F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A detailed list of all mods done...

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2016, 09:52 PM
Veteran Member
Received 211 Likes on 157 Posts
Default A detailed list of all mods done...

1. Window tint. 35% rear, 35% sides.
2. Plasti-Dip Jaguar and "F-Type" black.
3. Red caliper covers.
4. 17mm spacers.
5. Color code hood vents.
6. Color code side vents.
7. Clear bra.
8. Painted exhaust tips high temp flat red.
9. Color code rear diffuser.
10. P7 front grill conversion.
11. Aluminum pedal set with mats.
12 Carbon wrap mirrors.
13. Carbon wrap side skirts.
14. Carbon shifter extenders.
15. Black wrap window trim.
16. Smoke tail lights 35%.
17. Sto n Go license plate holder
18. "R" center caps and valve covers, and various stickers.

Car looks really good now. Very happy. One of the things I really like now is if you look at the first pic is the way the body flows with the vents no longer being a visual distraction due to their previous shiny black, overly contrasting form. If you have a car other than black, you should really think about coding the vents. You'll be very happy with the result. I realize the red painted exhaust tips are a polarizing idea. I've received a ton of compliments for the idea but if I grow tired of them, I'll hit them white or black. Red is working for now.

Attached Thumbnails A detailed list of all mods done...-img_1284-1-.jpg   A detailed list of all mods done...-img_1285.jpg   A detailed list of all mods done...-img_1286.jpg   A detailed list of all mods done...-img_1287.jpg   A detailed list of all mods done...-img_1289.jpg  

A detailed list of all mods done...-img_1290.jpg  

Last edited by polarisnavyxj; 08-19-2016 at 10:09 PM.
Old 08-19-2016, 11:04 PM
Received 390 Likes on 207 Posts

I almost didn't want to reply but couldn't hold back. This is a public forum and we are entitled to our individual opinions but I'm sorry this is awful.

1. Considering you've debadged "JAGUAR" from the spoiler only to clutter up the car with stickers sort of defeated the purpose. Not to mention the stickers you used along with license plate frames is the old Jaguar logo thats no longer used by JLR corporate.

2. It could be the lighting but the white on the fender grills don't match with the rest of the car.

3. The calipers on "R" models are already big enough. The caliper covers just cheapened the look of the car. Anybody remotely a car enthusiast will realize that you're rocking caliper covers.

4. I don't even know where to begin with the exhaust being painted red.

5. I love the P7 grill.

If I saw these "mods" on a Honda Civic then I wouldn't bat an eyebrow but not on a $100k+ car. But hey I drive just a "base" so I'm not one to talk. If you like it then thats all that matters.

Old 08-19-2016, 11:09 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by WhiteTardis
I almost didn't want to reply but couldn't hold back. This is a public forum and we are entitled to our individual opinions but I'm sorry this is awful.

1. Considering you've debadged "JAGUAR" from the spoiler only to clutter up the car with stickers sort of defeated the purpose. Not to mention the stickers you used along with license plate frames is the old Jaguar logo thats no longer used by JLR corporate.

2. It could be the lighting but the white on the fender grills don't match with the rest of the car.

3. The calipers on "R" models are already big enough. The caliper covers just cheapened the look of the car. Anybody remotely a car enthusiast will realize that you're rocking caliper covers.

If I saw these "mods" on a Honda Civic then I wouldn't bat an eyebrow but not on a $100k+ car. But hey I drive just a "base" so I'm not one to talk. If you like it then thats all that matters.
The caliper covers keep brake dust off the car. Its not for looks. I don't care if you know they are covers.

The frames are just that...frames.

The vents are a different angle with the sun setting.

The red tips are just that red tips, nothing to get emotional about. I may lose the side stickers as I agree with you there.
I do appreciate your input though.

Old 08-19-2016, 11:16 PM
Received 171 Likes on 123 Posts

I like that you are having fun with your car, but the only two things I like are the P7 grille and the colour coded rear diffuser. Everything else is not for me.

Old 08-19-2016, 11:25 PM
Veteran Member
Default As per the tips

I'll probably end up doing something like this once I find out the sizing. All I knew is that I needed to get the chrome off the car. There are a ton of things I can do and try that basically only take an afternoon. Other people however seem to love the red tips. The flat red is not as noticeable as you may think. It doesn't stand out like fire engine red brake calipers

Attached Thumbnails A detailed list of all mods done...-1d4e5686f33b2ff69b4871ea37d8a883.jpg  

Last edited by polarisnavyxj; 08-19-2016 at 11:32 PM.
The following users liked this post:
schraderade (08-20-2016)
Old 08-19-2016, 11:30 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by AnD3rew
I like that you are having fun with your car, but the only two things I like are the P7 grille and the colour coded rear diffuser. Everything else is not for me.
Oh damn I thought you'd dig my license plate holder!

Do some people actually dislike window tint and clear bras? Thats a heavy dose of opinion.

Old 08-20-2016, 12:00 AM
Received 243 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by WhiteTardis

5. I love the P7 grill.

Could not agree more with your sentiment.

Several words come to mind and they are not flattering:
cheap and tacky are the first two.

Someone once said: "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder"... but in this case I need to cover my eyes cause looking at that hurts.

Old 08-20-2016, 12:11 AM
Received 123 Likes on 79 Posts

I'm not digging the plastic-coated lettering or Jaguar on the boot.

Old 08-20-2016, 12:23 AM
Veteran Member

Damn Mike, I feel just awful. Not only did I just **** a $100K down the toilet, but I've also hurt so many along the way.

Be strong knowing It'll never be as bad tomorrow as it is today.

Hey and don't fret over me, even a cheap tacky loser like me can almost be president one day.

Last edited by polarisnavyxj; 08-20-2016 at 12:30 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by polarisnavyxj:
DJS (08-20-2016), schraderade (08-20-2016)
Old 08-20-2016, 12:30 AM

What's next polaris?
How about a pair of end-to-end racing strips, done with a can of spray paint.

Old 08-20-2016, 12:35 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by IronMike
What's next polaris?
How about a pair of end-to-end racing strips, done with a can of spray paint.
Whats next is whatever the flying F%k I desire. Never scared to do what I please. Thats the sign of a man.

Old 08-20-2016, 12:49 AM

Originally Posted by polarisnavyxj
Whats next is whatever the flying F%k I desire. Never scared to do what I please. Thats the sign of a man.
Real men don't boast about it. Just sayin.....

Just like they don't plaster two dozen 'R's all over the thing to draw attention to precisely which model u purchased. Not that anyone would notice cause they are all squinting their eyes attempting to avoid the discomfort.

Old 08-20-2016, 12:52 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by IronMike
Real men don't boast about it. Just sayin.....

Just like they don't plaster two dozen 'R's all over the thing to draw attention to precisely which model u purchased. Not that anyone would notice cause they are all squinting their eyes attempting to avoid the discomfort.
Mike...Make it stop. The challenge for you is to focus what works for you.

For ***** and giggles, I breezed through your early posts and saw the millions of questions pleading for help when you were trying to decide on which car to buy. That's your make up. I'm cut from a different cloth. Now go live in your own world for me will ya. The guys will all be here for you to tell you what to do for your car. I'm enjoying what I do.

Last edited by polarisnavyxj; 08-20-2016 at 01:00 AM.
Old 08-20-2016, 01:02 AM

Mike...Make it stop. The challenge for you is to focus what works for you.
Kind of like how you pollute this forum telling every other poster how they should paint, detail, modify, or otherwise upgrade their car... all in accord with the now proven stellar style, taste and judgment of the all-knowing and all-seeing polaris-the-penny-pincher.

Hey pal, you started this thread with yet another "look at me" post.

De_Jag (08-22-2016)
Old 08-20-2016, 01:11 AM
Veteran Member
Default Luv ya mike

goodnight.

Old 08-20-2016, 02:01 AM
Veteran Member
Received 401 Likes on 209 Posts

I started reading this thread earlier at happy hour.
I just got back and it looks a bit different.

Old 08-20-2016, 02:44 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by schraderade
I started reading this thread earlier at happy hour.
I just got back and it looks a bit different.

Man it's crazy. I'm at happy hour now. Sipping Remy vsop. Life is good.

schraderade (08-20-2016)
Old 08-20-2016, 04:05 AM
Veteran Member
Received 587 Likes on 360 Posts

1. Window tint. 35% rear, 35% sides.
2. Plasti-Dip Jaguar and "F-Type" black.
3. Red caliper covers.
4. 17mm spacers.
5. Color code hood vents.
6. Color code side vents.
7. Clear bra.
8. Painted exhaust tips high temp flat red.
9. Color code rear diffuser.
10. P7 front grill conversion.
11. Aluminum pedal set with mats.
12 Carbon wrap mirrors.
13. Carbon wrap side skirts.
14. Carbon shifter extenders.
15. Black wrap window trim.
16. Smoke tail lights 35%.
17. Sto n Go license plate holder
18. "R" center caps and valve covers, and various stickers.

12/18 - I think I'm winning?!

On the 's:
3. I understand why you have added the caliper covers but I think a subtler black or silver would looks nicer.
8. Not my cup of Earl Grey, but not hideous either. I quite like the little rings of brightness from polished steel tips (but I do not like cleaning them!)
9. With a white car you need a dark rear diffuser or the car looks like it has a fat bottom and is using a tight belt to hold its trousers up. Wrapped or dipped in a glossy CF pattern looks subtle (attached), or matt black like the OEM on the 2015MY. Body-coloured only works on the darker cars, with silver the only exception for me.
14. I simply saw the ones you used in a different thread and didn't like them. The plain aluminium ones have a nicer finish.
16. On a white car the deep red looks quite nice.
18. The caps and covers are fine, but the stickers I can see look out of place.

With some of the the 's
2. Lose the R and the F-TYPE badges and the rear will look better.
5 and 6. The white suits the car (it looks like the colour mismatch may be light reflection), and all MYs should offer the option for body-coloured covers.
10. The front grille isn't bad, but I do prefer the split grille. We have mandatory wide/narrow front license plates here so I'm conditioned to seeing something in that space. Body-colouring the surround looks good.

Attached Thumbnails A detailed list of all mods done...-wp_20160815_12_53_11_pro.jpg  
schraderade (08-20-2016)
Old 08-20-2016, 06:05 AM
Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts

After 40 plus years doing stuff to cars, I guess I have a different way of looking at the mods people do. I see it as a form of expression and there really is no right or wrong, if you like it OP that is all that matters. Over the years I have done some strange things to cars (even messed with Ferrari's when it was considered a sin to do so), but it always pleased me, so enjoy your car the way you want!

The following 2 users liked this post by carnut1:
DJS (08-20-2016), schraderade (08-20-2016)
Old 08-20-2016, 08:14 AM
Received 171 Likes on 123 Posts

Oh damn I thought you'd dig my license plate holder!

Do some people actually dislike window tint and clear bras? Thats a heavy dose of opinion.
Tinted windows don't really count as a mod for me, here they are pretty much standard.

I understand why you do the clear bra, but noemi don't like them, you can always see the lines.

You really need to relax about it. As I said, I like that you are having fun with your car, no one else has to like what you have done but you, but everyone else is entitled to their opinions and when you out it out there you can't expect that people won't give them.

Quick Reply: A detailed list of all mods done...