, and I'm real **** and have OCD, so my car is always clean and I'm very careful when parking my car and when I get it back this time, the front driver's side wheel has a nasty curb rash on it!

So I call my sales rep back (who I was just talking to before I left the dealership) and he tells me that a Volvo customer of his complained about the same thing (it's a joint Jaguar/Land Rover/Volvo dealership) and that he thinks there is someone sabotaging the customers vehicles.

Coventry, you should be reading this thread and listening to your clients. This is why Mercedes, BMW and Audi are killing you guys! It's not your cars, it's your dealerships and their service departments!

Now, I'm not one to publicly bash any company online, as I too am a business owner and no one is immune to dropping the ball, but Jaguar needs to seriously think twice about who they allow to sell and most importantly, service their cars.

Signed,

A very pissed off Jaguar owner who should've stayed with the top 2...

P.s Let's see how this one pans out...

Will update soon

Last edited by LuxeDrive; 10-09-2014 at 12:22 PM.
Old 10-09-2014, 03:13 PM
Veteran Member
Received 18,480 Likes on 7,450 Posts

Contact Forum member Pete@Jaguar for any assistance.

Old 10-09-2014, 03:22 PM
Veteran Member
Received 482 Likes on 403 Posts

I had problems on my XKR that were never resolved by my local dealer. Lucky for them, the warranty ran out.

Old 10-09-2014, 09:22 PM
Veteran Member
Received 259 Likes on 205 Posts

My dealer in the Toronto area is 'Jaguar Metro West' and the service is excellent in my opinion.. never, ever have had a problem.
Sales guy is Dominic Bertucci and he also is on top of things.
Sorry to hear that you are having a poor experience.. I don't know the Coventry dealer, but I understand 'Budd's' is pretty good too.
My dealer picks up my car and delivers it back for service, if I choose, and if I come in the mechanic comes over to speak with me about the car etc. etc..
Lawrence.

Old 10-10-2014, 04:50 AM
Received 122 Likes on 75 Posts

Hi,

I am very sorry to hear of the poor experience you have had at a Jaguar Authorised Retailer.

I have sent you a PM and would ask that you reply in order to allow this to be looked into further.

Many thanks,
Pete

The following 3 users liked this post by CRC@Jaguar:
Jayt2 (10-10-2014), JimC64 (10-10-2014), Mikey (10-10-2014)
Old 10-10-2014, 05:18 AM
Veteran Member
Received 9,005 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Originally Posted by Pete@Jaguar
Hi,
I am very sorry to hear of the poor experience you have had at a Jaguar Authorised Retailer.
I have sent you a PM and would ask that you reply in order to allow this to be looked into further.
Many thanks,Pete
Pete, thanks for getting involved with this, I know that you are UK based and this is in Toronto, where you have no jurisdiction as it were.
Anything you can do to help, is appreciated as always.

We were hoping at some point for a US / Canadian version of yourself to become available, would be really beneficial I think.

Originally Posted by LuxeDrive
This is why Mercedes, BMW and Audi is killing Jaguar, it's because of their service departments.
I just picked up my car from the dealership and this is what I got in return..................
A very pissed off Jaguar owner who should've stayed with the top 2...

P.s Let's see how this one pans out...
Will update soon
OP - Sorry to hear of your issues, but have to say that this is not necessarily Jaguars fault, or at least not entirely.

We have many posts about Jaguar dealers and although there are many negatives, we also have many positive posts about how good their dealership is.

Its as much down to people and individuals as anything.

The 2 Audi dealerships I used for my A6 for example were both exactly the same, it terms of type of location / distance / size / pricing etc etc
But there were like "night and day" in terms of actual service.

It was the people, the personnel that made the difference.

Just my 2c

Old 10-10-2014, 01:52 PM
Received 55 Likes on 49 Posts

My dealership experience was equally disappointing. No loaners at all. The waiting room/reception was literally older and dirtier than your average corner gas station service shop's waiting room. The service area location was separate from the actual dealer and in the middle of nowhere. And to top it all off, they included a free upgrade to a grease covered headliner when fixing the sunroof rattle on my xf. This was a dealer in one of the wealthiest areas in the northeast. Fortunately, they have new competition in the area that is far better.

Old 10-11-2014, 10:48 AM
Veteran Member
Received 513 Likes on 413 Posts

I live in North Atlanta and a couple of years ago the Jaguar Dealer franchise changed to another first rate owner. In their and Jaguar's wisdom my service staff (Service Advisor and 2 lead techs) were transferred to the new franchise. I have used the same guys for 10+ years and couldn't be happier. Their friendliness, professionalism, and attention to detail are way beyond what I have seen or heard of elsewhere. The lead tech is so accomplished and respected that people that have older models of Jaguar will have them trucked in to be worked on. To my knowledge they have never been stumped and fix it right 99 times out of a 100 on the first appointment. The Dealer is North Point Jaguar Land Rover of the Hennessey group, Pete is my service advisor and Keith and Mat are the technicians, they used to be at Nalley Jaguar before the franchise change.

I just had to chime in here as there are some exceptional dealers out there.

Last edited by XJsss; 10-11-2014 at 10:52 AM.
The following users liked this post:
JimC64 (10-11-2014)
Old 10-11-2014, 11:01 AM
Veteran Member
Received 9,005 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Originally Posted by XJsss
I live in North Atlanta and a couple of years ago the Jaguar Dealer franchise changed to another first rate owner. In their and Jaguar's wisdom my service staff (Service Advisor and 2 lead techs) were transferred to the new franchise. I have used the same guys for 10+ years and couldn't be happier. Their friendliness, professionalism, and attention to detail are way beyond what I have seen or heard of elsewhere. The lead tech is so accomplished and respected that people that have older models of Jaguar will have them trucked in to be worked on. To my knowledge they have never been stumped and fix it right 99 times out of a 100 on the first appointment. The Dealer is North Point Jaguar Land Rover of the Hennessey group, Pete is my service advisor and Keith and Mat are the technicians, they used to be at Nalley Jaguar before the franchise change.

I just had to chime in here as there are some exceptional dealers out there.

Thanks for that, Nalley used to get rave reviews off most members here that have used them, for parts too we had a great relationship before the changeover

Old 10-12-2014, 11:44 AM
Veteran Member
Received 513 Likes on 413 Posts

Actually Nalley still has a Jaguar franchise but it is in Greenville SC. They still honor the parts discount of (I think) 15% off MSRP to Jaguarforums members.

Jaguar Greenville
2668 Laurens Road
Greenville, SC 29607

Parts: (877) 906-2117

The following users liked this post:
JimC64 (10-12-2014)
Old 10-14-2014, 05:59 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Thank you all for your replies to this thread. Thank you to Pete@Jaguar for replying to me as well. I am working with the dealership and they are going to fix my issues and hopefully all goes well. For my own integrity, though, I won't name the dealership as it wouldn't be very fair to them but we'll see how this all pans out...

I definitely will not be servicing my car there any longer.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a Toronto based dealership that is known to have a great service department?

Thanks again, guys! Will update soon.

Nick
Toronto