F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Coolest F Type R converted to (SVR) - To Change to Re-style new 2019 Headlights

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2018, 02:41 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Coolest F Type R converted to (SVR) - To Change to Re-style new 2019 Headlights

Hello guys,

Im new here
So I have F Type R that I converted to nicer thing that Jaguar F Type SVR.
It is full Carbon Fibre package, with carbon mirrors, side vents, side skirts, front lip spoiler, front grill, rear diffuser. Most importantly Carbon Fibre bonnet with glass, see through Engine
I also have around 650hp
Mods: Quicksilver Exhaust
Velocity app decat downpipe
Velocity app upper pulley
Velocity app ECU Tune
Looking to install methanol kit and maybe crank pulley

Now the reason I come here is to ask, Im about to order new Re-style 2019 Jaguar SVR and 400 SPORT LED HEADLIGHTS.
Do you guys think this will fit and work on my F Type R ? Thats the only thing missing to look the most beautiful F type SVR on the earth.

It black wrapped in 3M Graggonfire red.
Some pics below.
Thanks for help

The following users liked this post:
Jaguar1611 (10-23-2018)
Old 10-22-2018, 09:20 AM
Veteran Member
Received 640 Likes on 410 Posts

Originally Posted by JaguarFtypeR
Thats the only thing missing to look the most beautiful F type (SVR) R on the earth.
Fixed.

I believe there are a few threads on LED retrofits and from my understanding it’s not an easy swap. That being said, you’ve clearly done many extensive modifications so you might be more willing to go through the trouble than others.

Also, that horsepower claim is a bit high on an upper pulley only.

Old 10-22-2018, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by Stohlen

Fixed.

I believe there are a few threads on LED retrofits and from my understanding it’s not an easy swap. That being said, you’ve clearly done many extensive modifications so you might be more willing to go through the trouble than others.

Also, that horsepower claim is a bit high on an upper pulley only.
Mods:
1. Quicksilver Exhaust -
2. Velocity app decat downpipe
Decat downpipes and quicksilver exhaust makes it straight piped Jaguar F Type that has loudest sound and burbles, plus Velocity app TUNE made burble/pop/crakles even louder and non-stop, gear changes, downshifts are crazy.
3. Eurotoys Larger radiator/intercooler (That is 3 times larger than original)
4. Have replaced Hella pump with BOSCH Pump that works much better
Aftermarket Radiator and BOSCH pump have resulted in SC temperature decrease by at least 30%.
5. Velocity app upper pulley
6. Velocity app ECU Tune (100 octane)
7. K&N Filters
8. Colder Sparks

All above is enough to gain up to 100 hp. Adding Lower crank pulley and methanol injection (that is little complicated than BMWs or turbo charged cars) will gain another 40-50 hp.

So 700hp is the realistic number I want to achieve, there is nothing else that can be done on this car in terms of performance.
Im Doing 0-100 is SVR AWD range figures.

The car has just been completed, performance wise and exterior as well. Just front carbon fibre lip spoiler is missing which was scratched and is for repair,

Anyway, if you guys are interested i will provide some number later on...

Back to the topic, if anyone knows, what kind of task will it be to fit those new HEADLIGHTS on my car... I guess it will fit without a problem and sit in place, but I think some flashing will be required to make LED works, if just Plug and play i reckon only indicators might work.
I live in Georgia (Europe) so im sure dealer wont be able to flush they are quite idiots here. But there are people who does LED conversions to BMWs and MERCs but need some hint from you guys if this will be possible at all.
(The guys are so pro, I had US version headlights and European car and they did it though on BMW, when I ask them they dont promose but say 50/50)

Did anyone thought about this headlight conversion, any ideas ??

Old 10-22-2018, 11:18 AM
Veteran Member
Received 529 Likes on 345 Posts

Just an observation: I think that would be a lot better if you removed the SVR badges. There are many tells that it's not a SVR and fake badges just leave me...underwhelmed. Simply removing the badge would really bring out all the beautiful work you have put into that car.

The following 8 users liked this post by eeeeek:
Burt Gummer (10-23-2018), FType17 (12-21-2018), Holy F type (10-29-2018), ndabunka (10-22-2018), scm (10-22-2018), SinF (10-22-2018), XJ8JR (11-15-2018), zmoothg (12-24-2018) and 3 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 10-22-2018, 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by eeeeek
Just an observation: I think that would be a lot better if you removed the SVR badges. There are many tells that it's not a SVR and fake badges just leave me...underwhelmed. Simply removing the badge would really bring out all the beautiful work you have put into that car.
Inside its exactly same as SVR. Interior done some way, alcantara roof, middle area, speedometer etc.... Just want to do diamond quilted seats in the future.
Everything else exterior is better than SVR, agree with the badges, just there is something in Georgia that you guys wont understand, there is only 3 F types. 1 orange F type R, 1 SVR owned by owner of Jaguar Land Rover, and mine, that I converted to SVR and brought to showroom and the owner was like wtf that car is much better than mine and he paid 160K Euro.

So badges are for fun and making him angry, hes kinda friend too...

Now if I go to him with new headlights that his SVR 2018 has, hes gonna go crazy....

Old 10-22-2018, 01:04 PM
Received 169 Likes on 107 Posts

Just remember to check the oil level on a regular basis, especially if you drive the car hard.

Old 10-22-2018, 04:50 PM
Veteran Member
Received 156 Likes on 129 Posts

AGREED. While his car does have a lot of extensive nice work done on it, that work does not magically "turn it into an SVR". His description that it is a RWD also affirms it's an R so you really should not be "posing" as an SVR but rather should be PROPERLY representing it as an R "with mods".

I doubt that anyone here has attempted putting the newer LED headlights into a prior F-Type but you never know so hopefully others will be able to provide him guidance.

Inside its exactly same as SVR. Interior done some way, alcantara roof, middle area, speedometer etc.... Just want to do diamond quilted seats in the future.
So not the SVR seats and also likely not the SVR suspension either.

Everything else exterior is better than SVR, agree with the badges, just there is something in Georgia that you guys wont understand, there is only 3 F types.
We understand COMPLETELY. You are only fooling yourself. There are PLENTY of F-Types in Georgia. Maybe only a few around where you live.

and mine, that I converted to SVR and brought to showroom and the owner was like wtf that car is much better...
Good to hear that you impressed an owner of a dealership but have you considered that he was being nice in hopes of getting you to trade up to an ACTUAL SVR? BTW, you can not "convert" an R to an SVR. The VIN will ALWAYS BE for an R.

We get it, you want to pose as if you have the latest and greatest $165K car so that girls and others will think you have more money than you really do. We call those people "Posers" (aka FAKERS) because they are pretending to be something they are not. No real issue if that's your thing but don't come on a board like this and ask for the community to "accept" that you have an SVR when we all KNOW you do not.

We WILL compliment you on the mods & additional $'s you have spent on a vehicle with probably a $50K street price.
It DOES look good & IMHO the $5 to $10K you have spent in addition really enhances it from that base so in the end you may even get as much as 50% of what you spent on upgrades back out of it but it will never ACTUALLY be an SVR.
So good in fact that mis-representing it as an SVR is a ...mis-calculation in most of our eyes.

Last edited by ndabunka; 10-22-2018 at 05:10 PM.
SinF (10-22-2018)
Old 10-22-2018, 05:44 PM
Received 101 Likes on 71 Posts

Agree with ndabunka im afraid, it doesnt look anything like a SVR, front wing with vents are std, bumper std (better for it imop), std suspension, so why the badges??
Most of what you've done looks good and i myself have a lot of it but its no svr and never will be, not trying to **** on your flames, just putting mine and probably most of the peoples opinion on here across.

Old 10-22-2018, 06:32 PM
Received 135 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by ndabunka
We understand COMPLETELY. You are only fooling yourself. There are PLENTY of F-Types in Georgia. Maybe only a few around where you live.
The OP is referring to Georgia the country, not Georgia the state.

ndabunka (10-23-2018)
Old 10-22-2018, 07:16 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,140 Likes on 1,461 Posts

I don't know of many people, outside of existing F-type owners, who could tell apart F-types. You could take F-type, slap Aston Martin badge on the hood, put AMG badge on the back and for most people it will be Aston Martin F-type AMG. So why stop on SVR, might as well go all the way?

ndabunka (10-23-2018)
Old 10-23-2018, 06:20 AM

man, I dont give a **** about bullshit comments.

I just came here to ask, if anyone has tried to fit new LED headlights to older cars SVR or R or V8S.
Is yes kindly guide me what has to be done, if now and still have some ideas, share with me.

Anything else, whatever man, just dont look at that SVR badge... and be polite

domino_z (10-25-2018)
Old 10-23-2018, 07:43 AM

Removing SVR badge tomorrow.
calm down and hope you be help ful..

Old 10-23-2018, 08:53 AM
Veteran Member

man, I dont give a **** about bullshit comments.

I just came here to ask, if anyone has tried to fit new LED headlights to older cars SVR or R or V8S.
Is yes kindly guide me what has to be done, if now and still have some ideas, share with me.

Anything else, whatever man, just dont look at that SVR badge... and be polite
You title the thread "coolest f type r converted to svr..." and you're going to get comments, because it's not converted to a svr... not even close. If all you truly wanted read to know about how to convert the lights, then that's all you would have said.

now i'm bowing out. I don't have information about the second party of your topic, converting the headlights.

Old 10-23-2018, 08:54 AM

You title the thread "coolest f type r converted to svr..." and you're going to get comments, because it's not converted to a svr... not even close. If all you truly wanted read to know about how to convert the lights, then that's all you would have said.

now i'm bowing out. I don't have information about the second party of your topic, converting the headlights.
if you have no answer how do you stick in or come inside this topic ? just stay out.

Im looking for people who has a general idea how conversion is able.

Old 10-23-2018, 09:32 AM
Veteran Member
Received 156 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by MI-FType

The OP is referring to Georgia the country, not Georgia the state.

Ah.Ha!
My bad. That car in that foreign country would probably be the equivalent of a Bugatti in my city. Unique and apparently a 1/2 million Euro car to others there so he's going to get a lot of attention simply for WHERE it is. Since it is not USA or the heart of Europe, the bogus SVR label is less of an issue IMHO.

I'm looking for people who has a general idea how conversion is able.
In that case you may want to drop the boasting in the thread title or simply create a more descriptive title like...."Seeking guidance on viability of replacing 2015 headlamps with 2019 model LED equivalent".

In the meantime I'll attempt to provide some useful guidance...
  1. Use the SEARCH function on this forum to find others whom have done extensive mods to their vehicles. I think we have about 10 who have done the engine seen-through-glass bonnet thing & done the CF engine cover.
  2. I believe FR500GT has sold off his car so may not be as active as he once was but read his thread & then consider reaching out to him as he may have insight as to difficulty (changing ballast, etc all likely needed)
https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f...thread-179586/

Last edited by ndabunka; 10-23-2018 at 09:49 AM.
Old 10-23-2018, 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by ndabunka
Ah.Ha!
My bad. That car in that foreign country would probably be the equivalent of a Bugatti in my city. Unique and apparently a 1/2 million $ car so he's going to get a lot of attention simply for WHERE it is. Since it is not USA or the heart of Europe, the bogus SVR label is less of an issue IMHO.
Finally someone understands the reality!

The car itself in Georgia is crazy ! who cares about SVR badge. Im just playing with it with the owner of Georgia JLR center. Who owned only SVR, and mine looks much better... there is only two in the city going around.

Ill remove badge if u guys help about healights

Old 10-23-2018, 09:45 AM
Veteran Member

if you have no answer how do you stick in or come inside this topic ? just stay out.

Im looking for people who has a general idea how conversion is able.
THEN STOP INVITING ME BACK by directing comments at me!!!! I said "I'm bowing out." You should have left it at that.

Look, I'm not trying to be a dick. I actually complemented your car and all the work that you put into it. Then I gave you a solid explanation as to why people were talking about the fake SVR badge. IF you don't want further comments from me, then simply do not reply to me.

ndabunka (10-23-2018)
Old 10-23-2018, 09:48 AM
Received 186 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by sparky fuze
Just remember to check the oil level on a regular basis, especially if you drive the car hard.

The dealer has told me oil change is only needed every 16k miles. Is that the case?

Old 10-23-2018, 09:50 AM

THEN STOP INVITING ME BACK by directing comments at me!!!! I said "I'm bowing out." You should have left it at that.

Look, I'm not trying to be a dick. I actually complemented your car and all the work that you put into it. Then I gave you a solid explanation as to why people were talking about the fake SVR badge. IF you don't want further comments from me, then simply do not reply to me.
Nobody CARES about SVR badge. car itself is super rare over here, only F type owner can distinguish and I didnt put a badge to make people think I paid extra 20-30K. everything is not about money here,
I did this to show to the only SVR owner in my country that is owner of JLR...
So please just get over the badge... Imagine I didnt put the photos and just asked for help.
Thanks

Old 10-23-2018, 09:53 AM
Veteran Member

Nobody CARES about SVR badge. car itself is super rare over here, only F type owner can distinguish and I didnt put a badge to make people think I paid extra 20-30K. everything is not about money here,
I did this to show to the only SVR owner in my country that is owner of JLR...
So please just get over the badge... Imagine I didnt put the photos and just asked for help.
Thanks
Now this is actually getting fun. Clearly people care. Several people in this thread 'cared' and as you keep bringing me back, you care.

Quick Reply: Coolest F Type R converted to (SVR) - To Change to Re-style new 2019 Headlights