F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A detailed list of all mods done...

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2016, 11:45 AM
Received 218 Likes on 160 Posts

That's a nice Civic, but a sports car? I thought my definition of sports car was liberal...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_sports_cars. No Civic.

Old 08-24-2016, 11:46 AM
Veteran Member
Received 211 Likes on 157 Posts

Originally Posted by IronMike
Your points are well taken and may well be based on a lot of truth, however there are many forms of forum behavior and decorum that drive and/or keep people away, and another such example is post ******... people who dominate and/or litter the forum with one shallow or useless post after another. There comes a point where the forum seems to be all about one poster, and the entire product swirls down the drain.

Similar to what SinF stated about the image of the brand itself getting trashed by too many ridiculous mods -- which is certainly part of the concern to some who have voiced their objection in this thread -- there comes a time where certain posters should realize they are no longer just a contributing member of a forum, but are trashing the value of the forum content as they become something of a dominating influence over the entire forum, which is rarely a positive direction for any open forum.
You know what I do Mike. Personally I don't read posts that don't interest me. If I would find myself reading and worse, getting emotionally wrapped up in a particular poster but i choose to remain attached to him, then I 'd realize the problem is me, not him. I thought you were so good over the last week staying away from my threads like I do yours but here you are again, here, mad, commenting.

There are so many other places to be Mike.

Old 08-24-2016, 11:48 AM
Received 674 Likes on 487 Posts

Originally Posted by SinF
I view shunning as acceptable response...
Of course you do because you do it, and you can't be a bad person. At least not in your own head.

The Civic was never "sports car" it was designed to be cheap transportation what killed it was Honda trying to turn it into a sports car and doing a crappy job of it. As far as hatchbacks they are alive and well everyplace but the US, here we won't buy them to save our lives. For instance in Europe the car I just bought, GLA45 AMG is considered a hatch, here a SUV. Same car...

Nice European review of hatches here: Top Gear RS3 vs GLA45 vs. WRX STi - Mercedes GLA Forum

But, for some screwy reason, US buyers don't want them.

I bought one of the very first Civics and it was highly modified by the dealer (picture attached) before I bought it back in 1972 (they originally sold through Honda motorcycle dealers). Honda Worldwide | CIVIC | History

The reason behind shaming, and it is shaming, is power and a need to control others. There is actually quite a bit of science behind it https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog...control-others

What we do with our cars has no reflection on you. In fact there are folks that modify cars that were once thought to be sacrosanct. We call the result a Resto Mod and some are pretty wild. But, to date, no one has been badly scared by these efforts. But if you think you can shame folks to control them, good luck with that. It often doesn't end very well.

Attached Thumbnails A detailed list of all mods done...-honda.jpg  
Old 08-24-2016, 11:50 AM
Veteran Member
Received 401 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by enderle
The sad thing about comments like this is it drives folks like us away from the forum. Every car I have is modified because I like being different and hell, I own them. I get why folks like to shame others for being different but I don't think it is a good practice for cars or bodies. And I doubt folks that do the one don't also do the other. It is certainly fair to say you wouldn't do these things to your car, but comparing the result to **** perhaps says more about the writer than then it does their opinion. I used to be on the forum far more often then I am now, largely because of behavior like this. I don't feel I have to put up with it.
I feel the same way. In the first year after the F-Type launched, this community seemed much more about passion for the car and helpful tips and information. It was one of the highlights of the Jaguar ownership experience.

The culture on this board has changed....there are a lot more sniping and trolling posts to wade through to get to good content. Hopefully that's not reflective of how the ownership demographic is evolving. Jag owners have always been a bit offbeat, but generally classy.

The following users liked this post:
IronMike (08-24-2016)
Old 08-24-2016, 11:56 AM
Veteran Member
Default Look guys

I put up the post to explain a few of the things that can be done to an F.

There are plenty of other mods that folks have done, its really no big deal.

Each and every mod done as far as I can tell doesn't through an axe at Ian Callum and can be brought back to stock in a day if I sold the car to someone that like the way Jag did it.

Use this as a place to see a few things that can be done and if you wanted to know what they would look like you get to see.

Why would you discourage anyone from trying what they wanted, at worse, it give you an opportunity to make the judgement.

Relax, so we can get back on topic please. It's perfectly OK if you don't like what someone else did to their car, It's not yours to care this much.

Last edited by polarisnavyxj; 08-24-2016 at 11:59 AM.
Burt Gummer (10-14-2016)
Old 08-24-2016, 12:02 PM
DJS
Veteran Member
Received 2,074 Likes on 1,378 Posts

Originally Posted by SoCalJagS
I think we need a safe space for the humorless.

I interpreted your KA KA comment as somewhat tongue-in-cheek, with a bit of irony. Works for me.

SoCalJagS (08-24-2016)
Old 08-24-2016, 12:04 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by schraderade
I feel the same way. In the first year after the F-Type launched, this community seemed much more about passion for the car and helpful tips and information. It was one of the highlights of the Jaguar ownership experience.

The culture on this board has changed....there are a lot more sniping and trolling posts to wade through to get to good content. Hopefully that's not reflective of how the ownership demographic is evolving. Jag owners have always been a bit offbeat, but generally classy.
In general I still think this is a good group of guys. It is changing though. Maybe for the good. A little humor and debate has never hurt anyone. Who wants a night at the opera every day.

Anyways you guys have at it for a while...I think this post has run its course, It's getting boring around here.

Last edited by polarisnavyxj; 08-24-2016 at 12:08 PM.
Old 08-24-2016, 12:59 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,140 Likes on 1,461 Posts

Originally Posted by enderle
Of course you do because you do it, and you can't be a bad person.
Of course I can be a bad person, I could be lowering the lotion in the basket in-between posting, but until you personally get the hose again such characterizations from you are ultimately self-serving. Could it be that we simply disagree on acceptable norms of behavior both in posting and car modifications?

Also why did you in your fiery expose on mod criticism failed to mention just how criticism was handled? Tribalism much?

As to shaming, much better explanation is virtue signaling to peers.

Old 08-24-2016, 01:39 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,640 Likes on 3,362 Posts

Who's still interested in a short shifter? lol

Old 08-24-2016, 06:44 PM
Veteran Member
Received 724 Likes on 499 Posts
Old 08-24-2016, 07:59 PM
Veteran Member
Received 426 Likes on 306 Posts

Originally Posted by Mbourne
That was great. The dead parrot was as well. You just have to love comedy done well.

Old 08-24-2016, 08:30 PM
Veteran Member
Received 954 Likes on 715 Posts

Originally Posted by 2010 Kyanite XFR
You just have to love comedy done well.
No I don't.

Old 08-24-2016, 11:09 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by lizzardo
No I don't.
Ok. Then go crawl in a hole and be unhappy. Doesn't change my life one bit either way.

Old 08-24-2016, 11:35 PM
Veteran Member
Received 401 Likes on 209 Posts

No I don't.
Yes you do.
You have 4 minutes 32 seconds left.

Old 08-24-2016, 11:55 PM
Received 243 Likes on 153 Posts

Spot on.

The following 2 users liked this post by IronMike:
enderle (08-25-2016), schraderade (08-25-2016)
Old 08-25-2016, 12:28 AM
Veteran Member

Ok. Then go crawl in a hole and be unhappy. Doesn't change my life one bit either way.
I thought you wanted an argument.

Yes you do.
You have 4 minutes 32 seconds left.
And if I choose to use it for contradiction? I suppose if I'd paid for the full half hour that would get tedious.

Old 08-25-2016, 10:37 AM
Veteran Member

I thought you wanted an argument.
Lizzardo, I am usually quick witted but an incident had me distracted/pissed off when I responded. Totally didn't register until this morning when I read your reply and felt like an ***. Sorry for screwing up the humor train. Carry on!

schraderade (08-25-2016)
Old 08-25-2016, 11:02 AM
DJS
Veteran Member
Received 2,074 Likes on 1,378 Posts

Abuse is the next forum over.

Old 08-25-2016, 11:20 AM
Veteran Member

Lizzardo, I am usually quick witted but an incident had me distracted/pissed off when I responded. Totally didn't register until this morning when I read your reply and felt like an ***. Sorry for screwing up the humor train. Carry on!
Next thing you'll be running in shouting "What's all this then?"

Old 08-25-2016, 07:16 PM
Veteran Member
Received 724 Likes on 499 Posts

Thanks guys! I love it when a good funny riff gets rolling. Made my night (yes I'm easily amused).

https://www.getyarn.io/yarn-clip/798...d-565a5d5972a1

Quick Reply: A detailed list of all mods done...