F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Considering a new P450 RWD. Have many questions.

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2023, 07:32 PM
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Hey gang, found a car I'm willing to consider, but cannot make sense of the Carfax (link to the car below. Click on Carfax symbol at the end of 'vehicle summary'). Can somebody expert at interpreting those can shed some light? By the way, I hung up with that McGee dealer right before they closed, and they still have the car there, so also confused why the Carfax says 'sold' on 8/3. I'm disturbed by the possibility the car was auctioned off, plus it has 'unexplained' 500+ miles, so there's a high possibility this car was abused by one of those 2 dealers, or the auction place (if it was auctioned off). The sticker on this car was $89,720, so it has all the options I want, except no tan interior, but I could live with the red. In-service date seems to be 10/31/22, correct? Also baffled how come it was sold on that date, and it had just 1 more mile (15 vs 14) like 5 months later??? Makes no sense to me. Maybe it was 'punched' as a service loaner or demo, like many BMWs? Hopefully somebody can make sense of it all, and comment if you'd consider it or not. The other issue is car is 2K+ miles away, so it'd be super expensive to do anything. Unless there was somebody there willing to scrutinize it in detail, I'll probably pass on it, since the price is not negotiable. By the way, called a dealer in Houston, and they couldn't tell me the in-service date, but told me the options. Strange. Oh, I didn't see the heated/ventilated symbols on the HVAC, but car has the 'climate package', so it must have that, right? Thanks gang.

EDIT: And 1 owner my *****. It has like 3 (and the worst kind. Ha ha), but since they're dealers, they don't have to title the vehicle. That's always misleading. Another shortcoming of Carfax, etc. is they get their info from police reports, so single-car accidents without a police report are never reported. Something to be aware of when buying a used car, especially this car driven by dealers for 500 miles.

https://www.mcgeetoyotaofdudley.com/...d1ee2pck81633/

Last edited by JCtx; 08-07-2023 at 07:50 PM.
Old 08-07-2023, 08:04 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's a weird carfax for sure. I think you're correct that the original "owner" happened when the dealer punched the warranty.

What I can't figure out is why it started jumping around New England, went to Pittsfield where I suspect the Audi dealer brought it at auction, but then back to Darien (2 hours away) for service, then back to Pittsfield then to a random Toyota dealer in Dudley for who knows what, and now back to "sold" from Pittsfield on 8/3 then back to "for sale now at the Toyota dealer?

Maybe that's all back and forth for warranty service or something, but it's weird.

Also, Climate pack doesn't guarantee cooled seats and it also doesn't (I think) guarantee dual zone hvac, but I'm not 100% sure on that.

Old 08-07-2023, 08:22 PM

Thank you brother. Yeah, I was baffled by that report too. Will call tomorrow and ask them point blank what's the story with that car, and see what they say. I just don't like those unexplained 500 miles one bit. And if the car does not have ventilated seats, it'd be an automatic deal-breaker, but wouldn't believe a car that loaded wouldn't have them. But you never know. Under which package would ventilated seats be? Don't remember seeing any mention of that. I'd also like to know if it has keyless entry, Homelink, park assist, and auto-dimming power folding mirrors. Crazy that all of that is optional; it's worse than Porsche, and I thought I'd never say that. Ha ha. But thank you for your help. Will keep you posted. I don't like the history of this car, so most likely will have to find another. Other than the interior, it was pretty much what I was looking for (assuming it has the options I listed above), so fully considerable, since it's not a bad-looking interior, and it's full extended leather.

Last edited by JCtx; 08-07-2023 at 08:26 PM.
Old 08-07-2023, 08:58 PM

Yeah - the options are strange on these cars. The seats could either be ordered with or without cooling/heating, or you could add them separately as an option. The ONLY way I ever found to verify was to either see the sticker OR to look for a dashboard shot of the car that showed the seat cooling operating. I agree that at the original sticker it would be surprising if they weren't included, but I'd verify.

This was the option list on mine (sticker was about 86K) - note that the heated/cooed seats were added extra, and the heating/cooling seats isn't included in things like the "luxury pack" where you'd expect. Note also that mine didn't include dual zone hvac which is strange. Climate pack was also missing, but I'll live without the heated steering wheel and heated windshield, which just costs a fortune to replace and has a heating element in the glass which creates visual distortion when it's on. Or at least it did when I had it in my Range Rover. It was great for winters in Santa Fe, but hateful otherwise.

OPTIONAL EQUIPMENT
Interior luxury. pack
Illuminated Metal Treadplates w/Jaguar Script
Extended Leather Upgrade
Premium Cabin Lighting
Blind Spot Assist Pack
Rear Traffic Monitor
12-Way Heated and Cooled Front Seats
Mars Windsor Leather Performance Seats
Silicon Silver Premium Metallic Paint
Fixed Panoramic Roof
keyless Entr
20" Style 5102, 5 spoke, Gloss Black
Auto-Dimming,
Power Fold, Heated Door Mirrors w/Memory
Garage Door Opener (HomeLink®)
Wheel Protection Pack
Emergency Pack
handover Pack
Electrically Adjustable Steering Column w/Memory

Side note: Seats aren't ventilated - they're actually *cooled* with a peltier cooler. Mine have been working pretty well in 100+ heat so far...

Old 08-07-2023, 09:13 PM
Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

So they do actually cool? Mine don't seem to do anything, I turn them on to 3 and still nothing.

Old 08-07-2023, 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by piperman
So they do actually cool? Mine don't seem to do anything, I turn them on to 3 and still nothing.
I think they do. To be sure, it's not like you're sitting on a block of ice, but they seem to at least keep my backside from being a sweaty mess.

Old 08-07-2023, 09:22 PM
Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

Ok, I may have to have mine checked then. If they do work, then maybe I'm expecting more. My wife's LC 500 they definitely cool, but it is a convertible, and it's set up that way to cool seat and back.

Old 08-07-2023, 09:38 PM

Oh man; that car does NOT have neither heated or cooled seats. THANK YOU for pointing that out. And neither the El Paso car I saw, which only lists '12-way electric memory front seats'. And that white car had the ignition on, so the seat symbols should have lighted up. And somebody from that dealership replied that the car was a 'demo', which is weird, since they're an Audi and Toyota dealers, but that means to me the car was abused to hell and back, and probably for its entire 1,400 miles. So off to the next one. And the red/tan El Paso car doesn't have heated or cooled seats either, so out as well. Seems like it'll be hard to find a suitable car, but will keep looking. By the way, tried building one at Jag's site, and it was impossible. Nothing was like the window stickers, and no Surround Meridian, which is also a deal-breaker for me. I'm in no hurry, so will keep looking, but I'm less optimistic of finding one now. And I want it heavily discounted, so ordering one is out of the question anyway. Thanks for all the help guys; greatly appreciated.

Old 08-07-2023, 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by JCtx
Oh man; that car does NOT have neither heated or cooled seats. THANK YOU for pointing that out. And neither the El Paso car I saw, which only lists '12-way electric memory front seats'. And that white car had the ignition on, so the seat symbols should have lighted up. And somebody from that dealership replied that the car was a 'demo', which is weird, since they're an Audi and Toyota dealers, but that means to me the car was abused to hell and back, and probably for its entire 1,400 miles. So off to the next one. And the red/tan El Paso car doesn't have heated or cooled seats either, so out as well. Seems like it'll be hard to find a suitable car, but will keep looking. By the way, tried building one at Jag's site, and it was impossible. Nothing was like the window stickers, and no Surround Meridian, which is also a deal-breaker for me. I'm in no hurry, so will keep looking, but I'm less optimistic of finding one now. And I want it heavily discounted, so ordering one is out of the question anyway. Thanks for all the help guys; greatly appreciated.

Sounds like you were trying to build a '24 - the options are way different (lots of stuff now standard). You have to mouseover the 2023 and then click. It's not super intuitive. '23s are getting scarce though -

Here's a white 23 with the stereo and heated/cooled seats, but black and no extended leather
https://inventory.jaguarusa.com/new/...ar-F-TYPE-P450

Here's a nice white/tan in cali that's missing the stereo upgrade and the extended leather, but has heated/cooled seats

black over red with most of what you want

But I'm not seeing anything that has everything. I had the same problem and had to take my 2nd choice, but I love the car.

Old 08-08-2023, 12:04 AM

Hey, how the heck can you search for cars like that? Can't figure it out. And can't find window stickers either; it's almost impossible to find which options the cars have. So frustrating. I want to punch the options I want and do a nationwide search. Or did you already do that??? No more black cars for me anymore. And this one doesn't look particularly attractive IMO, so even less. No black exterior or interior, heated/ventilated 12-way electric performance seats, full extended leather, Meridian Surround, and blind spot are must have options. I can compromise on the rest. Wish I could punch those and see what's available, and where. Is it possible? Thx

Old 08-08-2023, 08:06 AM
Received 190 Likes on 111 Posts

You can get the Monroney sticker with the VIN. https://monroneylabels.com/

Last edited by mcphill; 08-08-2023 at 10:54 AM.
Old 08-08-2023, 10:44 AM

Hey, how the heck can you search for cars like that? Can't figure it out. And can't find window stickers either; it's almost impossible to find which options the cars have. So frustrating. I want to punch the options I want and do a nationwide search. Or did you already do that??? No more black cars for me anymore. And this one doesn't look particularly attractive IMO, so even less. No black exterior or interior, heated/ventilated 12-way electric performance seats, full extended leather, Meridian Surround, and blind spot are must have options. I can compromise on the rest. Wish I could punch those and see what's available, and where. Is it possible? Thx
Unfortunately there's no way to filter the search by options. I had a ton of bookmarks for cars I wanted, and just had to keep referencing back and forth. It was a pain - probably should have made an excel sheet

Your best bet would probably be to just sort by color and trim, arrange by price, click on the listing, see if it has your options. (on the jaguarusa site search if you click on a car, then expand features and scroll down to "Other" at the bottom of the list, options are there). You can save the car in your browser by clicking the little bookmark in the upper right of each listing on the main results page. Ultimately, probably using an excel doc and the moroney lookup that was just posted is probably easier.

Last edited by TheGeezer; 08-08-2023 at 10:46 AM. Reason: added image
Old 08-08-2023, 11:40 AM
Veteran Member
Received 531 Likes on 347 Posts

Originally Posted by mcphill
You can get the Monroney sticker with the VIN. https://monroneylabels.com/
I ordered one of those and it was a let down. Just a pdf to be printed at home and not a true reproduction of the window sticker.

Old 08-08-2023, 02:40 PM
Received 126 Likes on 96 Posts

You can usually see window stickers if you go to the JLR or other dealer site that is actually selling the car as opposed to Autotrader that is just running an ad for the car. Not sure if Carvana, Carmax etc. shows them. I never looked there.

Old 08-08-2023, 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by eeeeek
I ordered one of those and it was a let down. Just a pdf to be printed at home and not a true reproduction of the window sticker.
It has all the info, which is what mattered to me.

Old 08-08-2023, 03:34 PM

No, Jaguar sites (including dealers) do NOT show window stickers, unfortunately. I looked everywhere, and couldn't find them. And it's super confusing to read their options, since do not list what's included. Even their 'build' tool is absolute crap. Anyway, that Monroney site could be a last resort. I passed on that white/red car. Dealer was very fishy, and just said it was a 'demo'. Even if it was, I don't want a demo vehicle with 1,400 hard miles on it anyway. So the search continues. Thank you very much again for all the help and input.

Old 08-08-2023, 03:40 PM

Check what I said above. jaguarusa.com, shop tab will show you installed options , it's just not that user friendly.

Good call on that "demo"

Old 08-08-2023, 03:45 PM

Here's what you get from the Monroney site:

Old 08-09-2023, 02:08 AM
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

4. I really want a good stereo, so the Meridian Surround is a must have option. BUT, read a review (SavageGeese), and a friend who owned a '16, both said it was crap. That all other Meridians were great, but for some reason, the one on the F-Type was really bad. Hope that it got revised with the 2020 update, or maybe later. If I can get a good discount, I'd buy a new one, since these things depreciate like crazy.
I can assure you that the stereo Is good. The main problem in the old F-type was the lack in the bass note. It was something you noted immediatly, a negative factor not justifiable in a 100.000 $ car. In the new F type they put a bass reflex hole in the back of the seats and they tune perfectly the bass reflex with the bass speaker in the doors solving perfectly the problem. Now the meridian sound is very good.

Last edited by spegor; 08-09-2023 at 02:18 AM.
Old 08-09-2023, 06:48 AM
Received 126 Likes on 96 Posts

No, Jaguar sites (including dealers) do NOT show window stickers, unfortunately. I looked everywhere, and couldn't find them. And it's super confusing to read their options, since do not list what's included. Even their 'build' tool is absolute crap. Anyway, that Monroney site could be a last resort. I passed on that white/red car. Dealer was very fishy, and just said it was a 'demo'. Even if it was, I don't want a demo vehicle with 1,400 hard miles on it anyway. So the search continues. Thank you very much again for all the help and input.
I checked several Jaguar dealer sites. While I did not find official Monroney stickers they do have JLR documents that list the options on the cars and the prices of the options. See attached.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
MSRP.pdf (4.6 KB, 21 views)

Quick Reply: Considering a new P450 RWD. Have many questions.