Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Blown Engine - 2017 F Type R

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2017, 08:39 PM
Veteran Member
Received 156 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by JVIII
What's the total count right now of blown engines? And of course, they will blame the tuner.
Read Post $70 & #103 in this thread. Here is the OP's original post identifying tuner in this case early on in the thread. An expert that does FULLY understand tuning laid out some cautions for the OP in post #55 of that thread. In that post you can see where an un-knowledgeable tuner could easily screw up and run a car far too lean. If the OP did run his car too lean due to a tune and that lead to oil starvation then yea, it could well be the tune.
https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f...100-hp-178358/

Last edited by ndabunka; 12-04-2017 at 09:12 PM.
Old 12-04-2017, 09:16 PM
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by DamesJagFtypeR
Well I knew I wasn’t the only with this pathetic situation. Facts: 4500 miles and this motor was done. Mods: Venturi intake, blower pulley, & Capristo cat-back exhaust. Big deal and entry level mods.This is the least modified car I own. The Collection in Coral Gables basically told me to get lost. With that said is anyone here dialed in yet with a Magnuson-Moss law or lemon law attorney before I have this piece of crap parted out? It was fun while it lasted and constant battery problems and zero oil warning problems and water pump problems. All in I’m out $170k. My Aston Martin Vanquish Volante is way more modified and never skips a beat after daily beatings. TeamDame on instagram
In all fairness, you could have walked into The Collection with a fistful of cash to buy a new car and they STILL would have told you to get ****ed.

Old 12-04-2017, 11:56 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,637 Likes on 3,359 Posts

Originally Posted by ndabunka
Read Post $70 & #103 in this thread. Here is the OP's original post identifying tuner in this case early on in the thread. An expert that does FULLY understand tuning laid out some cautions for the OP in post #55 of that thread. In that post you can see where an un-knowledgeable tuner could easily screw up and run a car far too lean. If the OP did run his car too lean due to a tune and that lead to oil starvation then yea, it could well be the tune.
https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f...100-hp-178358/
+1. I was one of the first to have a F-Type tuned and took no chances during the developmental work. Each tune I tried was tested on a dyno while monitoring the lambda the whole time to ensure that the car was not allowed to go lean. Regarding the issue with the OP. a number of you can remember the intrigue and drama surrounding the originator of that tune (VMax).