F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ECU Tuning Group | Jaguar F-Type SVR Tune & Pulley Package (video)

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2017, 08:08 PM
SVR
Received 42 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by sales@ECU Tuning Group
Didn't mean to start a debate on our own thread lol. We apologize for the confusion as our marketing department scales the horsepower and torque curves to fit them neatly on the same graph. In trying to do so, has thrown this whole conversation in a different direction. Again, sorry for the error.
Makes sense. However, there's no confusion on my part. If horsepower and torque were scaled differently beforehand then put on the same scale and not adjusted appropriately, that would throw the figures off. As you said, that's what happened here and therefore the data is incorrect.

Can you ping your marketing department to revise the graph? Your engineering department should have had eyes on it to point out that the numbers represented here are mathematically impossible.

For those of you participating in this thread with no other intentions but to stir the pot...please feel free to address your concerns with us in person at one of our many locations across the U.S. Because if I remember correctly, your McLaren tuner of choice in the NY area is no longer business correct? Luckily for you, we still are

No need for keyboard warriors, there has got to be better things you could be doing with your time lol. Like we've mentioned before, we are not for everyone. We are just here to share our projects, no sales gimmicks or pushy methods. So if you're not interested, no problem. If you are? We here to help, it's really that simple. I guess that's why we're still around almost 3 decades later... #staytuned or #staybasic
Nope, not a keyboard warrior looking to stir the pot in any way...just another techie with too much money living across the bridge from your head office. I agree, your products aren't for everyone since most people are limited by their bank account. Thankfully, that's not the case for me, which is why I was leaning towards ECU Tuning Group (take a look at my other posts).

The following users liked this post:
sales@ECU Tuning Group (08-20-2017)
Old 08-20-2017, 08:09 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 40 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Stohlen
You guys should just screenshot these rather than let the marketing department bring everything into question.
Agreed, safe to say we're learning from this thread!

Old 08-20-2017, 08:17 PM
Received 182 Likes on 131 Posts

Didn't mean to start a debate on our own thread lol. We apologize for the confusion as our marketing department scales the horsepower and torque curves to fit them neatly on the same graph. In trying to do so, has thrown this whole conversation in a different direction. Again, sorry for the error.

For those of you participating in this thread with no other intentions but to stir the pot...please feel free to address your concerns with us in person at one of our many locations across the U.S. Because if I remember correctly, your McLaren tuner of choice in the NY area is no longer business correct? Luckily for you, we still are

No need for keyboard warriors, there has got to be better things you could be doing with your time lol. Like we've mentioned before, we are not for everyone. We are just here to share our projects, no sales gimmicks or pushy methods. So if you're not interested, no problem. If you are? We here to help, it's really that simple. I guess that's why we're still around almost 3 decades later... #staytuned or #staybasic
Not being smart. If your marketing depretmenr are producing material that is technically incorrect I would look to change them.

They are representing your business with their material - and that material is potentially damaging to you if you are presenting it as fact - you are posting it here as proof of power gains from your modifications - why would you want it to be incorrect and cause people to cast doubt on your reputation as is happening now?

Clearly you know it's incorrect technically so you shouldn't be posting it.

sales@ECU Tuning Group (08-20-2017)
Old 08-20-2017, 08:18 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by SVR
Makes sense. However, there's no confusion on my part. If horsepower and torque were scaled differently beforehand then put on the same scale and not adjusted appropriately, that would throw the figures off. As you said, that's what happened here and therefore the data is incorrect.

Can you ping your marketing department to revise the graph? Your engineering department should have had eyes on it to point out that the numbers represented here are mathematically impossible.

Nope, not a keyboard warrior looking to stir the pot in any way...just another techie with too much money living across the bridge from your head office. I agree, your products aren't for everyone since most people are limited by their bank account. Thankfully, that's not the case for me, which is why I was leaning towards ECU Tuning Group (take a look at my other posts).
Agreed, a cross-check would have definitely helped us lol. And the keyboard warrior comment wasn't intended for everyone, but I had to "address the class" so to speak? It's all love though. Thanks you!

Old 08-21-2017, 02:10 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,637 Likes on 3,359 Posts

And before Unhingd and ek993 have something smart to say (since they obviously love ETG so much), ...
Not pro or con...just looking for actual data. As an engineer myself, I understand the challenge you have with the marketing department. Just have them post the raw numbers and graphs from the dyno. Marketing recreations of technical data, regardless of industry, always look hokie and contrived.

sales@ECU Tuning Group (08-21-2017)
Old 08-21-2017, 02:48 PM
SVR
Received 42 Likes on 30 Posts

Agreed. Charts which represent BHP aren't all that valuable to begin with as they're merely numbers extrapolated from WHP. Adding an arbitrary factor for "drivetrain loss" just muddies the water. I've worked with all dynamometer types on the market and none put out charts in that format, so exporting the figures to run them through your data charting/visualization software of choice further exacerbates this. It's obvious that the engine is still in the car and not on an engine-dyno, so it's always best to just post the actual dyno charts.

Charts and graphs representing BHP are more so for rookies who don't comprehend differences between various dynos, WHP, and BHP. This is why tuners who cater to a more amateur audience speak in BHP as it aligns with what their customers read in magazines and manufacturer spec sheets.

Looking forward to visiting the shop in the near future and working with Goshan and the rest of the team.

sales@ECU Tuning Group (08-21-2017)
Old 08-21-2017, 05:51 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by SVR
Charts and graphs representing BHP are more so for rookies who don't comprehend differences between various dynos, WHP, and BHP. This is why tuners who cater to a more amateur audience speak in BHP as it aligns with what their customers read in magazines and manufacturer spec sheets.

Looking forward to visiting the shop in the near future and working with Goshan and the rest of the team.
This statement is very true SVR, well put!

Old 09-20-2017, 12:18 PM
Received 150 Likes on 104 Posts

Question is the supercharger pulley a non-destructive modification. Some say once you change it, you can't return to the OEM pulley, others say you can. I have been holding out on installing the pulley because I don't like the concept of one-way modifications.

sales@ECU Tuning Group (09-20-2017)
Old 09-20-2017, 12:59 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by zmoothg
Question is the supercharger pulley a non-destructive modification. Some say once you change it, you can't return to the OEM pulley, others say you can. I have been holding out on installing the pulley because I don't like the concept of one-way modifications.
The OEM upper pulley is very hard to remove. If it is bent during the removal process, the swap is irreversible, as the part is not available as a separate purchase. I have been trying to locate an OEM upper pulley that is straight.

The following 2 users liked this post by Unhingd:
sales@ECU Tuning Group (09-20-2017), zmoothg (09-25-2017)
Old 09-20-2017, 01:34 PM
Veteran Member
Received 640 Likes on 410 Posts

Originally Posted by Unhingd
The OEM upper pulley is very hard to remove. If it is bent during the removal process, the swap is irreversible, as the part is not available as a separate purchase. I have been trying to locate an OEM upper pulley that is straight.
But the lower pulley can be easily replaced without damage to any components. Something to keep in mind, and why I went this route.

Old 09-20-2017, 03:39 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by zmoothg
Great question, and Unhingd is also correct. If not removed correctly and damaged, it is not reusable or replaceable from the dealer. That is the reason why we've created our propitiatory pulley puller for the 3.0L & 5.0L supercharged application, this ensures no damage occurs to the factory component. Every pulley swap we do, the client gets their factory pulley back intact, although most end up using it as a very heavy paper-weight lol.

Old 09-20-2017, 03:57 PM
Veteran Member

Every pulley swap we do, the client gets their factory pulley back intact, although most end up using it as a very heavy paper-weight lol.
Please let me know if you know of anyone willing to part with theirs.

sales@ECU Tuning Group (09-20-2017)
Old 09-20-2017, 04:06 PM
Former Sponsor
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Unhingd
Please let me know if you know of anyone willing to part with theirs.
Will do!

Unhingd (09-20-2017)
Old 09-25-2017, 12:37 AM
Received 150 Likes on 104 Posts

Sent you a PM, ECU

sales@ECU Tuning Group (09-25-2017)